Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• oh bugger

Eisner Takes "Subtle Jab" at Successor Iger

"Michael Eisner will take what today's (Wednesday) New York Post describes as "a subtle jab" at Robert Iger, who succeeded him as CEO of the Walt Disney Co. when the two appear on Eisner's CNBC talk show Thursday night. According to the newspaper, Eisner calls Disney's $7.4-billion acquisition of Pixar Animation "expensive" and a "big bet." He also dismissed widespread reports that he was unable to reach an agreement with Pixar's Steve Jobs because of a strained relationship. It was "quite the opposite," Eisner reportedly says on the show. "I made the original Pixar deal, I made the second Pixar deal. My issue with Steve Jobs was about money."

Almost makes me want to watch his show for once...almost. I'm not sure if any of us believe what Eisner is saying, but it's ok, cause the 5 people who watch his show are all from micechat anyway right?

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Eisner Takes "Subtle Jab" at Successor Iger

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenb52
    He also dismissed widespread reports that he was unable to reach an agreement with Pixar's Steve Jobs because of a strained relationship. It was "quite the opposite," Eisner reportedly says on the show. "I made the original Pixar deal, I made the second Pixar deal. My issue with Steve Jobs was about money."
    And it wasn't about putting out negative buzz about The Incredibles, in order to squeeze more MONEY out of a new Pixar arrangement, Mikey?

"Quite the opposite" means to me that you must have had a very cordial relationship, in which the money details would eventually be compromised and all would be well again. And not whatever we've heard from Jobs. Stuff like, "As long as Eisner is there, I won't negotiate." That doesn't sound very strained at all, right Mikey?
    Maybe it's because you don't know or care how anyone else feels. I'm guessing this is a problem inside you, that only you can resolve, if you choose to.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• I'm your huckleberry.

What a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Banned User

lets look at what eisner is good at. when you don't get what you want you intentionally create a reality of negativity and blame others for your mistakes. Iger has to fix his messes and he can't look like that bad guy in all this. frankly I don't see why Iger would have agreed to do the show in the first place because all mikey is gonna do is try and put Iger in a bad light so he can go to the board and say.. "See just like i said it would happen." believe me he is waiting for roy to die and hope another disney doesn't show up to try and take his place. then he will make a move. thank heavens jobs is now on the board.

• They wanna know, HO!

"[URL="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004894/"][COLOR=#0000ff]He also dismissed widespread reports that he was unable to reach an agreement with Pixar's Steve Jobs because of a strained relationship. It was "quite the opposite," Eisner reportedly says on the show. "I made the original Pixar deal, I made the second Pixar deal. My issue with Steve Jobs was about money."
    BULL****!
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'm not sure if any of us believe what Eisner is saying, but it's ok, cause the 5 people who watch his show are all from micechat anyway right?
    You are probably right
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    Frankly I don't see why Iger would have agreed to do the show in the first place because all mikey is gonna do is try and put Iger in a bad light so he can go to the board and say.. "See just like i said it would happen."
    Maybe he agreed to appear so that everyone can know what a conniving little beeyotch Eisner really is. Iger will take the high road, and Eisner will take the one more familiar to him.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    frankly I don't see why Iger would have agreed to do the show in the first place because all mikey is gonna do is try and put Iger in a bad light so he can go to the board and say.. "See just like i said it would happen." .

Maybe Iger is doing this because, maybe just maybe, him and Esnier might actually have some sort of friendship? I know that comment might be sacreligous to C.O.W., but it could still be a possibility.

• Rock Star Minion

So, I read at a "reputable" site that this episode is not listed. Was it pulled for its frank and mature theming?

• Rock Star Minion

So, I check the CNBC site, and it states that Eisner is on at 9 Eastern.
    http://moneycentral.msn.com/Content/...o/Schedule.asp

He's also on at 7 Eastern on "On The Money" as a guest.
    http://moneycentral.msn.com/Content/.../GuestList.asp

And Jeremy Thomas, producer of "Fast Food Nation," is on Kudlow at 5 Eastern. (I didn't know FFN was a movie or show or something of that nature. I read the book.)

• Boat shoes all day long

Eisner is PUSH. PUSH is Eisner!
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• My prices are INSANE!

Can't he just go away.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Can I take a subtle jab at Eisner?

With a cattle prod?

Repeatedly?
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Eisner calls Disney's $7.4-billion acquisition of Pixar Animation "expensive" and a "big bet."
    Bull . How is this worse than him buying Fox Family and the Power Rangers? He can spend billions on things that hold little return but Iger can't buy something that thus far has proven to be a cash cow?

...and Eisner has a show??

• Banned User

Eisner is a madman. He is like a wannabe Lex Luthor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast