Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Super saucy pixie!

The Walt Disney Treasures

I'm a huge fan of The Walt Disney Treasures and have all that have been released thus far. Does anyone know which are to be included in the next wave?! It will give me something to look forward to! Thanks in advance!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Tink, I did a little looking and found this old thread Walt Disney Treasures

It sounds like we have to wait until December 6th. I also have all that have been released thus far. I'll be curious as to what the details will be for "Disney Rarities" and "Legendary Heros".

Disney Rarities
    Legendary Heroes
    Spin and Marty
    The Chronological Donald Volume 2

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

•   
    • Minion

Well, for the record, I got the complete goofy hoping it would include the longer shorts... Like the vehicle instructional movie Walt made for student drivers in California... and it wasn't there... Also the Disneyland USA didn't have the "special's" that occured when Space Mountain opened... Ugh...

I would like to see these films released as a treasures package... Along with the 70's Mickey Mouse Club... Thank You, Buena Vista Home Video... Be a pal, will ya?
    Check out my other blog:

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    Well, for the record, I got the complete goofy hoping it would include the longer shorts... Like the vehicle instructional movie Walt made for student drivers in California... and it wasn't there... Also the Disneyland USA didn't have the "special's" that occured when Space Mountain opened... Ugh...
    I would love to see those as well, could those possibly be included in the Disney Rarities? Personally I'd love to see more of old Disneyland specials inside the park.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

• My laughing place

some other good idea's:

Jimminy Cricket-"Im no fool" series
    Any of the movies that were on "The Wonderful World of Color"

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by AndersDMB
    Tink, I did a little looking and found this old thread Walt Disney Treasures

It sounds like we have to wait until December 6th. I also have all that have been released thus far. I'll be curious as to what the details will be for "Disney Rarities" and "Legendary Heros".

Disney Rarities
    Legendary Heroes
    Spin and Marty
    The Chronological Donald Volume 2
    Oh right on! Thanks so much for the info! I'm assuming Legendary Heros will include such things as Paul Bunyan?? That was cute. But god, I want more Disneyland ones! And Zorro! Suuuch a cutie.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I think there is a ton of untapped potential in Disney releasing all of the old programing, though, the method of how they release the animated features and then put them back in the vault it all makes us want it even more. I do think a "Vault Disney" channel would be very popular (there are numerous threads on the topic already). They could have Zorro, the old Mickey Mouse Club, the original Disneyland program, The Wonderful World of Color, or some of my favorites as kid, Dumbo's Circus and Mousterpiece Theater. If ESPN Classic can be sucessful, when it shows old sporting events and people know what happens, one has to assume Vault Disney would be too.

When the Disney Treasures series first started I thought it would be a one or two wave thing, so I'm just excited that it's a format that caught on and we get to continue to enjoy.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

• Where's my other cent?

I just wanted to point something out. For the record, I, too, would love to see some of that stuff from the 70's. But the collection is called the Walt Disney treasures, and since Walt died in '66, those don't really fit in with the series. But I agree, those woudl be cool to see and should be released somehow.

Was there ever any shows highlighting Epcot?

I would love to see a DVD set of all Epcot shows.

-Gostone

• Where's my other cent?

EPCOT as it is or as it was meant to be? The Tomorrowland DVD set includes Walt's presentation of his dream for Epcot, and it is much different than what was built.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by zach1
    I just wanted to point something out. For the record, I, too, would love to see some of that stuff from the 70's. But the collection is called the Walt Disney treasures, and since Walt died in '66, those don't really fit in with the series. But I agree, those woudl be cool to see and should be released somehow.
    I agree with you that I don't think they will be a part of the Walt Disney Treasures collection, just that it'd be nice if they created a collection of post-Walt treasures as well.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS01
    some other good idea's:

Jimminy Cricket-"Im no fool" series
    Any of the movies that were on "The Wonderful World of Color"
    Or the Complete Ludvig Von Drake...
    Check out my other blog:

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gostone
    Was there ever any shows highlighting Epcot?

I would love to see a DVD set of all Epcot shows.

-Gostone
    Epcot Magazine - but I don't know if I would make that a treasure...
    Check out my other blog:

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by AndersDMB
    I think there is a ton of untapped potential in Disney releasing all of the old programing, though, the method of how they release the animated features and then put them back in the vault it all makes us want it even more. I do think a "Vault Disney" channel would be very popular (there are numerous threads on the topic already). They could have Zorro, the old Mickey Mouse Club, the original Disneyland program, The Wonderful World of Color, or some of my favorites as kid, Dumbo's Circus and Mousterpiece Theater. If ESPN Classic can be sucessful, when it shows old sporting events and people know what happens, one has to assume Vault Disney would be too.

When the Disney Treasures series first started I thought it would be a one or two wave thing, so I'm just excited that it's a format that caught on and we get to continue to enjoy.
    I've mentioned this idea before! I think it would be the greatest thing to do! But I'm not holding my breath... but perhaps I'll cross my fingers!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell
    I've mentioned this idea before! I think it would be the greatest thing to do! But I'm not holding my breath... but perhaps I'll cross my fingers!
    I won't hold my breath either, but I'll happily cross my fingers

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast