Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie Mistakes

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Movie Mistakes

Okay, I know there are vast websites that are just for this, but I was watching Jurassic Park last night and heard a huge mistake, IMO, regarding of all things~ Disneyland!

It was when they are in the emergency bunker and Dr. Hammond says, "When Disneyland opened in 1956, nothing worked."

I was like , how could they make such a mistake??

So, have you noticed any movie mistakes recently??
    In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. -Michael Jackson

• o Tom o

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    Okay, I know there are vast websites that are just for this, but I was watching Jurassic Park last night and heard a huge mistake, IMO, regarding of all things~ Disneyland!

It was when they are in the emergency bunker and Dr. Hammond says, "When Disneyland opened in 1956, nothing worked."

I was like , how could they make such a mistake??

So, have you noticed any movie mistakes recently??
    Spielberg is the king of mistakes---all razzle dazzle and no detail. In that same movie there are more continuity errors it makes my head hurt.

Watch the scene where the t-rex escapes. In one shot he runs out and leaves the door open, in the wide shot the door is closed and when it cuts back in the door is open...They can digitally recreate dinosaures but they can't fake a car door?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Yeah, I hadn't watched it in many years, and I was surprised how hoaky (sp?) the whole thing was. I hadn't remembered it that way.

I hate to call a movie about live dinosaurs unrealistic (heh), but it was way overdone.
    In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. -Michael Jackson

• Back home :-(

My dad is the king of finding faults in movies. (Especially if it involves planes) We'll be watching a movie and he'll start laughing "Oh this is ridiculous, that could never happen! Look at that..." and then he'll start to explain what's wrong with the scene. It used to be really annoying, but now I'm so used to it, I find it funny. (Although there have been a couple of times when my Mom tells him to be quiet!)

• Banned User

i hate it when people point out continuity mistakes. Any other mistake is fine, but why don't you try to film something with multiple camera angles and have everything be exactly the same from one shot to the next? It isn't as easy as it looks. Especially since most movies film everything they need from one angle, then move the camera and film everything they need from that angle. Sometimes things on the set or on the actors gets moved slightly between takes. Big deal, get over it people!

That being said, I do like to hear movie mistakes of other types, like when they don't do their research or basically any type of error other than continuity.

• o Tom o

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Disney
    i hate it when people point out continuity mistakes. Any other mistake is fine, but why don't you try to film something with multiple camera angles and have everything be exactly the same from one shot to the next? It isn't as easy as it looks. Especially since most movies film everything they need from one angle, then move the camera and film everything they need from that angle. Sometimes things on the set or on the actors gets moved slightly between takes. Big deal, get over it people!

That being said, I do like to hear movie mistakes of other types, like when they don't do their research or basically any type of error other than continuity.
    I do. Went to school for it, for four years. I make mistakes too.

That said sometimes there are minor continuity errors and sometimes there are glaring mistakes which show carelessness. I don't forgive carelessness so easily.

• Rawr...

My dad is the king of finding faults in movies. (Especially if it involves planes) We'll be watching a movie and he'll start laughing "Oh this is ridiculous, that could never happen! Look at that..." and then he'll start to explain what's wrong with the scene. It used to be really annoying, but now I'm so used to it, I find it funny. (Although there have been a couple of times when my Mom tells him to be quiet!)
    Speaking of dads... mine was a cop for a long time. His favoite movies just happen to be buddy flicks, which are most of the time cop movies. That being said, we always had a blast counting the gunshots to see if they matched up with how many bullets a gun can hold. More recently, movies have started to come out where counting the gunshots is part of the story (see Hollywood Homicide for example). Needless to say, my dad and I have become dissapointed.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Disney

I agree actually. That is why I pointed out the 1956 error.

I normally don't care at all about other mistakes. Actually it's more I don't notice them. I have been to that one website that has scads of them and I am usually amazed at all these people that notice these details that I never can. That's why I was so proud of myself- I think the Jurassic Park error is the first movie error I have ever found on my own!

• Banned User

i totally think it's hilarious that they make mistakes like the 1956 one or others that are REAL mistakes. The people who just sit and point out that a cup changed levels of fullness between shots just bug me though.

• Minion

In the horrible movie "Children of the Corn" you could see the boom operators reflection on one of the cars.
    Last edited by Modern Folly; 04-12-2005 at 11:22 PM.

• Greetings, Program!

Funniest mistake I ever saw was a Stormtrooper hitting his head on a door in the original Star Wars.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Defying Gravity

In Phantom of the opera Christines stockings has vanished when she wakes up in the Phantom bed.
    You say Im a bitch like its a bad thing.

London BABY!!

In "Per. 7" when Minya leaves Morto's house to get gasoline from the garage, Morto should be seen through the house window but is nowhere to be found. Nobody knows what im talking about because they havent seen this movie! my ibook broke for the 3rd time and i cant export my movie! sorry ill go away. im just sorta bored at 1 35 am and avoiding my term paper on the beatles.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by girl anachronism
    In the horrible movie "Children of the Corn" you could see the boom operators reflection on one of the cars.

Was watching the Mystery Science Theatre screening of "Laserblast" and the camera panned by a reflection cast in a gas station window.

Tom Servo: Ladies and Gentlemen, your camera crew!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Original Mice-Chatter

There is a website (prolly more than one) dedicated to this. I love finding the mistakes in movies I own.

(I also like the ghost stories in movies)

Movie Mistakes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast