Jobs future role with Disney

Here is a story I saw today about Steve Jobs role at Disney after the Pixar acquisition is complete.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.asp?Feed=AP&Date=20060427&ID=5678089&Symbo l=USIS

• Robot Chicken Rules!

Re: Jobs future role with Disney

That is a really interesting article. I can see how Job's has a logical approach to this. I have to respect the man for flat out telling that other people would do a better job than he would. Though it does make me wonder why he let disney buy pixar. It was no brainer he did want to do it when Eisner was still the big cheese, but i thought Job's did not like or rather get along with Iger as well? But after Job's said that Iger is the right man for the job as CEO. I guess that rumor is ka-put!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Keep in mind he's talking to Apple stockholders, and saying anything other than how interested he is in working at Apple will affect Apple stock.

The reality is that he's the salesman of the century, but pitching products is all he does. It does not mean the product he pitches is always good (Apple USB Mouse, G4 Cube, etc.) Anyone who thinks that quality would go up if Steve took over the kingdom is dreaming, the only thing that would improve is the marketing.

•   
    • Minion

You know, when I first saw the abstract of this article said it was, and compared it to what actual statements they are quoting, I found it VERY misleading...

He wasn't asked about what role he was going to have at Disney, he was only asked if he wanted to be the "Micheal Eisner" of Disney...

This is a question that he cannot possably answer except for no... For many political reasons... Particularly in the middle of the Pixar deal...

Basically it was a stupid question, and a really uniformative article...
    Check out my other blog:

• Banned User

I have heard that he is really into the merchandising area and tieing in pixar movies and merchandise. that would fit with his salemanship. but selling apple and selling disney are two different things. and pixar is but a piece of disney merchandising so we shall see what happens. his first board meeting should be sometime in august I believe assuming no snags in the deal. also remember that pixar and apple are located in northern california and disney is in glendale... I don't think he would want to commute to glendale all that often and I can assure you that disney isnt going to move it's corporate offices to northern california anytime soon. jobs may be the single largest stockholder but he will only own 6% of the company.