Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Waiting for the stork

Amityville Horror (remake)

next Friday (4-15) the remake of the Amittyville horror comes out, I just watched a preview for it and it looks really good.....

my delema (sp?)
    I love horror movies (ranks right up there next to my Disney passion/obsession) I have seen just about everything that has ever been released (yeah I'm a dork) few, very few have ever scared me

I watched the Excorsist at 10 years old...did not scare me (however the re-release 5 years ago scared the crap out of me, one scene only, Stupid stairs!!!!)

the only movie that ever scared me, REALLY SCARED ME was the Amityville Horror I saw that in 3rd grade at a slumber party (8 Years old!!!!)
    the problem was out my bedroom window there was a house with the same attic windows and fireplace chiminy as in the movie.....no kid should watch that and then have to see that every night. It's just wrong.....

anyway so the re-make is coming out on friday same scary story New 2005 horror movie effects...
    I am dying to see this...but know I will not sleep that night....

so should I go...(yeah, I'll go)

Is anyone else going to see it?
    Is anyone else as obsessed with horror movies as I am?
    or am I alone in this odd obsession?
    procrastibating

• Greetings, Program!

Call me a movie snob, but I was liking the trailer until I saw the name "Michael Bay" on it.

Then a sense of suckworthiness came over my opinion about the movie. Sorry, but there are some people in Hollywood that just shouldn't be producing/directing flicks.

I'll see it for free, I suppose.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Waiting for the stork

you changed your avitar.....hmmm interesting........
    procrastibating

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    you changed your avitar.....hmmm interesting........
    :devil:
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

•   
    • Minion

For the record I do not like remakes, particularly of horror films... Psycho was remade, as a shot for shot copy, and it wasn't as good at the original...

I think the thing I have to ask is why?

Horror films usually are about socio-political fears... It is interesting that a producer chose to direct a remake of this film and release it now... I am sceptical of it's worth... and it is dimension is it not? So I am assuming this will be released by Buena Vista?
    Check out my other blog:

• Rainicorn.

I've never seen the Amnityville Horror. I'm glad, too. I'm scared enough of the TV because of the Ring and if I watch that I'll be scared to death of my new apartment (I'm moving into a new place, lol).
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Waiting for the stork

not sure of the production company, I will have to look that up.
    I too do not generaly like remakes (I agree Psyco remake stunk badly)
    but this one has me very intrigued (sp?) only because the original is the only movie to ever scare me and I expect this one to be either scarier because of new effects (doubt it), or really lame because of the new effects (much more likely).
    I think that some of the brilliance of the old movies was the lack of effects letting your imagination run....much scarier.
    procrastibating

Why remake it? It's called money. I rented the Grudge recently and after it was over Amityville Horror was the first movie that came to mind.

I like good movies, good horror movies included. Seeing scary movies when you're in the 3rd grade is jacked up. Thinking back, I was pretty young, maybe 3rd gradish when Nightmare on Elmstreet came out and I remember seeing it. I was about the same age when my older cousin rented the Shining and that movie stuck with me for a while. Scary movies are fun...

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    I think that some of the brilliance of the old movies was the lack of effects letting your imagination run....much scarier.
    I completely agree with this! We watched Salem's Lot(Disguy probably just shivered)last summer for the first time in yearsssssss and at first we laughing at the sheer campiness of it, after awhile all the laughter stopped
    Salem's Lot
    Amityville Horror(the original)
    Halloween(original)
    are my favorite all time horror movies. Altough, the Exorcist still gives me the shivers big time! Damn spider walk

I admit I'm curious about this one though, my it's just my love for Ryan Renyolds who knows!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station
    Ahhhhhhh......quiet serene Amityville........hee-hee :devil:

I to am I huge Horror fan (Micheal Myers is my hero), I am so looking forward to this remake! The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was good, so I think this will be similar. If you are a fan of the original, then you will definatly enjoy the remake. I can't wait to see the special effects that the do with my favorite seen of the whole movie..........

Jody went out the window!!!!!!!!! HEEEEEEE-HEEEE go Jody! :devil:
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

I saw the Exorcist when I was 5 and the Omen when I was 8. My mom took me if you can believe it. And she wonders why I have a twisted sense of humor! Read my first Stephen King novel, Cujo, by the time I was 9 and have yet to have enough horror stories & movies in my life!

But I saw that preview too and a remake just doesn't look all that interesting to me. I'd rather see Sin City again!

If you want to see a good horror film, forget Amityville.

Rent "Shutter". It's a awesome horror flick from Thailand. It's one of the best I have seen since Ringu. We were screaming through the whole thing, a must see in the dark. I promise you will NOT be disapointed!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Oh my gosh, I can not handle horror movies! They scare the begeesus out of me. When Bravo was doing the top 100 scariest movie moments, at about moment #70, the moments started getting too scary and I had to turn it off!

My bro-in-law and his fam came up for the weekend a few weeks ago and they rented Saw, I knew in the first 5 minutes that it as too much for me, so I went to bed, but I could still hear it in the other room and I was so freaked out that I went and sat on the couch with my husband and my laptop and chatted on MiceChat, doing my best to ignore it and it was still super scary.

I know, you scary movie freaks will laugh at me, but I am a serious scary movie wimp!
    In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. -Michael Jackson

• Original Mice-Chatter

I LOVE scary movies! Let me know if it's any good- I usually rent them, more fun home alone in the dark!

• o Tom o

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    Call me a movie snob, but I was liking the trailer until I saw the name "Michael Bay" on it.

Then a sense of suckworthiness came over my opinion about the movie. Sorry, but there are some people in Hollywood that just shouldn't be producing/directing flicks.

I'll see it for free, I suppose.
    You got remember this is Michael Bay money not a Michael Bay production. I was working for Dimension when he made the deal with his newly developed horror division to split the cost of production between Dimension and the struggling MGM who had just made a fortune of of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

The first project preposed was an Amityville Horror (remake) I read article after article and script after script, until it was narrowed down. In the end the project was developed but with a very strange twist- this film isn't a remake in the truest sense...its something else and I won't give it away.

Trust me when I say this is one f---ed up story. Unlike most horror films this has more basis in reality than almost any other. There is a Amityville home in the United States, where a man shot and killed his family because he was being driven mad and he blammed it on spirits that had been on that land before him and before them. Then in the 60's, prior to the first films, there was a repeat incident and the occupants suffered the same fate. All of this is truth, which is why it became the perfect basis for one of the best stories to date. I am a bit of a horror buff but after doing the research and knowing what I know now...I am very uncertain if I could watch this or the originals knowing how real they were.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast