Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scary Movie 4

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Scary Movie 4

Um....ok.

Here are the ways you can enjoy the movie.

1. Be Stoned and/or drunk
    2. Be extremely tired so that you're zoning out the entire time (I chose this option)
    3. Have Bad Taste in movies
    4. Accept it for what it is. (I chose this as well)

It is as bad as you expect it to be, so there is no dissapointment there. Just sit back watch it and allow yourself to be dumb and immature, that's all I can really say.

Oh, I was impressed with how much the movie looked like the movies it was spoofing.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Re: Scary Movie 4

I just saw that, and thought it was pretty funny. But then again, I'm a teenager and find the stupidest things funny.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I went to the 5:15 showing and there wasn't that many people there. But I was really surprised when I got out of the theatre and the entire lobby was FULL of people going to see the movie. I was like...WHOA.
    What an idiot....

• Circle of Ancients

I just went to the mall across the street to get some coffee and saw an influx of teenagers there.

I guess this is why.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I went against my will. Had to take the brothers to a movie, and I really didnt want to see benchwarmers
    What an idiot....

• Vehicle rotating backward

1 and 2 were awful, but then David Zucker came in for #3 and it's gotten slowly better. Either that or it's because I'm an old fan of "Airplane!"

• Infinitized!

I saw it tonight. Of course it's going to be dumb, it's a parody. I did like this one better than Date Movie. The problem with date movie was that it was parodying movies that were already funny, so the jokes were just being recycled and weren't funny anymore. But on the other hand, the formula works great for scary movies.

The scene where Cloris Leachman was getting her sponge bath was classic. And of course, Michael Jackson had to make an appearance. I do miss some of the Wayans brothers characters like Shorty, they should bring him back in the next one. I still think Scary Movie 2 was the best of the series. Who could forget James Woods's reaction when he sees the possessed girl for the first time.

• is satisfactual.

I absolutely adore dumb parodies. I must have watched each Naked Gun movie a thousand times by now and the trailer for Scary Movie 4 got me itching as well... Especially since it has the one and only Debra Wilson reprising her role as OPRAH! Yeah! No one does Oprah like Debra.

• Diamond In The Rough

I love spoof movies too, but although I enjoy the Scary Movie films I can't help longing for an Airplane,Naked Gun or Top Secret style spoof where knowledge of a specific flick wasn't necessary to get the jokes.

They worked by spoofing a genre rather than direct scenes from other films (Date Movie's biggest fault).
    It's still fairly funny, but I find it lazy (espically compared to Zucker/Abrahams films of old.)

Think how much you'd like to sit through SM4 without having seen the Grudge, The Village or War Of The Worlds...

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• is satisfactual.

But that "insider knowledge" is a necessary evil if you ask me. What makes a spoof great (and what sets MadTV apart from Saturday Mind-Numbing Live) is when it's so sharp that it makes you realise how much the targeted film/show/person sucked. For instance, I never thought Oprah to be quite as singular and megalomanic as after I saw Debra's impression of her. And I never looked at Disney the same after the Simpsons went to Efcot.

And there's a certain amount of warped satisfaction you get when you "get" an insider joke and no one else does. And even when you don't pick up on something, the jokes are usually subtly implanted so you can just wait for the next one to come along. Kind of like trains on the subway. All that makes spoofing one of the most satisfactory forms of comedy, I think.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Personally I find Debra Wilson to be one of the single most annoying people on TV. I can NOT stand her!
    What an idiot....

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay18
    I love spoof movies too, but although I enjoy the Scary Movie films I can't help longing for an Airplane,Naked Gun or Top Secret style spoof where knowledge of a specific flick wasn't necessary to get the jokes.
    Top Secret! was a classic. LATRINE!

[Introducing his men]
    Du Quois: This is Chevalier, Montage, Detente, Avant Garde, and Deja Vu.
    Deja Vu: Haven't we met before?
    Nick Rivers: I don't think so.
    Du Quois: Over there, Croissant, Souffle, Escargot, and Chocolate Mousse.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Saw it. Better than #2, but not by too much.

Leslie Nielsen is barely used here but he has one scene that practically carries the show's laugh factor by itself and may be the best scene of his comedy career.

All the other jokes are just about people being hit with heavy objects.

• Former Epcot CM

Actually, I love the entire Scary Movie series. I thought 3 was the weakest, but 4 looks good.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

The Scary Movie franchise has been patchy at best. The first film attempted to parody Scream, a film that needed no parodying given that it was already a post-modern twist on the horror genre. It failed - as a film, not at the box office - because it virtually transcribed the Scream script while adding a few prat falls, pot jokes and bodily fluid comedy. It was not a clever parody in any sense of the word. It was simply dumb. The second film was even more unecessary, but it did well enough to warrant a third film. Scary Movie 3 is quite possibly the biggest turnaround in a franchise ever, with the Zuckers showing us how it should have been done from the start. As such, I was expecting funny things from the fourth entry. Sadly, it was at least 10 minutes into the film before I found myself laugh at anything, and the laughs after that came few and far between. The film, and the laughs, certainly picked up pace in the late second and final acts, although I fear this was too late. Highlights included anything with Leslie Nielsen and Ma Sheen, the Brokeback Mountain parody and the film's finest hour, the Million Dollar Baby send-up. The HOWLS of laughter from 5 year olds at all of the 'something/someone humps an object'/take a hit to the groin jokes indicated exactly what audience this was going for. Still, it kind of amused and any film that makes fun of Tom Cruise is fine by me, but a little too many 'fart jokes' for my taste.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast