Thread: Disney Wonder

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Disney Wonder

this is off the Cruisecritic.com mesage board
    Disney's CEO Michael Eisner was quite clear during the planning process for Disney Cruise Line when he said: "I don't want a floating milk-box." What Disney execs did want were ships that resembled the luxurious ocean liners of the 1920's -- and they got just that. From the outside, the Wonder is one sleek ship, with an elongated dark blue hull, two matching red funnels, and yellow insignias encircling the ship (Mickey's colors). The inside features an elegant Art Nouveau decor with plenty of subtle nods to the mouse that started it all, from the etched-in-pewter characters bordering the atrium, to the hidden micro-mini Mickeys in Palo's china pattern. Perhaps what this ship does best though is prove that "elegant" and "family-friendly" don't have to be mutually exclusive.
    read the whole review at
    http://cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=149
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• Banned User

Re: Disney Wonder

Not just the Wonder, but the Magic as well. They are truly identifiable when in ports with other ships. They stand out against the rest with an unusual color patern, their large protholes, funnels with Mickey Mouse outlines on them, and the imaginitive script that "Magic" and "Wonder" are written in. Don't forget the ornementation that is on the bows of both that turn into the yellow stripe along the side. Everything from the outside of the ships to the inside is very streamlined and flows so well. Perhaps the best part of the Disney ships is their sleek look like mentioned. Their angles and points such as the bow, stern, bridge, and funnels make them look "fast," yet classic. Neither of the ships are boxed shapes like some of those ships out there. They are without a doubt, some of the nicest ships anywhere. They even look better than the QM2. That ship is just too tall and square.

Also, there are just too many subtle details that make it disntincly Disney. I mean, no one else can do this:

• Banned User

Too much glass:

There's a milk carton:

• Merry 2014!

Goofy hanging overboard to paint the ship is soooooo coool! One of these years i am going to have to make a reservation to cruise on these imaginativly deatailed ships.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!