• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Prince Caspian' moves from 12/07 to summer 2008 - The Hollywood Reporter 5/17/06

May 17, 2006
    The Hollywood Reporter
    'Narnia' follow-up release moved to summer 2008

Walt Disney Pictures' follow-up to Andrew Adamson's blockbuster "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" has been moved off the Christmas 2007 release schedule to summer 2008. Disney rescheduled "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" hours after Columbia Pictures circulated an announcement Tuesday staking a claim on December 8, 2007 for the domestic release of its new fantasy fable "The Water Horse." Columbia's similarly themed fantasy fable aimed at family audiences pre-empted by one week Disney's "Prince Caspian," which had been slated for December 14, 2007. Both sweeping epics are produced by Walden Media and when left to open one week apart were perfectly poised to cannibalize one another's 2007 Christmas boxoffice. The perceived threat to its family audience during the frame was enough to make Disney blink. (Sheigh Crabtree)
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr..._id=1002503766

Narnia 2: Prince Capian moving ahead
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...prince+caspian

•   
    • Minion

Re: 'Prince Caspian' moves from 12/07 to summer 2008 - The Hollywood Reporter 5/17/06

I was thinking about this film today...

I think they waited too long to film it... these kids two years later are not going to look the same...
    Check out my other blog:

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: 'Prince Caspian' moves from 12/07 to summer 2008 - The Hollywood Reporter 5/17/06

I don't think this is a good idea. Fantasy movies tend to do better during the holiday season then in the summer. It's ashame because 2007 could have been the ultimate Disney year (Meet the Robinsons in March, Pirates 3 in May, Ratatouille in June, Underdog in August, Enchanted in November & Narnia 2 in December). I also think that this huge 2.5 year gap between the 2 movies is not only going to hurt Narnia 2, but also the other sequels. I do hope Disney knows what they are doing though.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Popplewell Gives Narnia Sequel Update

July 7, 2006

BANG Showbiz senior editor Simon Thompson tells ComingSoon.net that he talked to Anna Popplewell at the premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest in London earlier this week and she gave a quick update on The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian in which she reprises her role as Susan Pevensie.

"I am usually the last to know about these things but I know the producers are scouting for locations at the moment," Popplewell said.

"I've been told we should be starting shooting at the beginning of next year. As far as the children go, I think all the old faces will be back. We're all keen to do 'Caspian' anyway."

She also wants to try and get a namecheck for her hometown London 'burb - Finchley - in the film after managing to squeeze it in the first time around.

Anna revealed: "I really want to, I really do. I was so pleased to get it in and was over the moon when it made the final cut."

Disney is targeting a summer 2008 release for the "Narnia" sequel.

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15280
    Last edited by ALIASd; 08-10-2006 at 10:19 PM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Prince Caspian Starts Filming in January
    Source: The Hollywood Reporter
    August 11, 2006

While "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" was shot in New Zealand, the second installment, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, will likely shoot in the forests of Europe this coming January, producer Mark Johnson told The Hollywood Reporter. Disney is targeting a summer 2008 release and Andrew Adamson again co-writes and directs.

The trade adds that Adamson and Johnson will reteam to produce the third film, "Voyage of the Dawn Treader," a year after finishing "Prince Caspian."

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15971
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    I was thinking about this film today...

I think they waited too long to film it... these kids two years later are not going to look the same...
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I posted in another thread that one of the keys to the "Harry Potter" franchise is that WB has smartly kept the production schedule on the films stacked so that the kids don't age too quickly. Disney has kinda lost sight of that. A Holiday 2007 release would have been nice, but they don't have time for that now anyway, they've waited to long to start production. Summer 2008 is really the best they can do.

If they were smart, they would try to have "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" ready by Christmas 2009. The two older kids aren't in that story but the two younger ones still are.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter