Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Still lost in Neverland

Disney's Dinosaurs DVD is out

I ordered through Amazon and they shipped it out last Saturday and it arrived yesterday in the mail.

I have a question because I just can't remember that far back. There are four discs and season one is listed on disc 1 as episodes 1 - 5 and the two specials. Then discs 2 thru 4 are all listed as Season 2 episodes 1 - 24. Is this correct? Was season 1 only 5 episodes? I never got to see the final show and never got to tape it, for reasons beyond my control. The last episode listed is "WESAYSO Know Best". Is this the final episode, or was there a third season? I thought this set was going to have every show. Now I just don't remember how many seasons it ran, I always thought it was just two, but I could be wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Re: Disney's Dinosaurs DVD is out

Well, I did a Google Search and found a list of episodes. It appears now that there were four seasons, with a 5th unknown dates season. I wonder if Disney/Henson will release a second DVD set of the last two seasons and inlcude the few episodes that are unkown broadcast dates. It looks like the final episode is in that unkown season entitled, "Nuts to War, Part 2". I never saw a listing for Part 1.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

hum...that is strange....i really need this dvd even with it's lack of 3 seasons

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I had planned to get it today but I couldn't. Tomorrow!!!

I am guessing that Season 1 was maybe a midseason thing and therefore only a few episodes. Kind of like The Office last season, only 6 or so episodes but a full season this year.

I did tape the final show (not sure where it is right now) but I don't remember that shows title. I do know that the ending was kind of sad because the ice age is coming and everything is being destroyed and we leave the family in the house getting colder and colder with ice and snow showing up and Earl looking out the window and being ever stupid yet optimistic is sure things will get better. But we know better. Also, if memory serves, I believe he is the cause of the ice age coming due to his doing something stupid (big surprise). At least they gave some closure to the show, sad as it was.

I am sure they will release the other episodes and I'm really hoping to see those "lost" episodes.

Me too. I hope the sales on this first set is enough to make them have to do a second set with the remaing episodes. It was such a funny and yet truthfull look at our times as well. Very sarcastic humor. And the Animatronci suits that Henson's Creature Factory came up with were very advanced for the time. Heck, they even look good today.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Huh?

If I remember right... It was a midseason show.

And the last season came after a rather longish absense. And it didn't last long after it did return. I remember watching the last episode. I had no idea it was the last. I was mad.
    -Tim

• ...TWO BITS!

Got my copy from Circuit City.

IMDB has lots of info on the show: http://imdb.com/title/tt0101081/

According to the link above, there are 22 episodes in season 3, and 14 episodes in season 4. But this is the weird thing, in their "unknown" seasons, they have some season 2 episodes that are found in the recently released DVD set...

I have no doubt they will release the rest of the episodes. But in one or two more sets, I'm not sure. Right now, there are supposedly 36 episodes left from the last two seasons. They COULD do one more set with the rest of the episodes. But if they want to be greedy, they'll release 2 more sets. If so, the season 4 set should have bonus features, in my opinion.

SO, they COULD have a 5 disc set for the next one. 3 discs for season 3. Season 3: 8 episodes on one disc and two discs with 7 episodes each. 2 discs for season 4. Each disc having seven episodes.

Lots of shows have their first season come in mid-season. I'm not surprised.

I'm not sure which one is the series finale episode.

2nd season is so much better than 1st season.

Man, this show has a different light to it once you see it as an adult!!

I thought the show lasted a couple more seasons. Oh well. Did the show have strong or moderate ratings in it aired??
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 05-05-2006 at 03:36 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

I remember the series.. I know it lasted like 4 seasons.. and it had a few Never aired episodes... some didn't air on the disney channel when they aired it as well as ABC during first run.

I can't wait to get the DVD set, and for season 3+4 DVD set.. (the series finale was weird since it aired, then they aired a few missing episodes after it)

I think the finale was "Endangered Species" but I can's be sure. From what I know of that final sad show, it fits.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: Disney's Dinosaurs DVD is out

Not the momma! Not the momma! Not the momma!

I'm the baby-Gotta love me!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Hug a Billy

As I stated before, I taped the final episode and it was entitled Endangered Species because "Bunch Beetles" are released into the environment. This is Earl's fault. They are trying to control something, I think vegetation that is taking over, and so Earl comes up with the bright idea to import these beetles because they will eat the vegetation. He figures that will control the vegetation and everything will be fine. Instead the beetles eat everything in sight destroying the ecosystem. This in turn causes a change in the weather (instead of global warming it brings on the ice age).

I checked my VHS tapes and I have 53 out of the 64 episodes taped from when they reran them. But they did not rerun them in order so mine are all out of sequence.

Also, the DVD discs are full of easter eggs. Here is a link that will help you find them all

http://www.dvdreview.com/eastereggs/pages/826.shtml

I thought that is what you told me, but all I remebered was Bunch Beetles and I couldn't find that title. At least we now know, if I can remember past the next 6 seconds.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl
    As I stated before, I taped the final episode and it was entitled Endangered Species because "Bunch Beetles" are released into the environment. This is Earl's fault. They are trying to control something, I think vegetation that is taking over, and so Earl comes up with the bright idea to import these beetles because they will eat the vegetation. He figures that will control the vegetation and everything will be fine. Instead the beetles eat everything in sight destroying the ecosystem. This in turn causes a change in the weather (instead of global warming it brings on the ice age).
    The episode title was "Changing Nature" and actually, that wasn't it...Earl's plan wasn't to release the Bunch Beetles into the enviroment.

The bunch beetles were scheduled to migrate through Pangea each year for mating season (kind of like the Sparrows of Capistriano...sort of). Watching for the swarms of beetles that usually fly overhead, the Sinclairs wait in anticipation to find...no bunch beetles, except one male that makes it to their backyard. As we find out, the beetles are actually VITAL to the planet's ecosystem. The adult beetles mate, and then the babies that hatch eat the overgrowth of harmful creeper plants, keeping everything in balance. Curious to know what happened to all the other beetles, they have the male beetle take them to their usual nesting grounds...only to find that all the beetles have been wiped out, A Wax Fruit Factory being built over the land, courtesy of...who else? The Wesayso Corperation. As per usual, the family tries to get Earl to talk to Mr. Richfield to stop the building because of the beetles' importance. This proves a dumb move, because Mr. Richfield feigns ignorance, and in "apology", offers Earl a cushy job as a "Enviromental Advisor". Because of the bunch beetles being killed off, the creeper vines start overrunning the households. Earl brings this up to Mr. Richfield, who tells him to think of a way to get rid of the plants. So he comes up with the plan to spray plant killer over the entire region. This works...and works too well, as the poison ends up destroying ALL plant life. Thinking again, Earl figures he needs it to rain to get some of the plants back. So he and Roy think up a way to get it to rain. ("Now think...what makes it rain?" "We could get everyone to take showers? Nah that usually makes the phone ring...") They come up with the conclusion that they need clouds before they can get rain. What makes clouds? Volcanoes of course! Mr. Richfield suspiciously suggests dropping bombs into the volcanoes...and like a moron, Earl takes his advice, and gives the order. Not ONLY do the clouds of smoke go up, they block out the sun, causing temperatures to drop drastically, and the planet to go into the deep freeze of global cooling. In the end, Richfield never really cared about what Earl did to the planet, just that dinosaurs would spend money on Wesayso products til the bitter, ugly end. Which...they pretty much did. :/

I have to say, this...was one of the single most sad series enders I've ever had to endure as a kid. Even the final line is chillingly depressing.

"I'm Howard Handupme. Good night....Good Bye."
    Last edited by GuardianDragon_Mushu; 05-06-2006 at 06:53 AM.

• Hug a Billy

Thank you. It has been so long since I had seen it ... I'm going to have to pull it out and rewatch but I now remember everything you said. Even as an adult, watching that episode was hard. I was very, very sad that it was a) going off and that b) they were going into the deep freeze. I had really become attached to them, especially baby. Of course if one ever wants to hear baby's voice, well, just listen to Elmo. They sound alike because Kevin (?) is the voice of them both. Sorry I can't remember his last name; it's on the tip of my tongue.

I hope you find it and after watching it, put it someplace safe so when I come over to visit next time, I can see it. I just hope Disney completes the DVD set with everything they have. And not three years from now, but maybe in 6 months? That would be just fine.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast