Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 150
  1. #31

    •   
    • debating what to put here
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,317

    Re: So who is going to see 'Da Vinci Code' on Friday?

    Morrigoon nails it once again.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

  2. #32

    • Rally Vixen
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Yes, it's real ;)
    Posts
    6,622
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: So who is going to see 'Da Vinci Code' on Friday?

    I can't wait to see it! My mom and I are going to try to see it together next Wednesday.

    I would love to see a movie theater offer a double feature of The Da Vinci Code with Passion of the Christ.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.



    May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

    NO GOATS!

  3. #33

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,657
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: So who is going to see 'Da Vinci Code' on Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Quite simply: because the shows "about it", as you say, are really only about the underlying backstory that defines the plot, not the plot itself. The book is actually a wonderful scavenger hunt of a story.

    I think there are far too many people protesting what they don't know. Someone at a pulpit told them they should protest the book/movie because it "claims" that Jesus was married. But give me a break, that whole thing is just a backstory to the actual mystery they're trying to uncover. It's a freaking grail quest, the story, the fundamental plot, is a quest, a scavenger hunt, a Jesus-themed Minnie's Moonlit Madness. And a darn fun read, if you ask me.

    No one's asking people to believe the ideas in the book, it's a freaking novel. It needed plausible, but different and not widely accepted, ideas to make the plot work.
    Well Like I said, I for one am not going to see it simply because I do not care to watch it. That's not my type of film. But we all know that there really is no mystery behind anything the bible teaches so why was the Da Vinci Code made in the first place?

    And should we allow the movie industry to tell lies about our religious figures and beliefs and let them get away with it?

    No one is asking anyone to believe the story, but some people do believe it unfortunately and that's where the problem is.

  4. #34

    •   
    • debating what to put here
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,317

    Re: So who is going to see 'Da Vinci Code' on Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    But we all know that there really is no mystery behind anything the bible teaches so why was the Da Vinci Code made in the first place?
    It was written as a work of fiction. It has no underlying purpose, other than to entertain.

    And should we allow the movie industry to tell lies about our religious figures and beliefs and let them get away with it?
    Yes.

    Nobody seemed to have a problem when George Burns played god in "Oh God". There was nothing factual about it but everyone loved George and it was funny. No problem.

    No one is asking anyone to believe the story, but some people do believe it unfortunately and that's where the problem is.
    The only problem is that some people are idiots. If someone sees Superman and thinks that they can fly, it isn't the fault of the movie.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

  5. #35

    • Former Epcot CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Travelling the world but home is the UK
    Posts
    4,865

    Re: So who is going to see 'Da Vinci Code' on Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    a Jesus-themed Minnie's Moonlit Madness.
    Its little gems like this quote on MiceChat that keeps me coming back
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

    DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

    (VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS


  6. #36

    • Former Epcot CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Travelling the world but home is the UK
    Posts
    4,865

    Re: So who is going to see 'Da Vinci Code' on Friday?

    Oh, and I cannot wait to see it! I'm waiting until Wednesday though because cinema tickets are half price then.

    The book was very suspenseful and fun, but not to be taken seriously. Its just sensation, thats all. Quite harmless.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

    DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

    (VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS


  7. #37

    • Rally Vixen
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Yes, it's real ;)
    Posts
    6,622
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: So who is going to see 'Da Vinci Code' on Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    And should we allow the movie industry to tell lies about our religious figures and beliefs and let them get away with it?

    No one is asking anyone to believe the story, but some people do believe it unfortunately and that's where the problem is.
    The OP of this thread was asking if people were going to see the movie, not whether or not the film is historically accurate.

    BTW:

    The Da Vinci Code is a work of fiction. There is no claim that the facts of the movie are based in reality. I, for one, love that there is a story that questions the status quo. But then again, I am a sucker for a good consipracy theory.

    Quote Originally Posted by WordDefinition.com
    fiction noun a literary work based on the imagination and not necessarily on fact
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.



    May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

    NO GOATS!

  8. #38

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,657
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: So who is going to see 'Da Vinci Code' on Friday?

    Motorboat Cruiser
    Yes.
    Why?

    The only problem is that some people are idiots. If someone sees Superman and thinks that they can fly, it isn't the fault of the movie.
    true. Well anyway, personally I can care less what people spend their money on. I don't want to protest because that's just not me. If my church were to ask me to join them I would have said no. My mom tried to get me to go to the theatres Friday to see another movie as a form of protest against Da Vinci Code and I said no, because 1) There is no good movies out right now, 2) Going to watch another movie ain't a form of protest, 3) The only movie I want to see is X-Men 3....(I rarely go to the movies).

    I do think this film will be a huge success in the Box Office. I have nothing against people who see it. I am just to laid back to care.

  9. #39

    • Former Epcot CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Travelling the world but home is the UK
    Posts
    4,865

    Re: So who is going to see 'Da Vinci Code' on Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    BTW:

    The Da Vinci Code is a work of fiction. There is no claim that the facts of the movie are based in reality. I, for one, love that there is a story that questions the status quo. But then again, I am a sucker for a good consipracy theory.
    Yeah, to expand on what mamabot is saying, the only thing the author claims is the existance of Opus Dei and the Knights Templar. Both are real things, believe it or not, well at least the Knights Templar were. Dan Brown claims nothing else.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

    DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

    (VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS


  10. #40

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cartoon Wasteland
    Posts
    4,828
    Blog Entries
    68

    Re: So who is going to see 'Da Vinci Code' on Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    And should we allow the movie industry to tell lies about our religious figures and beliefs and let them get away with it?
    Because we allow them to do the same thing with our non-religious figures and beliefs. It's called poetic license and freedom of speech.

    The DaVinci Code is a work of fiction based on theories that have been espoused for centuries, accurate or not. Dan Brown wasn't covering any new ground when he wrote the book. He just had better PR.

    Those who feel it's blasphemous don't have to see it. Personally, I was offended by Passion of the Christ because of its unrelenting brutality. It may have been historically accurate, but its graphic nature was totally unnecessary. I've seen Tarantino films where the violence was less disturbing.

    I'm not seeing The DaVinci Code because I thought the book was dumb, not because it offends any of my theological ideals.

  11. #41

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,657
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: So who is going to see 'Da Vinci Code' on Friday?

    Believe me, if I really cared about this movie, I would have bombarded this thread with Bible scriptures .....

  12. #42

    •   
    • debating what to put here
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,317

    Re: So who is going to see 'Da Vinci Code' on Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Why?
    Because it is a work of fiction. There is no requirement that works of fiction be accurate, nor should there be. To say that movies such as this shouldn't be allowed is censorship.

    or, what disneytim said.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

  13. #43

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,657
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: So who is going to see 'Da Vinci Code' on Friday?

    Oh and before I forget to mention, yes I only saw History Channel shows on the theories behind the Da Vinci Code and no I do not know exactly what the end of the story is in the book. I only came in here to answer Oogies question that he asked "If we knew anyone who would protest." Since I have no clue what the end is, I have no reason to protest the film. For all I know Tom Hanks, character can become more religious at the end or something. However I disagree with it only because of what I heard on the history channel. But one day I do plan on watching it too just to see if it is all that bad like the protestors are makinging it seem to be.

    Plus with Ian Mckellen (Sp?) in the film, how will I be able to resist?

    oh and for some reason, I like how Hanks' hair looks in this film....Is that odd??

  14. #44

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cartoon Wasteland
    Posts
    4,828
    Blog Entries
    68

    Re: So who is going to see 'Da Vinci Code' on Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Believe me, if I really cared about this movie, I would have bombarded this thread with Bible scriptures .....
    You mean like "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"?








    :

  15. #45

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,657
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: So who is going to see 'Da Vinci Code' on Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneytim
    You mean like "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"?








    :
    , believe me I am far from being sin free

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 'The Da Vinci Code' DVD out 11/14
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 07:45 AM
  2. The Da Vinci Code Reviews are coming in...
    By Soulquarian in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 02:57 PM
  3. The Da Vinci Code to open Cannes
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 07:24 PM
  4. Da Vinci and Walt Disney(spoilers for The Da Vinci Code)
    By FI183 in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-25-2005, 10:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •