• Rainicorn.

San Diego Comic Convention!

Anyone going this year?

I'm mostly going to see the costumes, to buy the issues I don't have of Astonishing X-Men written by Josh Whedon, get Penny Arcade swag and get sketches!

If you're going, post why. I'm interested in what everyone is going for this year!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Que que no-tu-rah.

I'll be there. Lst year was my first time to go and man was it an experience! So many people and cool collectables. I'm really excited to go but a bit worried that since there is no Lord of the Rings or Star Wars announcements to look forward to this year that it won't live up to the excitement of last year.

Why am I going? Well mainly just to hang with friends and drool over all the cool stuff that I'd love to buy. I haven't been keeping up with the planned pannels and presentations but I'm sure there will be many I will enjoy.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• șoș Tom șoș

Its a comic convention right? So why is it filled to the brim with anime, movies and video games. That said I go for the movie panels and wait in line and get in and never leave but last year was such a nightmare that I seriously doubt I will go. The comic con numbers have doubled in recent years with very little extra support staff and benifit! After 5 years of going I think I am gonna take the year off, try some of the smaller conventions this year. -T

• Reaver of Souls

That depends, will Claudia Black be there again this year? :devil:
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Ignored & in the shadows

One of these years I will go, I usually attend Dragoncon religiously.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~
    September '94 - WDW (MK, Epcot)
    '95 - Disneyland
    September '00 - (MK, SeaWorld, Wet n Wild) WDW Off site
    Halloween '02 - (MK, Epcot, AK, MGM) WDW Off site
    May '04 - (MGM) WDW - All Star Music

[countdown=&day=22&month=5&year=2005&hour=3&min=30& sec=55]
    Countdown to Birthday with Da Mouse!
    Doin' Disney - Dementia style! [/countdown]

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Poocha Chubugga Oom Chickee! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Its a comic convention right? So why is it filled to the brim with anime, movies and video games. That said I go for the movie panels and wait in line and get in and never leave but last year was such a nightmare that I seriously doubt I will go. The comic con numbers have doubled in recent years with very little extra support staff and benifit! After 5 years of going I think I am gonna take the year off, try some of the smaller conventions this year. -T
    Cause a lot of comic people are all around nerds that are into movies and video games; it's sort of an all encompassing market. And manga is more prevalent than ever, I suppose.

I'm actually there for the comics and merchandise more than anything. There are way more comics related things than movies, it's just that the movies and such have bigger booths and more bling to spend on attracting people to their booths.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

I'll be ther this year. I've been going since '97, and last years was the first time I went everyday. I even dressed up as Indiana Jones on Saturday! Man, was I hot! Since it's really the only convention I go to all, year, I'm there for pretty much anything that catches my interest.
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

I'll be there. I've been going for over 12 years. Little Biz, Little Pleasure.