Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ...TWO BITS!

Superman Returns (with a new trailer)

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/sup...urns/trailer2/

Didn't see this posted yet. It's the newest trailer to the movie. I'm still not sure about this. X3 looks better, in my opinion. But these are just trailers.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• "Always On The Move..."

Re: Superman Returns (with a new trailer)

Wow...... This is sooo very hard for me to watch. I knew Chris Reeve, and hearing the music, seeing an almost look-a-like, (doing an EXCELLENT job), I'm just sitting here with the tears running down my face and my stomache in knots.

I saw an interview with the actor (sorry blanked on his name right now) and he was wonderful. He said that he looked at the character and felt that the best he could do was study and portray Superman as Chris had portrayed him. It is uncanny to watch. While he's not quite as buffed as Chris was in the films...the look is wonderful, and to see him portray Clark Kent...THAT was when the tears really flowed.

Oh yeah, the actor was also sent a Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation Superman Tag from Dana Reeve just before she passed. Apparently there was a note with it that said something along the lines of that she and Chris supported him. (even though Chris had already passed). I wear my Tag with the Superman S and the motto "Go Forward" every day in memory of them and to help promote his foundation.

But, thanks for sharing that trailer...it looks good. Emotionally, it is a
    2 x 4 between the eyes. ..Wow..just ....Wow...
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Looks good IMHO. And I cant wait to see Supermans package (I've heard rumors )

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Mr. Reeve was a true Superman--the very definition of hero. I think, though the movies past and this young man's rememberance of him, some good will come.

The movie looks exciting and I think he would be proud.

It's weird to, because I saw the films as a boy and still see Chris Reeve in the role. Many will.

And, as Superman is immortal, so is Mr. Reeve.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Screenwriter for NLF

It does look pretty impressive. I mean the cinematography looks incredible. From the shots of him in the sky, to the Fortress of Solitude. The only thing is, does anyone else think he looks really young? I mean he supposidly returns after being gone for several years.

Also Kevin Spacey looks like he's gonna totally kick as Luthor. And the man playing boss Perry White, cant think of his name but he's been around for quite some time, looks like he's going to be pretty impressive as well.
    Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me at http://www.myspace.com/blackiepueblo

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie Pueblo
    It does look pretty impressive. I mean the cinematography looks incredible. From the shots of him in the sky, to the Fortress of Solitude. The only thing is, does anyone else think he looks really young? I mean he supposidly returns after being gone for several years.

Also Kevin Spacey looks like he's gonna totally kick as Luthor. And the man playing boss Perry White, cant think of his name but he's been around for quite some time, looks like he's going to be pretty impressive as well.
    Stage actor Frank Langella.

Sorry, waaaaay too many Entertainment Weekly mags. And I'm glad to see him too.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Is it available anywhere else? i don't have the latest version of QT on my work computer (and can't DL it) and home is the same issue.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Rawr...

I'm not very partial to Superman or Clark Kent. That being said, I very much respect Christopher Reeve and am sad to see him "replaced." I know, the show must go on, but I dont think this was a wise choice. It just seems that WB/ DC Comics are just hopping on the Universal/ Marvel comic movie bandwagon. Death to DC comics!
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Still lost in Neverland

I am not a big Superman in the comics person anymore. But I did love the first two Superman Movies with Mr. Reeve. I am certain that this is going to do him, and the character, justice and that the film will be huge. All the comic book companies are jumping on the comic to movie bandwagon, and since Superman is D.C.'s flagship character (even though D.C. Comics name is the result of Detective Comics and that titles release of Batman in issue #27, Superman came first) I don't blame them at all for trying to resurect the franchise. D.C. and Warners did the same thing with Batman Begins and it worked! So I hope this works as well.

And it will also be released, with a special print, in Imax 3-D.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    Is it available anywhere else? i don't have the latest version of QT on my work computer (and can't DL it) and home is the same issue.
    I'm having the same problem. Is this preview available anywhere else???

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJn511
    I dont think this was a wise choice. It just seems that WB/ DC Comics are just hopping on the Universal/ Marvel comic movie bandwagon. Death to DC comics!
    WB and DC have been trying to get a new Superman movie out for YEARS. But there's this superstiution around making a new Superman movie. I forgot what it was. But the studios were trying to make a new Superman movie even before this recent comic to movie bandwagon. I'm pretty that's the story.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• white and nerdy

I wonder how they will do the character of Superman....

The thing is, he is good..., like really really good. Like boy scouts helping little old ladies even though they already have the merit badge good. He's "Remember folks, be good to your mother" good... will that kind of superhero fly these days?
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Why not? His comics sell very well, and there a lot of comic book fans that order the Superman (and Batman) titles that we usually run out within an hour of getting the books on Wednesdays. He is still a very popular character, and wouldn't you agree that we need a little more heroes like him? and The Lone Ranger? and Hopalong Cassidy? and Roy Rogers? No wonder the kids of today are doing the things they do. They really have no real good heroes to look up to or to emulate. I find it very sad that today's children have never had the opportunity to have heroes like this, because it's "Not Cool". Bullpucky.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• decorating

Why can't they just make a Superman movie? Why do they have to make it all complicated? He disappeared, he has a kid- come on!
    Bleah, SO not excited now
    Long live X Men

This movie apparently ignores Superman III and on. It picks up after he left at the end of #2. I think. The son is not his, it is Lois Lane's and Lex Luther's as in the comics she did marry him at some point. I don't know if they are still married or not. I don't follow the comic anymore.

And I am also looking forward to X-Men III for sure. It looks awesome as well.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast