• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Katie Couric Leaves "Today"

Has there been a thread? I don't care, here it is again.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12137229/

NEW YORK - Katie Couric on Wednesday confirmed numerous reports that she would leave NBC and join CBS, where she is set to become first solo female anchor in weekday evening network news history.

This is ridiculous!

I'm sorry but it is AnchorMAN, not AnchorLADY AND THAT IS A SCIENTIFIC FACT!
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

•   
    • So fetch

Re: Katie Couric Leaves "Today"

I read somewhere their periods attract bears. Bears can smell the menstruation.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I hope CBS is reading this!

Bears! Now they're putting the whole station in Jeopardy!
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Perky Anchorman = Oxymoron

It's a step up from Dan Rather, but.....

a GERBIL is a step up from Dan Rather.

• GO DBACKS!!

I thought she had already been attacked by a bear based on the way the media is acting. Sheesh, an hour of Larry King talking to her friends and family, almost as if eulogizing her.

SHE'S NOT DEAD PEOPLE, SHE JUST CHANGED JOBS!!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Happy Memories

The musical network swapping game continues. Meredith Vierra (sp?) is leaving ABC's The View to take Couric's spot on NBC's Today Show.

What's up next? Will Seacrest leave his hosting duties on Fox to replace Meredith on the View?

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries

Katie will be okay for a while because news anchors are just readers these day. It will be breaking news that show us her true grist. If she does not have the education, she ain't gonna make it.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

I'm curious who is going to replace Meredith Vieira on the The View...especially since the gossip surrounding Star Jones indicates her time may be limited as well.

Personally, I don't watch either Today or CBS Evening News...so I don't care.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Banned User

meredith will do fine on today, she came from 60 minutes before she did the view. Not sure about katie though, I like her on today but not sure she is new anchor material. you have to have a certain kind of voice to do it. campbell brown and on Ican' tremember the woman that reads the news on the today show... they both are good at it. Elizabeth Vargas is good doing the abc news as well, they all have a deeper intonation and speak slowly enough to be understood. katie has a quiet voice, not sure how it will come across doing the news.

• Minion

ORDDU: Well, before she was promoted to co-anchor on TODAY, Katie was just a side-kick who started out on TODAY just reading the news--like Anne Curry (or whatever her name is) has been doing. So, she should do fine.

ORWEN: I'm actually more interested in whatever changes will be taking place with our very own local news that we conjur up in our crystal ball each day. We watch Good Morning Morva very religiously, you know. We have the best Town Criers, here, that you'll find anywhere.

ORGOCH: Hmpf! So much fer the truth from any a THEM goomers!! I'm still waitin' ta find out the truth 'bout whether er not the ol' Horny King's got weapons a mass destruction hid down inside his dang dungeons!!

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella
    I'm curious who is going to replace Meredith Vieira on the The View...especially since the gossip surrounding Star Jones indicates her time may be limited as well.
    Same here...Meredith was definitely kind of the glue on The View (ha!) so I am wondering who they are going to replace her with. Who would you like to replace her?

• Minion

ORGOCH: If'n it's glue yer lookin' fer, why not Mr. Ed? Best dang talker they ever was anyways. Plus had a lot a good horse sense!

Quote Originally Posted by mouselicious
    Same here...Meredith was definitely kind of the glue on The View (ha!) so I am wondering who they are going to replace her with. Who would you like to replace her?
    Well the word is it's going to be Rosie O'Donnell replacing Vieira on The View.

Now this is has great potential for entertainment! I think the rumor is Rosie cannot stand Star and Joy already can't stand her...and contracts are coming up....wonder if Star will be next to go...

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?s...ment&id=4123622
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?