Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Disney Parks Welcome 2-Billionth Guest - 5/2/06 (Disneyland Resort Press Release)

Disneyland Resort Press Release

Disney Parks Welcome 2-Billionth Guest

Honorary Guest Receives Lifetime Pass to Disney Parks Worldwide

ANAHEIM, Calif., May 2 -- Disneyland Resort in Southern California will welcome the "Happiest Guest on Earth" Tuesday, May 2, as Disney Parks around the world celebrate their Honorary 2,000,000,000th Guest -- almost the combined populations of China and India.

With streamers and music, the lucky Guest will be greeted by Mickey Mouse and other Disney Characters, the Mayor of Main Street, USA, and the Disneyland Ambassador. The Ambassador will present a Golden Key to the Kingdom, a one-of-a-kind proclamation and a lifetime pass to all 11 Disney Parks around the world, which are located in Anaheim, California; Orlando, Florida; Tokyo, Japan; Paris, France and Hong Kong.

The special Guest will be treated like a VIP during his or her stay at the Disneyland Resort and will enjoy exclusive tours of Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure, an opportunity to ride an attraction with Mickey Mouse and will serve as the Grand Marshal of Disneyland's 50th anniversary parade.

The visit of the 2-billionth Disney Parks Guest occurs during the Happiest Celebration on Earth, a celebration of Disneyland's 50th Anniversary and 50 years of Disney Parks around the world (Disneyland opened its gates on July 17, 1955). The celebration continues throughout the summer at Disneyland and Disney Parks, where guests can experience all new attractions and entertainment.
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 05-02-2006 at 07:16 AM.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• They wanna know, HO!

Re: Disney Parks Welcome 2-Billionth Guest - 5/2/06 (Disneyland Resort Press Release)

Holy ****, that's awesome!
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Former Epcot CM

Re: Disney Parks Welcome 2-Billionth Guest - 5/2/06 (Disneyland Resort Press Release)

OMG! I was shocked Tokyo was on there, but I guess they must have counted Japanese guests in the full tally.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Shablagoo!

Man,
    I wish I was going to be there today.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

I just had a meeting reschedule, I'm heading down there soon!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

im so there today.. hahaha
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Follow-up info from the Disneyland Resort...

Emmalee Mason, 12, of Colorado Springs, Colorado, became the honorary two-billionth guest to ever visit a DisneyPark just after 9:00am today at Disneyland in California. To commemorate this milestone, 50 years in the making, Emmalee was presented with a giant golden "Key to the Kingdoms" and a lifetime pass to all 11 Disney Parks at the five Disney Resorts in Florida, Japan, France and Hong Kong, in addition to Disneyland Resort in Southern California.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

FYI, the family was pulled out of the line of folks buying tickets for the day before park opening, and whisked backstage to sign some paperwork prior to the actual ceremony that was held at park opening (9 AM).

While walking from the Main event to them riding the Matternhorn for a photo op, I overheard the father laugh and say, I was wondering how we were going to get everything done in the park today. They had no knowledge of being chosen until pulled out of line.

I am uploading photos as I speak....
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 05-02-2006 at 11:05 AM.

• Huh?

Figured it'd be a kid to do it...

But surprised they didn't do what Disneyland did last time: give a lifetime pass to an Australian family on their once-in-a-lifetime trip to Disneyland.
    -Tim

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum

But surprised they didn't do what Disneyland did last time: give a lifetime pass to an Australian family on their once-in-a-lifetime trip to Disneyland.
    Thats what I was thinking... how many times is this kid gonna get to France, Japan and Hong Kong? She best start saving up money for airfare! Hey, you reckon she gets other perks, like merchandise and food discount, resort hotel discounts and unlimited FastPass? etc?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Disneyland Resort Press Release

DISNEY THEME PARKS WELCOME 2-BILLIONTH GUEST

12-Year Old from Colorado Springs, Colorado, Receives Lifetime Pass to Disney Parks Worldwide

Anaheim, Calif. (May 2, 2006) - - At 9:02am today Disneyland lived up to its reputation as “The Happiest Place on Earth” as it welcomed 12-year old Emmalee Mason of Colorado Springs, Colorado, as she became the honorary two-billionth guest to visit a Disney Park (nearly the combined populations of China and India).

Amidst a blast of colorful streamers, musical fanfare and a parade of congratulatory Disney characters, Emmalee was whisked away to Disneyland’s iconic Floral Mickey for a special ceremony. Surrounded by her family and familiar Disney pals, Emmalee seemed to be in a simultaneous state of shock and delight, repeating astonished sets of “Wow!” “Wow!” “Wow!”

In commenting on the day’s ceremony, Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, stated: “This is truly a highlight of our continuing global 50th anniversary celebration. The world over families use words like ‘magical,’ ‘dreams,’ ‘wonder,’ and ‘imagination’ to describe our five destination resorts around the world and now thanks to Emmalee, our honorary two-billionth guest, we can add the word “Wow!”

Andrae Rivas, the 2006 Disneyland Resort Ambassador, presented Emmalee with a giant golden key and a lifetime pass to all 11 Disney Parks around the world at such distinct locales as Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, Tokyo Disney Resort in Japan, Disneyland Paris Resort in France and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort in China (which opened in September 2005), in addition to Disneyland Resort in southern California. As an added surprise, the entire family of 10 (Emmalee, her mom and dad, Mike and Michele, five sisters, one brother, plus a baby on the way) also received lifetime passes to Disney Parks worldwide.

Rivas also gave Emmalee a one-of-a-kind proclamation designating her as the honorary two-billionth guest to visit the Disney Parks over the past five decades. During her special day Emmalee received a private photo session with her family and Mickey Mouse, an exclusive tour of Disneyland Park and Disney’s California Adventure Park, a special ride on the Matterhorn Bobsleds with Mickey, and was feted as Grand Marshal of Disneyland’s 50th anniversary parade.

“WOW! I’m in shock . . . I’m so happy!” exclaimed Emmalee. “I am just so surprised . . . I didn’t think that I would be the 2 billionth guest . . . this kind of stuff never happens to me!”

“Two-billion guests means two-billion lifetime memories that have been made and shared with friends and families at Disney Parks around the world,” said Rasulo. “A visit to a Disney theme park, whether in California, Florida, Japan, France or China, remains a vibrant and universally embraced experience passed from generation to generation.”

Citing the two-billionth Disney Park guest is just one of the highlights of 2006 as the global 50th anniversary celebration of Disney Parks around the world continues. Throughout the year each Disney resort will unveil more new innovative attractions and spectacular entertainment designed to appeal to guests of all ages with immersive experiences that only Disney can provide.

More information about the 50th anniversary celebration, plus vacations at the Disneyland Resort are available at www.disneyland.com, by calling (877) 700-DISNEY, or by visiting local travel agents.

• Former Epcot CM

Absolutely awesome.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

You can find the official Disney Publicity Photos of the event here...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1421883

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    Of course. It'd be a kid who has many years to become a Disney addict, and of course it is someone who would look good for a photo op. It's always a "happy" looking family that fits the ideals of Disney.

It hasn't been an adult for a long time in DL. I don't think WDW's has ever been over 14.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Well ****
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast