Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Happy Memories

Donny Osmond as Gaston

I posted this in the Broadway club, but Dusty suggested the general MC community might find it interesting, so here ya go:

Donny Osmond is set to play Gaston on Broadway: http://www.broadway.com/gen/Buzz_Story.aspx?ci=529732

Seems an odd choice to me, but I'm sure his name will fill a few seats. I have to admit that his voice is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me.

• My cuties!

Re: Donny Osmond as Gaston

Donny Osmond was my first crush! I think he'll do great!

• white and nerdy

Donny Osmond was a fantastic Joseph. Don't worry, that boy can sing and act. And as a pretty boy villan he will do great.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Super saucy pixie!

Yeah, I could see him full of himself as Gaston is. He's not quite as muscular as I would picture the role to require, but I think he could pull it off well!

• Senior Minion

I really enjoyed his addtion to "Mulan". I wish that there was a video available to see this show, or see this show closer to the Bay area here in California.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Still lost in Neverland

Donny did do a great job in Joseph, I even have the video tape of that and I love it. But, I just can't see him as Gaston. I saw him and Marie on Larry King the other night, and he still looks too innocent, even though his age is showing more now. I just can't picture him as Gaston. I guess I will have to wait and see pictures or video of him in character to see if he can really pull it off.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Earth Intruder

Haha isn't he just a tad too girly to be Gaston?

Oh well it's no wierder than Rosie O Donnell and Harvey Fierstein in Fiddler on the Roof!
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Banned User

a 48 year old gaston? wow. I know it's hard to belive that little donny osmond is going to be 50 in a couple of years. actually i think i heard him say somewhere that he is either going to be or is a grandfather. WOW

• love my friends

Love DONNY OSMOND.. he did a great job AS JOSHEPH in that play

LOVE THE MAN.. wish I had married him.. lol

Friends for life

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    Donny did do a great job in Joseph, I even have the video tape of that and I love it. But, I just can't see him as Gaston. I saw him and Marie on Larry King the other night, and he still looks too innocent, even though his age is showing more now. I just can't picture him as Gaston. I guess I will have to wait and see pictures or video of him in character to see if he can really pull it off.
    Is it true that Marie was a total whack job during that interview? She was giggling at inappropiate parts and stuff from what I heard on a radio show last week.

I think Donny might be a little too old for Gaston IMO. 48? And Gaston was like what...20 something? And when is he playing Gaston? I heard Jacob Young from All My Children is currently doing both the soap and Beauty and the Beast, playing Lumiere.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    I think Donny might be a little too old for Gaston IMO. 48? And Gaston was like what...20 something? And when is he playing Gaston? I heard Jacob Young from All My Children is currently doing both the soap and Beauty and the Beast, playing Lumiere.
    I'm pretty sure the dates of his run are in the original article I linked at the start of the thread.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    I'm pretty sure the dates of his run are in the original article I linked at the start of the thread.
    Ah...I did not clink on your link. My apologies. I just can't see "entertainment type" links at my work. They're restricted.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Ah...I did not clink on your link. My apologies. I just can't see "entertainment type" links at my work. They're restricted.
    Trust me I understand that problem completely. I don't even understand what most of my restrictions are. They just seem so random sometimes it's ridiculous. At least I have Micechat though!

• Happy Memories

p.s. It's a limited 9 week engagement beginning on September 19 accprding to the article.

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

I have the dvd of Joseph and the Technicolor coat and he was really good. I love that musical. Its playing in July here at the Orange County Performing arts ceter.. I think its at the new hall. Segrestrom i think thats what its called.
    Anyone know when Beauty and the Beast is coming back here?
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast