Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Disney Down Under back on the cards?

Well, it's been talked about for years and joked about by many as to why it wouldn't happen but (again) new evidance suggests that a Disney Down Under (Australian) Theme Park is back on the drawing boards as one of the Mouse's newest conquests!

Today on every day TV in OZ we see ads for Disneyland in California - this may not be unusual for a local Californian but 10,000 odd miles away it makes you begin to wonder why they are doing it!! - For one, Aussies account for close to the highest International Tourist numbers and together with neighbours in New Zealand are demanding a need to bring the Mouse closer to their homeland.

Sure, I am raising this thread because I would dearly love to see some more Mouse action down under but also because I have pure faith in the "build it and they will come" mantra that set the board of success for Disney park's in the first place.

So c'mon Disney!! Make your most loyal fans happy and build a Magic Kingdom of their own in a homeland Down Under!

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE DO IT SOON!!
    Last edited by Mickey_D; 04-15-2006 at 05:15 AM.
    I'm just a bit more than Just Really Nice!

• Having a Grand Day!

Re: Disney Down Under back on the cards?

The thought is intruiging, and I'd love to go more often, but it would be better for the company as a whole if the answer is NO!

I'm sorry, but there are way too many all ready for my liking. At this rate, there won't be anything special left about them!
    Last edited by drnilescrane; 04-15-2006 at 05:56 AM.

Yeah, I'm afraid that, with the amount of theme parks that are coming in, all the parks might turn into "Six Flags" parks, where money is spread out extremely thinly.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Nice Artwork there but who said anything about Disneyland Sydney???

Sorry but (is) NO!! the really right answer.

-DisneyLand Melbourne or more specifically Disneyland Brisbane are more logical ideas. Besides, Sydney ppl have already expressed a zero tolerance for ThemeParks in their town (amongst other things) having thrown the axe at their last two Theme Park Operations.

Melbourne has the Population and Attention.

Brisbane has Land, Australia's fastest growing Population + exploding Tourism rates..

The fact that Disney is special gives it all the more reason for the whole world to experience it! People that have it close by enjoy it for the regular escapism that magic provides, So then why can't it be spread elsewhere in the world?
    Last edited by Mickey_D; 04-15-2006 at 06:02 AM.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey_D
    Nice Artwork there but who said anything about Disneyland Sydney???

Sorry but NO!! Is the right answer.

-DisneyLand Melbourne or more specifically Disneyland Brisbane are more logical ideas. Besides, Sydney ppl have already expressed a zero tolerance for ThemeParks in their town (amongst other things) having thrown the axe at their last two Theme Park Operations.

Melbourne has the Population and Attention.

Brisbane has Land, Australia's fastest growing Population + exploding Tourism rates..
    Queensland is out of the race because the Government has allready voted against funding it, and I would expite my plans to move to the US if one opened in Melbourne.

But the answer remains the same, No more Disneylands, wether it's Shanghai or Sydney.

I wouldn't be too concerned about what a current Government has to say about such an initiative because as we know, things are always changing - Especially with the current Australian Parliamentary arena!

Ok, so you're saying:
    No it can't/ won't happen and
    No, you would not welcome such a Project?

Well, Let's just say that (should it happen) can I for one be standing at the gate (if one is built) and await your arrival just to say I didn't tell you so!!!
    hmm...
    Last edited by Mickey_D; 04-15-2006 at 06:17 AM.

• Having a Grand Day!

Ok, so you're saying:
    No it can't/ won't happen and
    No, you would not welcome such a Project?
    Yes and Yes.

Well, Let's just say that (should it happen) can I for one be standing at the gate (if one is built) and await your arrival just to say I didn't tell you so!!!
    hmm...
    The day Disneyland Australia gets built is the day that SBS World News becomes Australia's Top Rating Buletin - Not going to happen under my watch. I'm quite passionate about Disneyland and the endless duplication is getting beyond rediculous.

And what gives you the watch that decides this remarkable revelation?

• Having a Grand Day!

Common Sense.

Australia only has a population of 20 Million - Not enougth to support a Disneyland. And our Tourist Base isn't that strong.

Anyway, if you really want to go to a Disneyland, why don't you go to Hong Kong?

The duplication of an original I do not agree with - mind you I don't believe Disney have EVER done this? Whilst duplicating a similar Product, Quality, Experince elsewhere they have never severely replecated a Park.

You can accuse Hong Kong or even Tokyo as being ripoffs but they truly have their definabl uniquiness. An Australian Park has the ability to dtand above all in this category and well if it shoves Warner Brothers/Village to the side will then hey, thats just a case of history repeating

The duplication of an original I do not agree with - mind you I don't believe Disney have EVER done this? Whilst duplicating a similar Product, Quality, Experince etc elsewhere they have never severely replicated a Park.

You can acuse Hong Kong or even Tokyo as being rip-offs but they truly have their definable uniquiness. An Australian Park has the ability to stand above all in this category and well if it shoves Warner Brothers/Village to the side will then hey, thats just a case of history repeating

• Having a Grand Day!

The duplication of an original I do not agree with - mind you I don't believe Disney have EVER done this? Whilst duplicating a similar Product, Quality, Experince elsewhere they have never severely replecated a Park.

You can accuse Hong Kong or even Tokyo as being ripoffs but they truly have their definabl uniquiness. An Australian Park has the ability to dtand above all in this category and well if it shoves Warner Brothers/Village to the side will then hey, thats just a case of history repeating
    It's the concept I'm sick of being duplicated. I'd be a hell of a lot more favorable to a Non-Magic Kingdom park. But there are to many Magic Kingdoms, period.

I work in travel and have no problem with going to Hong Kong or to other locations- What you're forgetting is i am not just talking about a population of 20 million but a good 50 million in the area that have easy access to Australia's east Coast - and much easier than HK's.

Besides why are you being so hell-bent and argumentative over a concept that would bring so much long awaited joy, Happiness and Jobs to people that want them?

• Having a Grand Day!

You must understand, all this pointless duplication is cheapening the Disneyland brand. Disneyland won't be such a special place if there is one in every country - it's becoming a commodity.

Anyway, 50 Mill is stil not a lot of people to sustain attendance, considering you would need about 10 mill a year to match DL's numbers.

• Creative Director

^YES, I couldn't agree more!

No more Magic Kingdoms! yet, if they do, WDI has to be given the reign to create a Magic Kingdom in design and feel that is unlike any of the previous ones already in the world. There are so many different choices artistically and creatively they could do, but I don't think management, especially one headed by Jay Rasulo, is going to give them the power to create a completely unique Magic kingdom. They would most likely be forced to simply copy and change slightly was is already in disney magic kingdom parks around the world.

even then, I don't want any more.

Of course, Bob Iger's vision is international expansion, and theme parks is a key part of that. so unfortunately, I don't think it is going to stop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast