Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

My Idol Experience

First and foremost, I owe a HUGE thanks to Neverland for this rare opportunity. She had an extra ticket for tonights, Wednesday May 10ths, results show. This was an AMAZING experience!! Those of you that are idol fans, if you think watching it on TV is good, you should try it in person. And if the results show is this good, and only being a half hour, then the Tuesday show is even more awesome!!! Here's a recap.

NNL got there about noonish, she lives closer than I do. Once I got there, about 12:30ish, the two of us hung out for a bit and talked about different stuff. And shortly after a quick Subway run, and a run to our cars to drop things off, it was getting closer to us getting in. First, TV Guide channel came by and was showing people on camera and having games with some of the more larger groups in line. About 4 or 4:30 they started letting people in. What we had was not a gaurantee to get in, but we had a good shot being that we were towards the front of the line. It was on a first come first serve basis, but they also had to let the priority seatings in first, which includes family and celebrities.

Speaking of celebrities, we were around the corner from the entrance to the studio, waiting to get our tickets and walked in. Then the Mowry twins, their brother, and the rest of their party walked by. I got to see them up front and personal, even saying hi to both of them, and getting a hi back from each of them. They are really sweet, and much more of that to come. We got our tickets, and had to walk through the security checkpoint and metal detectors, leaving my cellphone. I felt naked, and I REALLY wished I had it on me. After about 5 minutes, we were allowed inside and went to our seats. We were in the A section, which was along the back row, but not in the back grandstands, and I was right on the aisle.

Walking into the studio was like walking out onto a legedary stadium such as Yankee stadium for the first time. You always see it on TV but it looks even more incredible in person. We sat here for a while, crowd watching, and watching as they prepped the show. I was watching the side door for any celebrities that might come in. Shortly, the Mowrys came in, walked right by us, walked right down the aisle I was on, and sat in the aisle right across from me!!!! When they came here, I turned to Lori (NNL) and gave her the wide eyes, like "HOLY CRAP!!" It was like being a kid in a candy store, I tell ya. Two rows up, was Kat's family, and in front of them was Chris'. I was so tempted to go up and talk to them. Before showtime, a line started developing of little girls wanting to get the twins autographs. One crewmember said they needed to get back to their seats, but thankfully every single one of them was able to have their night made and get their autographs. As I said, the twins were very sweet and awesome for doing this. Any celebrity could have turned them away. They took it in stride.

A short while later, the guy who warms up the crowd was pulling anyone who could dance, for some tshirts. All he got was about 5 young girls, and they were all adorable!! The entire audience was ELECTRIC!!!! It was loud!!! It was awesome!!!! Rebecca Romaijn <sp?> came in, with who everyone on tv found out, was her fiance Jerry O'Connoll. They introduced the judges, first Randy who came down the back row and I got a hi-five from him. Then Simon, who did get everyone cheering, who went up the front. Then Paula, who also came down the back row, got a hi-five from her. Both her and Randy stopped to say hi to the Mowrys. Then they intro'd the idols. Then finally out came Ryan. It was very loud in there and was awesome to see the show being filmed.

I won't go into too much details, because most of you watched it, but between commercial breaks, there were interactments with the audience and the crowd warmer guy. He would go among the audience and let certain members ask the Idols questions. If I hadn't have been here to see this, I would be done with the show because my favorite is now gone. But I will also say another thing. I wasn't a fan of Taylor, but after seeing him perform, that guy has some talent. It was also amazing to see how much of a fan base that both Taylor and Elliot have.

Well, after the show was finished, we had to wait for most of the stage to clear. It was basically everyone's chance to say their goodbyes to Chris. It was really kind of a somber, shocking moment. After about 10 to 15 minutes, everyone was allowed to exit and we made it outside. On the way out, I stopped by where Kat's mom and family were sitting (Dad was in back) and said "She has done so good, and no matter what happens, she will be fine. She is very good." And got a thanks from them. I got my cellphone back and we made our way out the parking lot. Before coming to the corner, we were stopped by some staff member asking our opinions and believe me I got some sound bytes in there. It was just incredible and this is an experience I will remember for a lifetime. Here I wait for the replay which comes on in about 20 minutes.

This is Phoenix, end of report.
    Last edited by AidensDaddy; 05-15-2006 at 12:28 PM.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: My Idol Experience

are you supposed to say who got booted off.. since the show hasnt aired yet...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• My cuties!

Sounds like an awesome experience! Thanks for the report!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst
    are you supposed to say who got booted off.. since the show hasnt aired yet...
    Oops, I'll have to fix that. But they also didn't make us sign anything. And everyone in the other timezones already know.

• Minion

I'm watching the replay of it right now, and I was in a few shots. Im so giddy. I was in the shot right behind Ryan when he was first on. I'm in the red shirt.

• Minion

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Oh, I wished I had DVR'd the show so I could look back for you!

Great report, as always you give great details. You really had a wonderful time and got so much out of it!

Very nice of NNL to take you! I give her "props"

Great reporting, what's-his-name had better watch out!

MeiMei
    Boo!

• most magical vaca ever

OMG Phoenix I am so jealous!!! I love how you describe it as amazing as going into Yankee Stadium Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

I'm debating if I should even let my kids know you went- they'll be floored Plus to see the Mowry twins and their brother!

Sounds like you had an awesome time and NNL is one amazing MC'er to offer the spare ticket
    ~~~~~~

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

What a nawesome report.

Does the West coast get to se the show live or taped? Would seem sort of odd that they don't get to see the show live like we do on the East coast.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

We see the show on a tape delay on the West Coast. I think the Mountain Time Zone folks also see it on a bit of a tape delay as well.

I have a couple questions about tickets:

1) How do you get them. I would love to go next season!

2) What is the minimum age allowed at the show? My kids are huge AI fans and I think they would love to go see it live.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper
    What a nawesome report.

Does the West coast get to se the show live or taped? Would seem sort of odd that they don't get to see the show live like we do on the East coast.
    Basically, what we saw in the studio, was the live showing for the east coast. In the other 2 timezones, it was "recorded from an earlier broadcast."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    We see the show on a tape delay on the West Coast. I think the Mountain Time Zone folks also see it on a bit of a tape delay as well.

I have a couple questions about tickets:

1) How do you get them. I would love to go next season!

2) What is the minimum age allowed at the show? My kids are huge AI fans and I think they would love to go see it live.
    NNL entered her name in a drawing, and she got picked at random. She had to reply to it quickly to get it.

I think that you have to be at least 16 years of age to at least sit by yourself. But there were younger kids in there with their families.

For any questions, they're best directed to NeverNeverland because she's done this a few times, and she knows the whole process of entering your names in.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I am honetly ticked Chris is off!!! It should have been McPhee.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Thanks so much for coming with me SP! It was so much better to go with someone! It was aesome seeing your excitment as well!

Mamabot, you have to sign up at ocatv.com. They do a drawing, it's random, and I think Sunday? I got the e-mail saying I was selected - but they only allow so many people and you have to go FAST to get anything (you can choose betwen Tuesday dress rehersal, Tuesday performance and Wednesday results). I'm not sure how hard it is to get picked - I have gotten in every time I have tried and I have horrible luck! It's not guarenteed admission - you basically fill seats when people don't show up (but you have a ticket so you stay in one place all night) and if you get in depoends on how many empty seats they have. I'm sure signups are closed now but I'll be sure to post next season Oh, and the OCATV you have to be 12. (Regular ones have to be 8).

Here's my report... It's a bit long! I tried to par it down, and it was wriotten for a different journal so hopefully it makes sense and it's not much of a repeat!

First, when we were outside waiting in line, Corey Clark was out there hawking his CD. *lol*

We were on the right side, last row, and the first and second seats by the center. (You can see us in the opener and before the group performance, behind Ryan). Ryan went by us THREE times! *swoon* I also touched Randy and Paula's hands! Tia, Tamera and Taj Mowrey were in the row next to us (and had a line of kids to get their autographs - too cute!). There were a lot of people from American Inventor there - they'd finished filming at 4. Fransisco is CUTE in person! Of course Jerry and Rebecca were there and came in last minute. McPhees we could see from our seat. (Mama McPhee had on the CUTEST spring suit/skirt.) Elliotts mom and brother, of course, (his brother looks so much like him) and I think Taylor's crew was a few rows in front of us?

Ok, anyone who says Elliott doesn't have personality is crazy. He showed the most, Kat the least (but she was nervous as hell!). Elliott had SO many fans, I'd daresay as many as Taylor, though Chris' fans were the loudest! Anyway, when people would yell things at Elliott, he'd do the whooping fist thing. Adorable! Chris and Taylor got some yells as well, and of course Taylor was yelling out Soul Patrol It was cool to see them reading the signs and waving at the crowd.

Questions the audience asked were standard (all asked by kids, to be fair): KAT what age did you first start singing? CHRIS Part 1: Are you married? Part 2: Do you have kids and what are their names? This was cute... Chris didn't think his mike was on, so he started pantomiming, then said something and was all surprised to hear himself! ELLIOTT: What did you get your mom for Mother's Day? (He said that she was in the audience so he couldn't say). And Have you ever been to Oregon? He was all confused by that (The girl asking was from Oregon). Taylor got no questions!

So, seeing them in person I was going crazy. They all looked SO good! Taylor, man, is he hot and his thighs, uh huh. And Chris is so sexy and even Elliott looks adorable! They acted adorable too - it was neat to watch them watching themselves on TV. When they played Simon's comments about Elliott, Chris patted him on the leg (like Atta boy!). They all cracked up during the Taylor and parrot part of the commercial. It was obvious they all like each other a lot. Katherine was more reserved but I think she was really nervous.

And they sounded GREAT. Like, ALL of them just sounded so good! My comments on the group performances:
    ~ Elliott sounded SO much better live. He sounded crappy on the TV but great live. Before the song they sang on the left side of the stage (right after Taylor's solo) Elliott ran through the crowd, right by us! It was awesome.
    ~ Taylor is HOT. His thighs! I said it before but still! And really, he didn't seem as spastic or attention hogging. He was just having so much fun that all that stuff was part of the performance - not distracting from it.
    ~ When Chris sang Love Me Tender, I got chills. The boy MOVED me. He can sing. WTF America?

I know I'm missing some things.

It was still hard to watch the elimination again. It makes my heart break. The shock on his and Kat's faces. I didn't realize that his voice almost broke. OMG, Chris!!! The whole audience was shocked. It was hard for me to hear Ryan, so I only caught the end of what he said, and I was waiting for him to pull a joke. But he didn't.

I didn't cry until, when Chris was watching his montage, Ryan came over and put his arm on Chris' shoulder. Then he rubbed Chris' back a little and put his hand back on Chris' shoulder. That was my breaking point.

Also, Terri the reporter said that Chris didn't have ANY family there tonight! Poor guy.

AFTER... Elliott's mom was talking to Kat's mom. Someone yelled out something to Chris (as he was talking to someone else) and Taylor did a big ole point to him and I think clapped. Lots of hugs. It was hard to see what was going on. Outside, we were interviewed by a guy with a tape recorder. I didn't ask what it was for so, uh, ok?

What an expirience!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• My cuties!

Corey Clark was out there hawking his CD.
    This just cracked me up! What a loser!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    Thanks so much for coming with me SP! It was so much better to go with someone! It was aesome seeing your excitment as well!

Mamabot, you have to sign up at ocatv.com. They do a drawing, it's random, and I think Sunday? I got the e-mail saying I was selected - but they only allow so many people and you have to go FAST to get anything (you can choose betwen Tuesday dress rehersal, Tuesday performance and Wednesday results). I'm not sure how hard it is to get picked - I have gotten in every time I have tried and I have horrible luck! It's not guarenteed admission - you basically fill seats when people don't show up (but you have a ticket so you stay in one place all night) and if you get in depoends on how many empty seats they have. I'm sure signups are closed now but I'll be sure to post next season Oh, and the OCATV you have to be 12. (Regular ones have to be 8).

