• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Keith Richards does his own stunts

Watch out for that tree!!!

Keith Richards falls out of tree, diagnosed with concussion
    Updated 4/29/2006 10:14 AM
    Keith RichardsGetty Images

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards suffered a mild concussion while vacationing in Fiji and was flown to a New Zealand hospital for treatment, a band spokeswoman said Saturday.
    Media reports said Richards fell out of a palm tree and remained hospitalized in Auckland.
    Richards, 62, suffered a mild concussion while on holiday in Fiji earlier this week and was flown to New Zealand, band spokeswoman Fran Curtis said in a statement.
    "Following treatment locally and as a precautionary measure, he flew to a hospital accompanied by his wife, Patti, for observation," Curtis said.
    The statement did not elaborate on Richards' condition.
    But media reports in Australian and New Zealand said Richards hurt his head after falling out of a palm tree at an exclusive Fiji resort and remained hospitalized in Auckland.
    Newspapers in the Fairfax media group reported in their Sunday editions that Richards was flown to Auckland's Ascot Hospital on Thursday after the accident.
    Steve Kirby, duty manager at the Ascot Hospital, would not comment on whether Richards was a patient there, citing the hospital's privacy policy.
    The Fijilive.com news website reported that the accident was believed to have happened at Fiji's exclusive Wakaya Club resort.
    Salesi Finau of the resort told The Associated Press that Richards and his wife recently stayed at the resort for about a week but would not say when they left.
    Finau also refused to comment on the reports Richards had an accident.
    "I am sorry, I do not have any comment on that," he said.
    The Rolling Stones played a concert in Wellington on April 18 as part of their "A Bigger Bang" world tour.
    According to the band's website, the Stones' next scheduled concert is at the Olympic Stadium in Barcelona, Spain, followed by 34 more dates across Europe.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...richards_x.htm
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Keith Richards does his own stunts

And he'll still outlive us all!

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster

And he'll still outlive us all!
    That's because he was loaded up with pain killers before the accident took place.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Get well soon Keef!!!

Security is tight at Richards' hospital

AUCKLAND, New Zealand, May 1 (UPI) --
    Security is tight at Ascot Hospital in Auckland, New Zealand, where Rolling Stones' guitarist Keith Richards was recovering from a minor concussion.
    Richards, 62, smacked his head when he fell from a coconut tree in Fiji Thursday.
    Security guards patrolled the grounds of the private hospital to keep media and fans out, the New Zealand Herald reported.
    Ascot staff have refused to comment on Richards' condition and referred media calls to Lynn Smart, the Stones' publicist, who told the newspaper she could not even confirm that he was in the hospital.
    Richards and his wife, Patti, were vacationing at the luxury resort Wakaya Club when the accident happened.
    He was first taken to Fiji's Suva Private Hospital before being flown to Auckland.
    A doctor at the Suva Private Hospital was reportedly fired for revealing details of Richards' condition, the newspaper said.
    http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.ph...1-114507-8822r
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Former Epcot CM

Haha. Silly old man.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• For You!

Isn't he already embalmed???

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Richards Leaves New Zealand Hospital

By Associated Press
    4:45 AM PDT, May 2, 2006

WELLINGTON, New Zealand -- Keith Richards has been released from a New Zealand hospital where the Rolling Stones guitarist was admitted with a head injury after he reportedly fell out of a palm tree.

Richards, 62, suffered a mild concussion while on vacation in Fiji Thursday. Several Australian and New Zealand media outlets reported the fall from the tree.

New Zealand's Sunday Star-Times also reported that Richards got on a Jet Ski after the fall and had another accident.

Richards was treated in a Fiji hospital before being airlifted to Auckland's Ascot Hospital for observation. It was not immediately clear exactly when he was released or where he went afterward.

"I can categorically confirm Mr. Richards ... is no longer a patient in this hospital," hospital duty manager Geoff Sparks told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "He has been discharged.

Band spokeswoman Fran Curtis has said only that Richards was injured earlier this week and flown to New Zealand with his wife, Patti, for observation. Her statement Saturday did not comment on Richards' condition or how he was injured.

Richards and his wife were staying at the exclusive Wakaya Club resort on a small Fijian island when he was injured.

http://www.latimes.com/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

I heard on the radio that he had hit his head, then went jet-skiing and crashed the jet ski too, before going to the hospital...

Don't know how true that is, tho....but that's what I heard.
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Richards undergoes surgery in Auckland

AUCKLAND, New Zealand, May 8 (UPI) -- Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards underwent successful surgery in Auckland, New Zealand, Monday for a head injury caused by a fall from a tree in Fiji.
    Richards, 62, was widely reported to have suffered a minor concussion when he fell from a coconut tree while vacationing with Stones bandmate Ronnie Wood two weeks ago.
    The New Zealand Herald reported Richards suffered a subdural hematoma, or blood clot on the outer membranes of the brain. However, a statement from Richards' family said doctors at Ascot Hospital performed a "small operation" Monday and said nothing about a blood clot, the BBC said.
    "After complaining of headaches yesterday doctors thought it prudent to move ahead with a small operation to remove the pressure," the statement said, adding Richards was up and talking Monday afternoon.
    The statement said the Rolling Stones had decided to delay the May 27 start of the European leg of the "A Bigger Bang Tour" until June.
    http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.ph...8-115659-1445r

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Doctors fear Richards brain damage

AUCKLAND, New Zealand, May 9 (UPI) -- Reports of a second brain surgery for Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richard have alarmed fans of Britain's rock 'n' roll legend worldwide.
    The New Zealand Herald reported Tuesday that Monday's operation in Auckland actually involved removing a portion of the 62-year-old Richards' skull.
    Richards underwent a craniotomy, in which holes were drilled in his skull and a portion was removed, giving doctors at Ascot Hospital access to blood clots in the brain -- the result of Richards' fall from a coconut tree in Fiji, the newspaper said.
    Sources also revealed Richards underwent surgery April 28 to stop bleeding in his skull but he later passed out and was plagued by severe headaches.
    Doctors are concerned about possible brain damage, the Herald said.
    The newspaper said the lack of information being publicly released has fans worldwide clamoring for news of the rock star's true condition.
    The official word after the accident was that the rocker suffered a "minor concussion."
    http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.ph...9-020442-3153r

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Keith Richards Undergoes Surgery

The Rolling Stones postpone European summer jaunt as guitarist recovers

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards underwent surgery at an Auckland, New Zealand, hospital on Monday after complaining of headaches. A week and a half ago, the sixty-two-year-old rocker had been choppered to Ascot hospital from Fiji and reportedly treated for a mild concussion, sustained after an accident while on vacation there with his wife. While details of the injury remain unclear, reports varied from a fall from a coconut tree to a jet ski accident. "After complaining of headaches yesterday, doctors thought it prudent to move ahead with a small operation to remove the pressure," a statement from Richards' camp revealed. Although the specific reason for the surgery was not given, it is speculated that the operation was to relieve a blood clot and swelling on the brain.
    The alleged tree fall would not be Richards' first share of freak accidents. In 1998, the guitarist suffered three broken ribs and a punctured lung after a fall from a ladder at his home.
    The Stones also had to deal with other health issues when drummer Charlie Watts was diagnosed with throat cancer in June 2004, right as Richards and Stones singer Mick Jagger were beginning to work on what would become the band's critically lauded comeback, 2005's A Bigger Bang. Talking to Rolling Stone last August, Richards said of the issue, "OK, **** hits the fan. But the bus is still rolling . . . You can't get off this machine, except when the wheels fall off."
    Although Richards' "operation was a complete success" the Stones, who were scheduled to kick off another European leg of their worldwide A Bigger Bang tour in Barcelona, Spain, on May 27th, have now postponed the launch to June, so that Richards can recuperate. The "machine"'s new itinerary will be announced shortly.
    CHARLEY ROGULEWSKI
    Posted may 08, 2006 12:32 PM

</IMG>
    Still on the machine
    Photo by Sante D'Orazio

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...ergoes_surgery

• All you need is LOVE

I hope he is okay wow his own stunts

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Richards thanks "beautiful ladies" at NZ hospital

May 11, 2006 16:37:35
    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Evidently on the road to recovery, Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards says he hopes he wasn't "too much of a pain in the arse" to the staff at the New Zealand hospital who treated his head injury.
    The 62-year-old rocker was released from the Ascot Hospital in Auckland on Wednesday, after being treated there for about two weeks, but will remain under medical care for an unspecified period.
    "Personally I would like to thank everyone at Ascot Hospital for the truly wonderful care I received," Richards said in a message forwarded by his publicist in New York.
    "From the doctors to the beautiful ladies who make painful nights less painful and shorter. I'm pretty much at a loss for words to express my deep gratitude. I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse -- after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks Kiwis."
    Richards underwent an operation on Monday after complaining of headaches, and the procedure was "100 percent successful," his publicist said at the time. The Stones organization has not said what the operation was for, but news reports have speculated it was to drain blood from his skull.
    The band's publicist on Tuesday denied reports that Richards had actually undergone two surgeries and risked brain damage.
    Richards' ailment has forced the band to postpone the start of the European leg of the band's "A Bigger Bang" world tour, which had been scheduled to kick off on May 27 in Barcelona, Spain. It is now expected to start in June, though no new dates have been announced yet.
    Richards' wife, Patti Hansen, and his four children have been at his bedside, and guitars have reportedly been brought in for him to play.
    The Stones' publicists have given few details of Richards' mishap, which occurred while Richards and his wife were in Fiji following the conclusion of the Asia-Pacific leg of the band's tour. Newspaper accounts have variously reported that he fell from a tree or from a watercraft.
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/reuters..._10_0_,00.html
    document.write("" + display_next_art_bottom_html + "
    ")

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Richards says he's recovered from fall

Posted 7/10/2006 2:53 PM ET

Antonio Calanni, AP
    "I feel great. I can't wait to get back on the stage again.
    Basically everything is cool," Richards said Monday.

MILAN, Italy (AP) — On the eve of the relaunching of the Rolling Stones' European tour, Keith Richards said he's recovered completely from a head injury suffered in a fall — and shrugged off a question about whether he had worried about dying.

"I feel great. I can't wait to get back on the stage again. Basically everything is cool," Richards said Monday. The 62-year-old guitarist fell from a tree April 27 while vacationing in Fiji, forcing the Stones to postpone their European tour.
    He later had surgery in New Zealand to relieve pressure on his brain.
    "Of course they put me out like a light. I was surprised myself. ... I had total comfort. When you got to do it, you got to do it," Richards said.

The Stones were to resume their A Bigger Bang tour Tuesday at Milan's San Siro stadium. The 21-date tour wraps up Sept. 3 in Denmark.
    Asked what he's been doing since the fall, Richards responded, "I recovered. ... Six weeks, I mean not bad for a brain job."
    Did he ever worry about dying? "Good one," he said, good-naturedly.
    The Stones were in a jovial mood, and when the inevitable question came — what was Richards doing up in a coconut tree and did he find what he wanted? — everyone was ready to set the record straight.
    "That's a good one. If you saw the tree, you'd realize the joke. Fiji is not just made of coconut trees. It was a little tree," Richards said.
    Mick Jagger and Ronnie Wood were eager to illustrate the point, indicating a height less than half of Richards.

Richards also confirmed his role in the third installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean series, saying he'd be filming for a week or so in September. Richards is to have a cameo role as the father of the flamboyant Captain Jack Sparrow, played by Johnny Depp.

"Now I know why (Depp) paid for all those lunches," Richards deadpanned.
    Asked what success meant to the Rolling Stones after 44 years, Richards responded: "The opportunity to continue." His bandmates nodded in agreement.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...richards_x.htm