• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Mickey mouse clubhouse

Okay. Who has seen the new show Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Disney channel? If you have seen it what do you think about the show?

I saw it twice over the weekend and I think it is a great show. Very educational and fun for both parents and little kids to watch together. A great introduction to the core Disney characters for the little kiddies that have never been formally introduced. I liked the storylines and how personalities of the characters stay the same, even though the environment is meant to be educational. For example the creators allow Donald to try and be Donald, but at the same time mickey reminds Donald that he needs to "be polite" or "Be a good sport" Lastly I like how the code words used in the show are similar to the code words used for the original Mickey Mouse club in the 50's that I grew up watching as re-runs when the Disney Channel was new in the mid 80's.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Re: Mickey mouse clubhouse

in a commercial for it it sounds like a kid is saying puto

• The Mystery Mouseketool

My three-year-old son loves it, and asks for it by name (we have a couple on the TiVo): "Daddy, watch Mickah Mouse Cubhouse?"
    When Mickey talks to the screen he pauses, and my kid always answers!
    We also dig the music by They Might Be Giants...
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." - BB

• Happy Memories

I can't speak about the content of the show as I've never actually watched an episode, but I have flipped by it a couple of times. I thought it looked ugly, so I kept flipping.

• For You!

I walked in the kitchen the other day and my 5 year old and 7 year old were sitting mezmerized by it.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

I saw one episode last week, It was okay, but I don't like those characters being all three demensional, I would perfer the old House of Mouse, that was the only time that Disney showed the old cartoons. I miss those old cartoons.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by fantasywatersfreak
    I saw one episode last week, It was okay, but I don't like those characters being all three demensional, I would perfer the old House of Mouse, that was the only time that Disney showed the old cartoons. I miss those old cartoons.
    My 2 year old loves House of Mouse. It is the only thing he will sit and watch all the way through. However, he did catch the first episode of Mickey Club house and didn't move from his spot for the whole 30 minutes...it was heaven for me.

• Princess of my own world

I think the shows great. Although I have no little ones I'm a Disney Channel addict, just because of the happy shows on there. I think it's very educational and I'm glad that kids are able to see the classic characters again. When House of Mouse went off some kids were left without knowing who Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse were.

It's very educational and the rhymes are very catchy and easy for little ones to memorize. The use of other rhyming words is great and kids remember more when it's in the form of song or if it has a rhythm to it. Plus what I liked is when a question is asked, there is an appropriate length of time (3-5 seconds) for the children to determine the answer.

(Yes I'm going to be a teacher so go educational shows! lol)
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**