Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Still lost in Neverland

Ice Age 2: The Meltdown

This new animated movie opened with a $70 million one day opening that is the largest March opening is history and the biggest movie opening so far this year, and no one here has made any comments about it? I can't understand that. The first one was the biggest money maker for animation that year, and now this one is the biggest opening and no one here went to see it?

If you have seen it, what's the verdict. I am going next week (couldn't make it this week because of rain and other problems) and I am really looking forward to it. I thought the first one was fantastic and very well done.

Any comments?
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Original Mice-Chatter

Re: Ice Age 2: The Meltdown

I hope to go this weekend- it looks hilarious, I hope it lives up to the hype Fox has been giving it.

• Minion

I saw it over the weekend and I really liked it. (But I'm pretty much an easy mark )

I really liked Scrat (He's the real reason why I went to the theater to see it.) I thought it was "almost" to "as good as" as the first -- I thought they should have given Deigo a little more story, But what can you do?

And I just can't seem to stop lisping like Sid (Luckily my coworkers put up with me -- actually I've got them doing it too) heeheehee

• Happy Memories

Really liked the first and want to see the sequel, just haven't had time yet.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    This new animated movie opened with a $70 million one day opening that is the largest March opening is history and the biggest movie opening so far this year, and no one here has made any comments about it? I can't understand that. The first one was the biggest money maker for animation that year, and now this one is the biggest opening and no one here went to see it?

If you have seen it, what's the verdict. I am going next week (couldn't make it this week because of rain and other problems) and I am really looking forward to it. I thought the first one was fantastic and very well done.

Any comments?
    Let's see, I made some comments about this film from a business angle...

The concept of $40 million dollar opening being the benchmark for cgi animated films... $70 million by Vangard (Fox) is pretty good don't you think? Makes Chicken Little's $46 million look like scratch...

I have not seen the film, I will likely rent the film on Video...
    Check out my other blog:

• done

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    $70 million by Vangard (Fox) is pretty good don't you think?
    Vangard? What's that? The film was made by Blue Sky Studios.

I saw the film last weekend, and I liked it ok, not nearly as much as I liked the original. I did like it better the second time I saw it. I still think it's a bit disjointed and some of the bits seem forced. There are other bits that I wish had been longer and more thought out.

FYI, the reported box office was $70.5 million, but the number was revised to $68 million a few days later.

• Official Mice Chat person

I was wondering the same thing Lost Boy, but was afraid to post a thread without being shot down by people saying "there's already a thread about this!". I always search... then post, but still, I must not search hard enough. hahaha, anyways... I probably won't see it in theaters. But will see the DVD.

• Still lost in Neverland

Well, I plan to see it Monday with a freind. We are going to the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood where they are showing an exclusive engagement in 2K pure digital projection. I saw the first one in the theater and loved it. I also hope that this one lives up to the hype.

The two "critics" on ABC (I know it used to be Ebert and Roper, but one of them died and was replaced, and I can never remember who is who) gave it two thumbs down, but then again they gave Star Wars epsiode V two thumbs down because they though the speeder bike chase through the forest of Endor was stupid and should have been totally shot from above using special effects and that it should have been much shorter. So I have no faith in them at all. Stupid Critics can't tell me what I like and what I don't like.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i still haven't seen the first one, yet!

it just doesn't look that appealing to me. just don't tell my friend...he's worked on both at blue sky. :
    <o>

• Senior Minion

I enjoyed the first one, and will probably see it soon. Time is what I need.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Reaver of Souls

It's pretty funny. Not quite the original, and much of it may be too serious for the wee ones (We saw it in a theatre filled with kids, and they kept asking the adults "what happened?" "why is he sad?" and so forth. I really didn't like the casting of Latifah as Ellie at all. It sounded too much like she was imitating Ellen DeGeneres, who frankly (although I really don't like Ellen) could have done it better. Latifah, like Ice Cube and Ice-T are people who get roles because of who they are, and not because of any real acting talent..

The animation was good, but not Pixar good. After watching Monsters Inc., and seeing Sulley's fur move as he did, the fur on the animals in Ice Age just looks like a skin placed over a wireframe, with very little surface motion.

Diego was a bit too nice for my liking, and the whole Ellie "I'm a possum" thing got old after about 5 minutes.

Ray Romano did a good job being himself, which is perfect for the role. Leguizamo is as good as always. That guy is made for voice overs and character acting. Always great.

Overall it was good, and it was fun to see on the screen. I'm not counting the days to the DVD release, but I might pick it up...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

We saw it last Saturday and everyone loved it. I had issue with the use of swear words in a movie marketed for kids, but otherwisse, I thought it was very well done. My husband liked it more than the first one.

Parts I thought were hokey are scenes involving situations that were almost exact matches to scenes in the first movie. I agree about Diego needing more of a role. He was too tame.

Scrat was hilarious. I liked all the possum stuff.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Went to see it today and liked it. Not a Pixar kind of like it, but a good movie for this time of year. My opinion is it did so well because there just wasn't anything out there for families right now so they all rushed to see it.

I also have issues with the swear words. Just not necessary. This is an animated movie that is going the route of using our modern language and songs to get laughs. I thought it worked well for this movie though that kind of stuff can be overdone and gets old after awhile.

My daughter and I laughed a good deal and had a good time. I will probably buy the DVD when the price is right.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Saw IA2 again on Friday. Liked it just as well. I was looking at the animation this time a bit more closely. The still water was gorgeous, not so much with the moving water. The most impressive animation in the film IMHO was the look of the feathers on the vultures. Just about perfect. Very impressive.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Saw it this weekend with my honey and my 6yr old. We liked it, thought it was funny. Thought the conversation with my boyfriend was funnier at the end though.

Him: "Disney do this?"
    Me: "No honey."
    Him: "Why doesn't Disney have something like this?"
    Me: "Because they haven't made a good quality film with an original idea in the past ohh 5-10 years?
    Him: "What about Chicken Run?"
    Me: *sighs and thinks of my Mice Chat friends* "That's not Disney honey."
    Him: "oh."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast