Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Movie Mistakes

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    Funniest mistake I ever saw was a Stormtrooper hitting his head on a door in the original Star Wars.
    Luke jumps out of his X-Wing after destroying the death star and yells "Carrieeeeeeeeeeeeee"!

Dogma- as Ben and Matt discuss religion on a moving walkway in an airport in the opening scene- you can see the camera crew in the reflection of anything shiny on the walls!

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    There is a website (prolly more than one) dedicated to this. I love finding the mistakes in movies I own.

(I also like the ghost stories in movies)

Movie Mistakes

www.imdb.com has a "Goofs" section for just about every movie they have in the database. Hours of entertainment.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    There is a website (prolly more than one) dedicated to this. I love finding the mistakes in movies I own.

(I also like the ghost stories in movies)

Movie Mistakes

Hey Neph? Thanks for that link. I clicked on "Best Mistakes" and the Stormtrooper goof I mentioned was first on the list.

"When the stormtroopers break into the control room, watch very carefully and you will be able to see a storm trooper nearly render himself unconscious by smacking his head off a door frame. This is now so notorious that on the new DVD there's an audible "bump" when he hits it."

I'm gonna have to check that scene again on the DVD when I get home. If that's true that there's foley for it now, I'll lose it.

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    I agree actually. That is why I pointed out the 1956 error.

I normally don't care at all about other mistakes. Actually it's more I don't notice them. I have been to that one website that has scads of them and I am usually amazed at all these people that notice these details that I never can. That's why I was so proud of myself- I think the Jurassic Park error is the first movie error I have ever found on my own!
    You know, technically that might not be a movie error. Since it's a character reciting it off the top of his head, the fact that he gets the date wrong could conceivably just be a mistake on the character's part. He is trying to think up an excuse for his park's collapse, and this ignorance on Hammond's part could highlight that it really is a terrible excuse. That said, it probably is an unintentional mistake.

Funniest mistake I ever saw was a Stormtrooper hitting his head on a door in the original Star Wars.
    I really hate the Lucas referenced this in Episode II. He goes out of his way to reference a mistake from an earlier film in a digitally-created shot! How about spending more time on getting some better acting from your leads than minor things like this?

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Luke jumps out of his X-Wing after destroying the death star and yells "Carrieeeeeeeeeeeeee"!
    I've heard this one before, but every time I see this scene, I just hear Luke yell "Hey!"

Now for an example of my own. If you ever watch the Ron Howard film "Ransom," starring Mel Gibson, the tattoo on the female kidnapper's neck continually moves from the side of her neck to the front, and everywhere in between. Some continuity errors I forgive, but the constant moving around of this thing is laughable.
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by pjdonnell

I've heard this one before, but every time I see this scene, I just hear Luke yell "Hey!"
    Not available in the special editions as far as I know- however in the recently released DVD Lucas did remix the sound effect of the stormtrooper hitting his head on the door- How is that for funny?

• Practically Perfect

This is one of my all time Favorites!!!

• Santa Barbara, CA

Q. Name the big huge mistake on Disney's recent Alamo?

A. They made the movie.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

That seriously makes me chuckle everytime I see it!

I remember the first time I spotted that we rewinded it and watched it over and over again for like 3 minutes straight.

• șoș Tom șoș

Mallrats when Brodie gets kicked in the balls by Gwen---he really got kicked in the balls really hard, because Jeremy London told the actress playing Gwen he had never been kicked in the groin and wanted to know what it felt like...

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    In the cult classic, "Attack of the Killer Tomatos", the helicopter crash was not a special effect. It really did crash almost killing one of the stars.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• /sigh

What about on Indiana Jones, Raiders of the lost ark...when he's down among all the snakes, and falls..and there's the one snake about to strike at him...you can see the glare from the glass partition between indy and the snake.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    What about on Indiana Jones, Raiders of the lost ark...when he's down among all the snakes, and falls..and there's the one snake about to strike at him...you can see the glare from the glass partition between indy and the snake.
    I've heard other people point this out, but after 1000+ viewings, I still dont see it.

• /sigh

I've heard other people point this out, but after 1000+ viewings, I still dont see it.
    I think on the release of the dvd's, they've cleaned it up. Watch it on video, you'll see it quite easily.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12