Thread: Pixar Shares

• oh bugger

Pixar Shares

I bought stock in Pixar a while back and once Disney announced they were taking over I noticed on oneshare.com that Pixar shares could be bought as collectibles. Apparently it was a big collector's piece.

Instead of spending the $65 or so to buy the share, pay $40 for the frame and then another $45 for processing by oneshare.com I just went ahead and sold one of my shares.

Does anybody else have a Pixar share they are going to keep as a collectible? I am going to frame mine myself and hold on to that thing for a while. They have some Pixar characters at the bottom like Buzz, Woody, and Luxo.

•   
    • Minion

Re: Pixar Shares

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenb52
    I bought stock in Pixar a while back and once Disney announced they were taking over I noticed on oneshare.com that Pixar shares could be bought as collectibles. Apparently it was a big collector's piece.

Instead of spending the $65 or so to buy the share, pay $40 for the frame and then another $45 for processing by oneshare.com I just went ahead and sold one of my shares.
    You are correct, in fact there are articles suggesting that folks are expecting Pixar paper shares to be even more collectable now that they are no longer in issuance...

I don't own any...
    Check out my other blog:

• Banned User

I have a share cirtificate... Nice and looks good, now to get some disney shares.. Lol

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I bought a share of Disney and a share of Pixar on OneShare.com probably over a month ago. The Disney stock arrived and is really nice. Still waiting on the Pixar stock. I have no idea why it's taking so long... I hope I'll still be getting the Pixar paper stock they promised and that I paid for... I got a tax form in the mail from Pixar a couple weeks ago.. filled it out and sent it in - maybe they were waiting on that before they sent me the stock.. Not sure though cause I didn't have to fill one out for Disney...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

i bought one from oneshare and one from frameastock.com. the frameastock took a while, but it just came in yesterday, and i just sent in the tax form today, so that shouldnt told the shipment back mastergracey. they are wonderful looking certifcates.

on a side note, i got a letter from disney saying that in order to receive the disney stock, the pixar stock would have to be turned in unless they were "lost, stolen, or damaged" *wink wink*

• Banned User

in order to get the disney stock you do have to turn in your pixar certificate. so if you plan to keep it as a collectible, you won't get your 2.3 shares of disney stock.

• oh bugger

I too received that letter. Anyone with pixar share certificates should have gotten it. While I know in order to get my Disney stock I have to turn the Pixar one in, but it looks so nice framed. Luckily all my other Pixar stock transfered instantly on e-trade and that was no big hassle.

I imagine it is probably a bit of a headache for both Co.'s to handle all the certificates they won't be getting back, I'd imagine it's a pretty significant amount of money's worth of shares out there framed in peoples homes. I have no idea how that works out for their finances, just several thousand dollars sorta missing. Dunno if it even matters.

• Banned User

Wink Re: Pixar Shares

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenb52
    I too received that letter. Anyone with pixar share certificates should have gotten it. While I know in order to get my Disney stock I have to turn the Pixar one in, but it looks so nice framed. Luckily all my other Pixar stock transfered instantly on e-trade and that was no big hassle.

I imagine it is probably a bit of a headache for both Co.'s to handle all the certificates they won't be getting back, I'd imagine it's a pretty significant amount of money's worth of shares out there framed in peoples homes. I have no idea how that works out for their finances, just several thousand dollars sorta missing. Dunno if it even matters.
    I think thats why they have the clause on lost stolen or damaged stock.. lol if you dont have the cirtificate (or want to give it up) heres how with spending some money to get ours... lol