• Brother Bear

3 12.00%
  • Home on the Range

2 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Favorite Most Recent Disney Animated Movie

Now that Disney has unfortunately canned it's traditional animation studio, with the CGI Chicken Little coming up next, from this list of most recent "REAL" Disney releases, choose your favorite(s). You can choose more than one.

I am really amazed looking back, at the number and variety of truely wonderful movies that have come from traditional Disney Animation well after the 2nd Golden Age began.

Have fun discussing the movies you choose.

• Que que no-tu-rah.

It's an easy pick for me. All of these movies are flawed (most of them seriously so), but Lilo & Stitch is the least flawed of the bunch.

The variety of stories is refreshing, if only their execution could have been more passionate.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    I am really amazed looking back, at the number and variety of truely wonderful movies that have come from traditional Disney Animation well after the 2nd Golden Age began.
    I forgot to mention this in another thread on 2D Animation and its departure from Disney Studios, but couldn't agree with you more. Although the story and finished films weren't huge hits like the "classics" I was always impressed and amazed at the difference in design, stylization, and tone of many of these films on the poll. Each one has its own style and only a few years will tell if they survive the test of time and become truly appreciated more by future generations than they were during their original release.

For your consideration I give you:

Fantasia

Alice In Wonderland

Sleeping Beauty

The Black Cauldron

• Brown Derby Caricatures

Shucks... I didn't realize until I'd already voted that you could choose more than one. In that case, I'd have added Lilo and Stitch and Tarzan to Atlantis: The Lost Empire. (Yes, I'm the one that voted for A:TLE)
    "Oh, now there's a surprise! I could have a heart attack and die from not surprised!"
    -Iago, Aladdin

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

I voted for four films here.. "Lilo and Stitch" and "Mulan" have the best stories and great animation. They have a bit of a different Disney feel to them, and the fact that they came from Feature Animation Florida may be why.

I also voted for "Fantasia 2000", which as a whole is extremely hit and miss, but I think that the "Rhapsody in Blue" segment is one of the most wonderful things to come out from the animation division PERIOD. Simply stunning.

Also, voted for "Treasure Planet". I was not looking forward to this movie when it was released, and in fact, would have skipped it altogether had my partner at the time insisted on going. We made a compromise though which was if I was going to see it, I had to see the IMAX version, so we did. I was blown away by this movie, and not because it was on a screen six stories tall (well, that helped), but was surprised that this movie was a good departure in some ways from the standard Disney formula, the story was well told, and the animation was an exquisite blend of tradional and CG.