Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: J.J. Abrams to direct 11th Star Trek

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Can we just make an Enterprise movie.. set it to happen right before the last episode?? please..... you could even have time travel mixed in.. and all sorts of stuff...
    Can we time travel to make it so that the Enterprise show never happened?... Anyways, NO TIME TRAVEL! I can not stand the way that time travel is handled in the Star Trek Universe.

But I say just make a DS9 movie if one ha to be made using existing characters. It was the last decent Star Trek show as it stands at the moment.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

DS9 really ended with a lot of loose ends, that it never really seemed "complete" to me. A movie migth answer some questions about things...

But, if Abrahms is behind it, my hopes are much higher than they have been for the past few Trek outings...I mean, Enterprise I couldn't even watch all of the first season of...ugh.

Hopefully, Abrahms will restore the franchise to its former glory.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Empire Online
    25 April 2006

It Won't Be Kirk And Spock
    Exclusive: The Truth About Star Trek XI

Fans around the world whooped for joy last week at news that the Star Trek franchise was being resuscitated with M:I:3 director JJ Abrams at the helm. News that it would adopt the long-mooted concept of Kirk and Spock's youthful adventures at Starfleet Academy provoked a more mixed reaction. Those who thought such a move sacrilege can rest easy though because, as Empire discovered in an interview today with Abrams himself, the story is nothing of the sort.

"The whole thing was reported entirely without our cooperation," says the director with a hint of regret. "People learned that I was producing a Star Trek film, that I had an option to direct it, they hear rumours of what the thing was going to be and ran with a story that is not entirely accurate."

But the million dollar question is, what will it be about? Unsurprisingly, Abrams isn't saying ("We've made a pact not to discuss any specifics") but the Lost creator is a confirmed Original Series fan so don't be surprised if his take on the series does indeed take place around the era of Kirk and co, or if some of the established characters do make a reappearance. "Those characters are so spectacular. I just think that… you know, they could live again."
    http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=18614
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

Better news there, at least. The Starfleet Academy thing was a story originally pitched for Star Trek 6. If it seemed bad then, why would it be any better now? And I really don't want to see anyone else in the roles.

Let's see Sisco's return! He said he'd be back one day at the end of DS9. There's gotta be a great story in that. He could even return to stop a war or something. To be pulled away from the Prophets, the stakes have to be pretty high, no?
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Trekkie Mom and I await whatever story it is with bated breath. I'm sure she'll be in line at the theater on opening day. Me--I might have to work.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    Now if it were a Q movie, that might be funny! There was a book written a while back called Q Squared, which featured Trelane, from the Original Series episode "The Squire of Gothos". There was a big debate when TNG came out on whether Q and Trelane were from the same race, and the creators said nope. So in this book, Trelane decides he wants to hang out with Q, and drives Q absolutely crazy. There's no place, time, or dimension Q can go to where Trelane doesn't follow. This leads the Enterprise crew through multiple alternate universes, and was just a great yarn. Now that's a movie I'd enjoy!
    That was one of the best Trek books to come out then. I really, really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by HUH?
    Can we time travel to make it so that the Enterprise show never happened?
    You are my new best friend. Enterprise was lousy....just lousy. I could never get into it like I did Classic/Next Gen Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa
    I'd rather see a Star Trek Movie that has the TNG crew, the Voyager crew, and the DS9 crew altogether in it.
    Agreed. That would be the best thing to do - and would be nice to see. Although you probably wouldn't see much of Janeway - she's an Admiral now!
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12