• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Gentlemen, Start Your Boomboxes - Disney Launches 'Cars' Themed Electronics, 5/16/06

This summer, to coincide with the release of the Disney/Pixar film Cars, Disney Consumer Products is launching a line of colorful electronic products. This marks the first time Disney has released a series of electronic products based on a single theatrical release.

Similar in style to the Classic Mickey and Disney Princess lines, these Cars electronics will feature a "Mix Stick" mp3 player, a 13" color TV/DVD player, a CD boombox and a personal CD player. Each item is designed after Cars lead character Lightning McQueen, voiced in the movie by Owen Wilson.

"We saw Cars as an opportunity to develop one of the most creative kids' electronics lines and pushed all design boundaries to make it happen," said Chris Heatherly, vice president of global electronics for Disney. "Just as our Disney Princess electronics brand has experienced tremendous growth over the past three years and is now the #1 electronics brand with girls, we see the Cars electronics brand resonating with boys and growing in years to come."

The Cars electronics will be available from major retailers including Target, Sears, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us and DisneyShopping.com in June. Cars opens nationwide on June 9th.

--disneytim--

• For You!

Re: Gentlemen, Start Your Boomboxes - Disney Launches 'Cars' Themed Electronics, 5/16/06

We haven't gotten those yet, but my children had a massive hissy fit in Shopko the other day and I caved and got them the little matchbox lightning cars.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Re: Gentlemen, Start Your Boomboxes - Disney Launches 'Cars' Themed Electronics, 5/16/06

Then whatever you do, don't show them this.

I really like the Cars merchandise coming out. A lot of cute stuff.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

i saw all this stuff at Target the other day!!! the cd player/sterer/radio is so damn cute!!! seriously...it was hard for me to resist buying one of these bright-eyed thinges!! then...i turned around and saw all of the POTC2 merch. across the walkway....amazing stuff there, too!!