Here's my report... It's a bit long! I tried to par it down, and it was wriotten for a different journal so hopefully it makes sense and it's not much of a repeat!

First, when we were outside waiting in line, Corey Clark was out there hawking his CD. *lol*

We were on the right side, last row, and the first and second seats by the center. (You can see us in the opener and before the group performance, behind Ryan). Ryan went by us THREE times! *swoon* I also touched Randy and Paula's hands! Tia, Tamera and Taj Mowrey were in the row next to us (and had a line of kids to get their autographs - too cute!). There were a lot of people from American Inventor there - they'd finished filming at 4. Fransisco is CUTE in person! Of course Jerry and Rebecca were there and came in last minute. McPhees we could see from our seat. (Mama McPhee had on the CUTEST spring suit/skirt.) Elliotts mom and brother, of course, (his brother looks so much like him) and I think Taylor's crew was a few rows in front of us?

Ok, anyone who says Elliott doesn't have personality is crazy. He showed the most, Kat the least (but she was nervous as hell!). Elliott had SO many fans, I'd daresay as many as Taylor, though Chris' fans were the loudest! Anyway, when people would yell things at Elliott, he'd do the whooping fist thing. Adorable! Chris and Taylor got some yells as well, and of course Taylor was yelling out Soul Patrol It was cool to see them reading the signs and waving at the crowd.

Questions the audience asked were standard (all asked by kids, to be fair): KAT what age did you first start singing? CHRIS Part 1: Are you married? Part 2: Do you have kids and what are their names? This was cute... Chris didn't think his mike was on, so he started pantomiming, then said something and was all surprised to hear himself! ELLIOTT: What did you get your mom for Mother's Day? (He said that she was in the audience so he couldn't say). And Have you ever been to Oregon? He was all confused by that (The girl asking was from Oregon). Taylor got no questions!

So, seeing them in person I was going crazy. They all looked SO good! Taylor, man, is he hot and his thighs, uh huh. And Chris is so sexy and even Elliott looks adorable! They acted adorable too - it was neat to watch them watching themselves on TV. When they played Simon's comments about Elliott, Chris patted him on the leg (like Atta boy!). They all cracked up during the Taylor and parrot part of the commercial. It was obvious they all like each other a lot. Katherine was more reserved but I think she was really nervous.

And they sounded GREAT. Like, ALL of them just sounded so good! My comments on the group performances:
    ~ Elliott sounded SO much better live. He sounded crappy on the TV but great live. Before the song they sang on the left side of the stage (right after Taylor's solo) Elliott ran through the crowd, right by us! It was awesome.
    ~ Taylor is HOT. His thighs! I said it before but still! And really, he didn't seem as spastic or attention hogging. He was just having so much fun that all that stuff was part of the performance - not distracting from it.
    ~ When Chris sang Love Me Tender, I got chills. The boy MOVED me. He can sing. WTF America?

I know I'm missing some things.

It was still hard to watch the elimination again. It makes my heart break. The shock on his and Kat's faces. I didn't realize that his voice almost broke. OMG, Chris!!! The whole audience was shocked. It was hard for me to hear Ryan, so I only caught the end of what he said, and I was waiting for him to pull a joke. But he didn't.

I didn't cry until, when Chris was watching his montage, Ryan came over and put his arm on Chris' shoulder. Then he rubbed Chris' back a little and put his hand back on Chris' shoulder. That was my breaking point.

Also, Terri the reporter said that Chris didn't have ANY family there tonight! Poor guy.

AFTER... Elliott's mom was talking to Kat's mom. Someone yelled out something to Chris (as he was talking to someone else) and Taylor did a big ole point to him and I think clapped. Lots of hugs. It was hard to see what was going on. Outside, we were interviewed by a guy with a tape recorder. I didn't ask what it was for so, uh, ok?

What an expirience!!
    Taylor had friends there, they were shown when he and Elliot were safe. Both of them were sitting towards the other side, to the left of Simon. Even the judges thought the same, it didn't go based on talent. I really feel that some votes just aren't getting through because there aren't enough options for everyone to get their votes in.
    Last edited by AidensDaddy; 05-12-2006 at 03:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast