• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The Bob and Tom Show

www.bobandtom.com

Does anyone here listen to this morning radio show? I used to listen every morning until the station it was broadcast on here changed formats and dumped the show.

For those who don't know what it's about... it's pretty much nothing but 4 hours of comedy and parody with a little sports and news thrown in as well (which they usually end up making fun of). They have some of the best comedians out there as guests. This show is the biggest laugh riot ever.

Re: The Bob and Tom Show

Bob and Tom were great in their day much like Stern. But they've run their time out me thinks... If you like them try Opie and Anthony. They're now simulcasted to CBS radio from XM (their XM show is VERY dirty so be warned, but their CBS is family friendly)

• For You!

Bob and Tom is my hubby's fav radio show

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Quote Originally Posted by Lacrossedragon
    Bob and Tom were great in their day much like Stern. But they've run their time out me thinks... If you like them try Opie and Anthony. They're now simulcasted to CBS radio from XM (their XM show is VERY dirty so be warned, but their CBS is family friendly)
    None of the stations here carry Opie & Anthony and I don't have sattelite radio. I've heard from a lot of people that their show sucks though.

• For You!

Opie and Anthony are very "sternish" - disgusting, rude, crass, etc... I couldn't listen to more that 2 minutes of it - you're not missing much.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Having listened to Stern, Bob and Tom, Opie and Anthony, etc...I can only say that I thought their kind of humor was funny...in the 7th grade P.E. class locker room. I used to get a kick out of snapping towels, too.

But then again, I'm almost 50 years old...well out of their target demographic...and many things that pass for entertainment today, well...let me just once again say...not my cup of tea...to each their own...and I know how to operate the buttons on my radio...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    None of the stations here carry Opie & Anthony and I don't have sattelite radio. I've heard from a lot of people that their show sucks though.
    Would these other people be Stern fans? Everyone who has listened to O&A and likes that humor has nothing but great things to say. I'm calling bravo siera on the "a lot of people" unless they're all Stern fans (Stern and O&A fans are bitter rivals).

If you like Bob and Tom and you can take a little more spike in your coffee try them out. Xmradio.com has a free 3 day online trial. I got sold on the service 2 years ago and now I can't listen to FM at all. The music choice/services/shows are top tier. Try O&A and for a show more like Bob and Tom, Ron and Fez.

• Senior Minion

I love the "Mr Obvious" Skit about the Bear and the garbage disposal that they do.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

Love Bob and Tom! Have for years! Didn't get them in Tucson..but we have them here in Kansas. Go figure!
    Last edited by baileykat; 05-04-2006 at 05:31 AM.
    Us girls, we're so magical.
    Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.
    Hard to resist, so touchable.
    Too good to deny it.
    Ain't no big deal, it's innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    I love the "Mr Obvious" Skit about the Bear and the garbage disposal that they do.
    "Mr. Obvious you gotta help me there's a bear under my crawlspace!"

"Are you sure it's not a garbage disposal?"

"What do you think I am, an idiot?"

Oh and I LOVE Tim Bedore's "Vague But True" segments... especially the ones that have to do with the animal conspiracy. CLASSIC!

I even went and saw Rodney Carrington last year when he came to town (2nd row!) because I'd heard him several times on Bob & Tom and thought he was a riot (too bad his TV show sucked though).