Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

I feel as if I jinxed it as I had wondered a couple of months ago if it was still around.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Any explanation on why? They still promote Disney Adventures at the supermarket but they can't afford to promote Disney Maganzine?
    May I take a crack at this and suggest that maybe that is because some of the "powers in charge" feel Disney is for kids?? But who knows...maybe Disney Adventures does reek in profit to some degree to justify it.

• Lord of the Ribs

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Mitchell
    I know you didn't mention the publiucation by name, but I think it was pretty clear who you were talking about.
    Actually, I didn't know he was speaking about LaughingPlace until you mentioned them by name. Thanks.

I have no clue how the magazine is performing, but a look at Alexa numbers show that the website has suffered in the traffic department due to the editors new focus on the magazine.
    So, by looking at the Alexa stats you can deduce that the magazine is the reason why the web numbers are down?

I could keep witing about this, but maybe I should just shut my mouth and save it all for a column. But, I think this is a very interesting topic that should be discussed more often.
    I don't know. More people might read it if you discuss it here.

As for Disney Magazine, it stopped being interesting a decade ago and there are other avenues for advertisement. I can see why they'd shut it down.

Eat meat. Your daddy sez it's good for ya.

A lot of folks at Disney now believe the company's only for kids ...as to The Disney Magazine, Jim Hill wrote today that some execs with the company are very unhappy with the shutdown because they believe the magazine is a great marketing tool (for everything from new attractions in the parks to new consumer products to movie and TV offerings). I can believe that.

Also, noticed that my pal over at LP.com has 'announced' that DL is going to be selling his publication beginning with the next issue. I have no idea if this is a coincidence or not. DL for years has sold pubs like the Tomart Disneyana Mag and The E-Ticket, so there is precendence for this. WDW, OTOH, has never sold those publications in its parks.

• Inappropriate

Gah!!!! A couple weeks ago i went online and got myself a subscription! I haven't gotten an issue yet and i'm starting to think the only one i will get will be the last Summer issue! Where did my money go?? They better send the rest of my money with my one stinkin' issue.

I love the Disney Magazine please don't go!!

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Funnier than you.

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy
    So, by looking at the Alexa stats you can deduce that the magazine is the reason why the web numbers are down?
    the drop in their numbers do coincide with the announcement and refocusing of their attention on the magazine. Could it be a coincidence? Yes. That was just my analysis of the stats.

I don't know. More people might read it if you discuss it here.
    These are the kind of snide comments that make visiting bulletin boards an unpleasant experience. I would hope that in the future you would lift your level of civility towards others.
    However, for the record. Knowing the number of views that this thread gets and the number of hits my articles recieve on JHM, I have no doubt that an article on JHM would reach a larger audience. This is not a slam against MiceAge. I enjoy these boards and will continue to despite the ocassional rudeness of others.
    That Guy!

• Banned User

Disney Magazine has been sucking for about ten years now. In order to make it good again it would need a total revamp including previews of future attrations and movies and real inside scoops.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Aside from Wired, Disney Mag was the only one that I would sit down and read all the way through when it arrived. Of course, it was pretty thin in content and not very objective.

I hadn't heard anything about an LP mag. It does sort of make their agenda clear. How can they provide you an honest view of Disney if Disney is going to sell it in the parks? Wouldn't they be inclined not to show you pictures of run down attractions and trash at WDW if they were afraid of loosing the Disney sales revenue?

E-Ticket Mag works because it is just an archive of attractions and interviews with imagineers. But a topical Disney Mag should be . . . well . . . topical, shouldn't it?

This is all so strange.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Santa Barbara, CA

I won't misss it. I did love Dinsey News when i was a kid as it was park related, but I think the Disney Mag had really become too fluffy and not that informative. I'd rather see the MiceAge magazine. THAT I would subscribe to and read.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    I won't misss it. I did love Dinsey News when i was a kid as it was park related, but I think the Disney Mag had really become too fluffy and not that informative. I'd rather see the MiceAge magazine. THAT I would subscribe to and read.
    Yes! Definately a MiceAge magazine! Now that would be something! But i think its better if its online because updates would come quicker and it wouldn't take loads of time to get out....but the idea is nice though!

• Lord of the Ribs

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Aside from Wired, Disney Mag was the only one that I would sit down and read all the way through when it arrived. Of course, it was pretty thin in content and not very objective.

I hadn't heard anything about an LP mag. It does sort of make their agenda clear. How can they provide you an honest view of Disney if Disney is going to sell it in the parks? Wouldn't they be inclined not to show you pictures of run down attractions and trash at WDW if they were afraid of loosing the Disney sales revenue?

E-Ticket Mag works because it is just an archive of attractions and interviews with imagineers. But a topical Disney Mag should be . . . well . . . topical, shouldn't it?

This is all so strange.

-Dusty
    LaughingPlace has never liked to include any negative information, regardless of whether or not it's "honest". And really, why should focusing on only the good be considered dishonest? I personally don't see anything wrong with LP's pollyanish view given it's desire to feed off of a brand like Disney. It's clear that the people who run LP love Disney and they want to maintain a positive message. I imagine that's why they call it the Laughing Place.

At the same time, there's nothing wrong with Miceage. I like the somewhat cynical viewpoint and the fact that I get both positive and negative, and I like hearing the breaking rumors that may or may not happen exactly as they're exposed.

I also like that Al doesn't try and be something he's not: a "media" outlet that packages all sort of unrelated topics by unknowns in a single hodgepodge site. LP and Miceage may be niche, but at least they're focused.

Eat meat. Your daddy sez it's good for ya.

• Funnier than you.

I also like that Al doesn't try and be something he's not: a "media" outlet that packages all sort of unrelated topics by unknowns in a single hodgepodge site. LP and Miceage may be niche, but at least they're focused.
    What site are you talking about?
    That Guy!

• Funnier than you.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyEnchanted
    Yes! Definately a MiceAge magazine! Now that would be something! But i think its better if its online because updates would come quicker and it wouldn't take loads of time to get out....but the idea is nice though!
    I think that this is the interesting thing about the "Tales from the Laughing Place" magazine. In an age where our news is being delivered to us instantly, they have chosen to move towards a medium that delivers news slowly.
    However, perhaps the topics they are choosing to cover are less "time sensitive", much in the way that "The E- Ticket" is a historical magazine.
    I breifly browsed through the first issue at Jim's plce a couple months back and enjoyed some of the beautiful photography. Yet the coverage of such events as the opening of DCA's Tower of Terror just seemed old news at the time.
    That Guy!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    But Disney is cutting back on giving media credentials to "internet" sites, but still gives them out to print reporters....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Funnier than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    But Disney is cutting back on giving media credentials to "internet" sites, but still gives them out to print reporters....

Dark Beer,
    From your experience. What are the benefits of the press passes.
    Aside from the schmoozing and free booze.
    That Guy!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast