Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1

    • Super saucy pixie!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    841

    The Walt Disney Treasures

    I'm a huge fan of The Walt Disney Treasures and have all that have been released thus far. Does anyone know which are to be included in the next wave?! It will give me something to look forward to! Thanks in advance!

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    bringing it back
    Posts
    4,177
    Tink, I did a little looking and found this old thread Walt Disney Treasures

    It sounds like we have to wait until December 6th. I also have all that have been released thus far. I'll be curious as to what the details will be for "Disney Rarities" and "Legendary Heros".

    Disney Rarities
    Legendary Heroes
    Spin and Marty
    The Chronological Donald Volume 2

    ErikAnders.smugmug.com

    Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ


    1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

  3. #3

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a 3D movie theater
    Posts
    4,834
    Well, for the record, I got the complete goofy hoping it would include the longer shorts... Like the vehicle instructional movie Walt made for student drivers in California... and it wasn't there... Also the Disneyland USA didn't have the "special's" that occured when Space Mountain opened... Ugh...

    I would like to see these films released as a treasures package... Along with the 70's Mickey Mouse Club... Thank You, Buena Vista Home Video... Be a pal, will ya?
    Check out my other blog:

  4. #4

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    bringing it back
    Posts
    4,177
    Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    Well, for the record, I got the complete goofy hoping it would include the longer shorts... Like the vehicle instructional movie Walt made for student drivers in California... and it wasn't there... Also the Disneyland USA didn't have the "special's" that occured when Space Mountain opened... Ugh...
    I would love to see those as well, could those possibly be included in the Disney Rarities? Personally I'd love to see more of old Disneyland specials inside the park.

    ErikAnders.smugmug.com

    Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ


    1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

  5. #5

    • My laughing place
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pretty close to Disneyland
    Posts
    789
    some other good idea's:

    Jimminy Cricket-"Im no fool" series
    Any of the movies that were on "The Wonderful World of Color"

  6. #6

    • Super saucy pixie!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersDMB
    Tink, I did a little looking and found this old thread Walt Disney Treasures

    It sounds like we have to wait until December 6th. I also have all that have been released thus far. I'll be curious as to what the details will be for "Disney Rarities" and "Legendary Heros".

    Disney Rarities
    Legendary Heroes
    Spin and Marty
    The Chronological Donald Volume 2
    Oh right on! Thanks so much for the info! I'm assuming Legendary Heros will include such things as Paul Bunyan?? That was cute. But god, I want more Disneyland ones! And Zorro! Suuuch a cutie.

  7. #7

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    bringing it back
    Posts
    4,177
    I think there is a ton of untapped potential in Disney releasing all of the old programing, though, the method of how they release the animated features and then put them back in the vault it all makes us want it even more. I do think a "Vault Disney" channel would be very popular (there are numerous threads on the topic already). They could have Zorro, the old Mickey Mouse Club, the original Disneyland program, The Wonderful World of Color, or some of my favorites as kid, Dumbo's Circus and Mousterpiece Theater. If ESPN Classic can be sucessful, when it shows old sporting events and people know what happens, one has to assume Vault Disney would be too.

    When the Disney Treasures series first started I thought it would be a one or two wave thing, so I'm just excited that it's a format that caught on and we get to continue to enjoy.

    ErikAnders.smugmug.com

    Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ


    1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

  8. #8

    • Where's my other cent?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    178
    I just wanted to point something out. For the record, I, too, would love to see some of that stuff from the 70's. But the collection is called the Walt Disney treasures, and since Walt died in '66, those don't really fit in with the series. But I agree, those woudl be cool to see and should be released somehow.

  9. #9

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    27
    Was there ever any shows highlighting Epcot?

    I would love to see a DVD set of all Epcot shows.

    -Gostone

  10. #10

    • Where's my other cent?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    178
    EPCOT as it is or as it was meant to be? The Tomorrowland DVD set includes Walt's presentation of his dream for Epcot, and it is much different than what was built.

  11. #11

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    bringing it back
    Posts
    4,177
    Quote Originally Posted by zach1
    I just wanted to point something out. For the record, I, too, would love to see some of that stuff from the 70's. But the collection is called the Walt Disney treasures, and since Walt died in '66, those don't really fit in with the series. But I agree, those woudl be cool to see and should be released somehow.
    I agree with you that I don't think they will be a part of the Walt Disney Treasures collection, just that it'd be nice if they created a collection of post-Walt treasures as well.

    ErikAnders.smugmug.com

    Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ


    1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

  12. #12

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a 3D movie theater
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS01
    some other good idea's:

    Jimminy Cricket-"Im no fool" series
    Any of the movies that were on "The Wonderful World of Color"
    Or the Complete Ludvig Von Drake...
    Check out my other blog:

  13. #13

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a 3D movie theater
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Gostone
    Was there ever any shows highlighting Epcot?

    I would love to see a DVD set of all Epcot shows.

    -Gostone
    Epcot Magazine - but I don't know if I would make that a treasure...
    Check out my other blog:

  14. #14

    • Super saucy pixie!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersDMB
    I think there is a ton of untapped potential in Disney releasing all of the old programing, though, the method of how they release the animated features and then put them back in the vault it all makes us want it even more. I do think a "Vault Disney" channel would be very popular (there are numerous threads on the topic already). They could have Zorro, the old Mickey Mouse Club, the original Disneyland program, The Wonderful World of Color, or some of my favorites as kid, Dumbo's Circus and Mousterpiece Theater. If ESPN Classic can be sucessful, when it shows old sporting events and people know what happens, one has to assume Vault Disney would be too.

    When the Disney Treasures series first started I thought it would be a one or two wave thing, so I'm just excited that it's a format that caught on and we get to continue to enjoy.
    I've mentioned this idea before! I think it would be the greatest thing to do! But I'm not holding my breath... but perhaps I'll cross my fingers!

  15. #15

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    bringing it back
    Posts
    4,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell
    I've mentioned this idea before! I think it would be the greatest thing to do! But I'm not holding my breath... but perhaps I'll cross my fingers!
    I won't hold my breath either, but I'll happily cross my fingers

    ErikAnders.smugmug.com

    Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ


    1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Looking For Walt Disney Treasures
    By AlexValve in forum Merchandise Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 09:21 AM
  2. Walt Disney Treasures
    By ALIASd in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 01:05 PM
  3. Walt Disney Treasures
    By DisneyTreasures27 in forum Merchandise Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 09:55 AM
  4. Walt Disney Treasures
    By Hayley B in forum Disney Collectables
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 02:48 PM
  5. Last day to win Walt Disney Treasures DVD
    By TheDisneyInquisitor in forum Community Outpost
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2006, 07:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •