• Infinitized!

Sci Fi announces GALACTICA Spinoff

From Cinescape:

Sci Fi Channel has announced a new spinoff series from BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. CAPRICA will be set about 50 years before and will center on the cataclysmic events that inform the current series.

The new series will be more about how the "bad guys' rise to power." It will detail how robotic Cylon Alliance rose to power and decimated the 12 Colonies of Kobol (Caprica is the name of the largest planet in the system).

CAPRICA will weave together corporate intrigue, techno-action and sexual politics into television's first science fiction family saga.
    The new series is being and executive-produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick. 24's Remi Aubuchon will write the script.

Thumbs up Re: Sci Fi announces GALACTICA Spinoff

I can't wait! Battlestar Galactica is one of the best shows on Television right now (new season starts in October) and its certainly one of the most critically acclaimed. Hope this "prequel" series is just as good.

• Infinitized!

Re: Sci Fi announces GALACTICA Spinoff

I'm looking forward to the spinoff and the new season. What I don't get is that it's a Universal Studios show and it's filmed here in Vancouver. Why not down in Universal Studios?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa
    I'm looking forward to the spinoff and the new season. What I don't get is that it's a Universal Studios show and it's filmed here in Vancouver. Why not down in Universal Studios?
    From what I understand its much cheaper to film in Canada. Exchange rate, etc. Being on a smaller cable channel, I'm sure their budget is streched pretty tight and this makes good economic sense.

Another very popular T.V. series, "The X-Files", was also filmed in Vancouver for most of its run. The production shifted back to L.A. for the last few seasons. I always thought the show had a much darker, more creepy feel (which fit the show perfectly) when it was filmed in Vancouver...I didn't think it had the same feel when it left Canada.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Village
    From what I understand its much cheaper to film in Canada. Exchange rate, etc. Being on a smaller cable channel, I'm sure their budget is streched pretty tight and this makes good economic sense.

Another very popular T.V. series, "The X-Files", was also filmed in Vancouver for most of its run. The production shifted back to L.A. for the last few seasons. I always thought the show had a much darker, more creepy feel (which fit the show perfectly) when it was filmed in Vancouver...I didn't think it had the same feel when it left Canada.
    I know it's cheaper to film here. We have studios like Lions Gate and a few others, but I was wondering why in particular Universal decided to film it here rather than down south. I guess Arny couldn't persuade them to film it in California.

I did see X-files being shot one day as I was driving by and if I recall I caught a quick glimpse of Duchovny.