• Reaver of Souls

Farscape DVD Sets

I just picked up seasons 1 and 2 on DVD the other day, and love the show more now than I did before! It's amazing how fast they settled into being a comfortable show (as far as characterization, chemistry, etc). Some shows (like most trek series) take a couple of seasons, and this cast was spot on 3 episodes in. The DVDs are pretty clean, picture-wise, and have added footage. If you like this show even a little, you NEED to get these DVDs... They're a bit pricey ($99/season) for TV shows, but worth it. Plust you get to listen to the original opening/closing music, which was SO much better that the season 3+ music. Why they changed it, I have no idea...

No real point to this thread, just thought I'd share...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• -Going Retro-

I'm guessing it's not in widescreen format correct?

I didn't start watching the show till Season two but was hooked right after the first episode I watched. However, as much as I love the show I donít think Iíd spend 99.00 a season.

• Reaver of Souls

LOL, no, not widescreen, but since it wasn't filmed that way to begin with, I'll forgive them that...

$99 is pretty steep. I'm hoping they come down sometime soon. Still, I saw SG1 for $160, so Farscape was a deal by comparison, and as much as I enjoy SG1, I'd rather have the Farscape sets. SciFi shows SG1 basically 24 hrs a day!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Where did you find them at that price? I have S-1 on DVD, not a boxed set though. I MUST get the other 3 seasons plus Peacekeeper Wars. I have all of them on video of course, and watch them often.

Everywhere I have looked the price is over $100 before shipping etc....

It's so good to meet other Scapers!

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Where did you find them at that price? I have S-1 on DVD, not a boxed set though. I MUST get the other 3 seasons plus Peacekeeper Wars. I have all of them on video of course, and watch them often.

Everywhere I have looked the price is over $100 before shipping etc....

It's so good to meet other Scapers!
    I bought them at a local store called Fry's (a parter of Outpost.com). They used to only have the individual DVDs, but now have the complete sets. I saw the Peacekeeper Wars there the other day, too...

• /sigh

I absolutely LOVE this show...and I didn't get into it till it's last season. Thanks goodness for Netflix! I did buy the first season on dvd used for about $80. I'm still depating on buying the rest. I'm still bummed they canceled it. Such great character development and witty and facinating writting. Plus, Ben Browder is damn cute in those black leather pants!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Just this guy......

Farscape was one of the best SF show ever put on the air!!!! Right up there with B5. It was an amazingly well written and top notch, cast, crew and effects.

I loved how they keep pushing the edge of what other shows had done. In the last season they really went back to earth (not a dream, not a fake) and dealt with what earth would do if a real collection of aliens landed on earth.