Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• The Concierge

I think based on events versus based on a true story is a difference in significance. Events means some measure of something that happened is included where based on a true story is more conclusive to a complete scenerio of events.

I guess..
    Ric
    Director, Concierge Services
    HOLLYWOOD TOWER HOTEL
    established 1939

and featuring
    TIP TOP CLUB

on the top floor

• Minion

As far as this "based on a true story" business goes, know that "Amityville" is perhaps the least factual movie ever based on fact. Yes, six members of the DeFeo family were murdered in their Long Island home and, yes, the Lutz family did occupy the residence afterwards, but the rest is firmly established bunk.

A more progressive, post-modern "Amityville" might have shown us how opportunists used the DeFeo tragedy to spawn a nice little cottage industry

(the Lutzes' account was first adapted into a best-selling novel by Jay Anson). Do you think Al is a relative?

• Waiting for the stork

I went to see it last night.

and it....how to put this?
    It scared the crap out of most of the pople in the theater (Based on the comments I heard in the ladies room directly after the movie)
    It left me disapointed.
    If I had been unfamiliar with the story ( not read the book, back story, researched to find the fact and fiction of the house....)
    I would have enjoyed it more. In mycase it turned out not to be able to live up to my expecttions.

now don't get me wrong it had a few really good jump moments, the effects were actualy pretty good (very reminicent of the Ring type of effects.)
    The writers/ directors took some artistic license to elaborate on parts.

again I think if I did not have so much background I would have enjoyed it more...everyone else in the theater seemed to really enloy it. (one girl said it was the scariest thing she had ever seen)

anyway...I can't wait to hear your reviews/opinions
    I deliberatly left this vague so as not to ruin anything for anyone that has not seen it yet. but once more of you have seen it I would love to discect this movie.....

I have a lot to grumble about...and compliment...but I really don't want to ruin it for anyone...so I'll wait for you guys to see it.
    procrastibating

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    I have to admit I still want to see it! :o Like you I've read about the whole shebang though so I'm sure I"ll be disappointed there too. It's the fact that you said there were some good jump moments that got me though I LOVE those jump moments, I admit it, I'm a sucker for them.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Born is Sin Come Right In

Tink
    Watched The Excorcist when you were ten? Goodness I watched it when i was 18 and it scared the Wizzo's Outta Me! You Must of been one tough kid.
    Signature is Pending review

• Why do you keep talking?

Aww i saw it last night and i loved it!! not only is Ryan Reynolds really hot, but the movie gave a really good creepy feeling to it. I have to admit that I havn't seen the original either, nor do I know much of the actual story, I might start doing some research though.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Official MC Thread Killer

I saw it this weekend. I have NEVER been so scared in a movie before. My sister, cousin, and I were screaming uncontrollably SO much. And trust me, we have tolerance for horror movies (The Exorcist (the Beginning and the original), Candyman, Rings 1 and 2,The Grudge just to name a few), but we were SCARED to death with this one. I might not even watch it again But congrats to the directors, they did a good job scaring everyone in the theater...
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123