Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Disney Parks Welcome 2-Billionth Guest - 5/2/06 (Disneyland Resort Press Release)

^ It has been happening since day ONE.

(Info from Wikipedia, but I think I wrote this paragraph, and I am editing it a bit)

On Monday, July 18, 1955 crowds started to gather in line as early as 2 a.m., and the first person to buy a ticket and enter the park was David MacPherson (A young Adult in College). Walt Disney decided to have a photo taken with two children, Michael Schwartner and Christine Vess instead, and the photo of the three always carries a caption along the lines of "Walt Disney with the first two guests of Disneyland." MacPherson, Schwartner and Vess all received lifetime passes to every single Disney-owned park in the world.
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 05-02-2006 at 01:03 PM.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Re: Disney Parks Welcome 2-Billionth Guest - 5/2/06 (Disneyland Resort Press Release)

I wonder what it would cost to get buy one of those passes.

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    FYI, the family was pulled out of the line of folks buying tickets for the day before park opening, and whisked backstage to sign some paperwork prior to the actual ceremony that was held at park opening (9 AM).

While walking from the Main event to them riding the Matternhorn for a photo op, I overheard the father laugh and say, I was wondering how we were going to get everything done in the park today. They had no knowledge of being chosen until pulled out of line.

I am uploading photos as I speak....
    So you are saying that APers have no chance of winning. Infact, you had to be a cute little kid to win perferable one from out of town. Sounds like fraud to me.

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

damn you emmalee mason...you'd better watch your back!!

seriously, though, good for her. looking at how many kids in their family, they can definitely get some use out of it!!
    <o>

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by phruby
    So you are saying that APers have no chance of winning. Infact, you had to be a cute little kid to win perferable one from out of town. Sounds like fraud to me.
    No "contest" was involved therefore "no chance of winning" was available, just the awarding of promotional gifts for publicity usage by a company (at their discretion) on it's private property.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12