Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Clearing my Calendar

Re: So who is going to see 'Da Vinci Code' on Friday?

I'll say this much: You guys make me think.

I'll be seeing it. Hopefully after work, since I don't get out until 9:00 pm.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    You mean... the latest movie from the excellent filmmakers at Imagine Entertainment, with the fabulous locations, some of the world's most treasured artwork and spectacular international cast including Tom Hanks,
    Audrey Tautou, Sir Ian McKellen, Alfred Molina, Paul Bettany and Jean Reno? Yeah, I'm in.
    Well said!
    I read enough nonfiction. It's nice to have some fast-paced fictional mind-candy to read every so often. I dug the book and I'm seeing the film Saturday!
    I'm sick of the "controversy" though. It's just a movie. Watch it if you want, don't if you don't, parts could be true, parts could be untrue, just go and have a good time! Eat some popcorn! Forget your troubles and go be entertained by one of the few amazing actors we still have.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell
    Well said!
    I read enough nonfiction. It's nice to have some fast-paced fictional mind-candy to read every so often. I dug the book and I'm seeing the film Saturday!
    I'm sick of the "controversy" though. It's just a movie. Watch it if you want, don't if you don't, parts could be true, parts could be untrue, just go and have a good time! Eat some popcorn! Forget your troubles and go be entertained by one of the few amazing actors we still have.
    I could care less about the controversy, I do not like tom hanks, and as an avid movie watcher I found other ones that interested me more. so many to choose from if it makes it into my netflix then I will watdh it, if not meh.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The controversy has a good point. The book does villify the Catholic Church. And while it may not be the first time this has happened, it is a very popular book and I can see why the Church is upset.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    You mean... the latest movie from the excellent filmmakers at Imagine Entertainment, with the fabulous locations, some of the world's most treasured artwork and spectacular international cast including Tom Hanks,
    Audrey Tautou, Sir Ian McKellen, Alfred Molina, Paul Bettany and Jean Reno? Yeah, I'm in.
    Well said.
    I enjoyed the book and enjoyed Angels and Demons also. I'm not saying it's a masterpiece, but it was a fun read. In my mind, any book that gets millions of people reading and talking is all good in my book.

Count me in!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell
    And that what the movies are all about. I want to go and have a good time.

Hope the movie's good. I don't get out of college until 9:30, so it's going to be a late-night flick for me.
    -Monorail Man

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    The controversy has a good point. The book does villify the Catholic Church. And while it may not be the first time this has happened, it is a very popular book and I can see why the Church is upset.
    well, the catolic church did that to itself....and that has nothing to do with the book and everything to do with recorded history.

as far as the movie goes....I do go see movies, I catch them on dvd or dish...

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i'm really excited about the movie...even if i didn't make it as a finalist on the DVC Google Quest i think i'm going to sneak a showing of it while pixie kid's at school on friday.
    <o>

• Earth Intruder

I'm seeing it Friday.

The people protesting the movie need to get a life IMHO. THE BOOK IS FICTION for pete's sake. It does not purport to be "the truth about Jesus", and the protests merely give the movie extra free publicity.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Membre

The movie was presented yesterday at a pre-première in Cannes International Film Festival and received "lukewarm praise"...
    Still, I think I'll go to see it...

The movie did receive some lukewarm praise, but the majority of the response was highly critical.
    One scene during the film, meant to be serious, elicited prolonged laughter from the audience. There was no applause when the credits rolled; instead, a few catcalls and hisses broke the silence.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/...inci.protests/

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The book was okay...but not worthy of all the hype by any stretch, IMHO. With movie prices what they are now, I rely on Netflix and DVD's most of the time now...with the cast, this may be one of the few times the movie is actually better than the book.

And it is just a story. Masterful marketing, though...all these protests and t-v and radio panel discussions are giving the producers advertising that money could not possibly buy.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Yes, it is just fiction, but unfortunately, unlike the posters here, there are those who are unfamiliar enough with the Catholic Church teachings who believe this is based on facts.
    As for reviews, so far on Rotten Tomatoes it's at 0%, 0 for 5.
    I may see it on DVD. I haven't read the novel, but then again I don't read much fiction, preferring non-fiction books like history, trivia or biographies.
    Also, my wife and I can't go out to the movies that much, what with an eight and a six-year old. When we do go, it's to see something that we're really excited about seeing, such as the New Pirates movie this summer.
    "I'll be in my bunk...."

• insufferable know-it-all

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Well my church is protesting it, but im simply not interested in the movie. Plus why would I waste money on it when I can watch all the shows about it on History Channel?
    Quite simply: because the shows "about it", as you say, are really only about the underlying backstory that defines the plot, not the plot itself. The book is actually a wonderful scavenger hunt of a story.

I think there are far too many people protesting what they don't know. Someone at a pulpit told them they should protest the book/movie because it "claims" that Jesus was married. But give me a break, that whole thing is just a backstory to the actual mystery they're trying to uncover. It's a freaking grail quest, the story, the fundamental plot, is a quest, a scavenger hunt, a Jesus-themed Minnie's Moonlit Madness. And a darn fun read, if you ask me.

No one's asking people to believe the ideas in the book, it's a freaking novel. It needed plausible, but different and not widely accepted, ideas to make the plot work.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Circle of Ancients

I haven't read the book ... but I'm SO there.

Like Aliasd said ... Tom Hanks, Paul Bettany, Sir Ian McKellen, Ron Howard ... Uhm ... HELLO!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Do you think that, with this movie and X-Men coming out, this will be a good year for the movie industry?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast