Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

X-Men 3: The Last Stand - My Review - Spoiler Free!!!

Ok, this one is going to be very short and simple, as to not give anything away for those that haven't seen it yet.

I will say the following though. It was an awesome movie last night. Becka and I went to see the 11:59 showing which had quite a turnout. They filled 3 theaters for it, and I was the first in line, waiting since like 12:30 for it. Had some cool people behind me in line though. The whole majority of the crowd was comic book fans, video gamers, and teens to young adults. Didn't expect any previews with the midnight showing, but yes we got Pirates 2, Superman Returns, and Snakes on A Plane which the crowd went nuts with laughter, especially the guys behind me. C'mon. It's Samual L. Jackson, with snakes on an airplane. Enough said. We all know Sam da Man, so I won't say his line from the movie.

Anyways, the movie was awesome as I said, even though it had a different director. Good if you're a comic book fan or especially if you're an X-Men fan, but be ready for anything. That's all I'll say. With the way it goes, and with what I've seen online, this could be the final installment, but after watching it, who knows. The most important thing is....WAIT FOR THE CREDITS TO END!!! YOU WILL SEE AN UNFORSEEN TWIST THAT WILL LEAVE YOU BREATHLESS!!!

So for my rating, on the Phoenix scale of hotness...... (and no that has nothing to do with X-Men or Jean Grey, its my own wording based on my name. ) with 5 being red hot.....

I give this movie a FULL 5 Flames, 5th degree burn!! A must see!!! Enjoy movie go'ers. This is Phoenix, end of report.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Re: X-Men 3: The Last Stand - My Review - Spoiler Free!!!

The problem I have with this movie is that:

1) Rogue is supposed to be older.
    2) Juggernaut is supposed to be a LOT bigger
    3) Beast and Angel were part of the early x-men. Long before some of the movie x-men were even around.
    4) Pyro never went to Xaviers school. Also Pyro is supposed to be Australian.
    5) Iceman never had a thing with Shadowcat. He's also supposed to be best friends with Beast.
    6)Shadowcat is supposed to have a thing with Wolverine (A mentor relationship) until Jubilee shows up.
    7) Where the hell is Gambit?!?!?! He and Rogue have one of the best love stories of the whole x-men universe.
    8)Rogue is supposed to have a deeper southern drawl and call everyone 'sugah'.
    9) Mystique has 2 kids.... Rogue (her foster daughter) and Nightcrawler.
    10) Icemand is supposed to have brown hair and brown eyes.. why did they cast a blonde with blue eyes?

Ok.. I'll stop now... (getting off his soapbox).. I'm still going to go see it though.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Minion

Sounds a lot like the cartoon, oogie

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie
    The problem I have with this movie is that:

1) Rogue is supposed to be older.
    2) Juggernaut is supposed to be a LOT bigger
    3) Beast and Angel were part of the early x-men. Long before some of the movie x-men were even around.
    4) Pyro never went to Xaviers school. Also Pyro is supposed to be Australian.
    5) Iceman never had a thing with Shadowcat. He's also supposed to be best friends with Beast.
    6)Shadowcat is supposed to have a thing with Wolverine (A mentor relationship) until Jubilee shows up.
    7) Where the hell is Gambit?!?!?! He and Rogue have one of the best love stories of the whole x-men universe.
    8)Rogue is supposed to have a deeper southern drawl and call everyone 'sugah'.
    9) Mystique has 2 kids.... Rogue (her foster daughter) and Nightcrawler.
    10) Icemand is supposed to have brown hair and brown eyes.. why did they cast a blonde with blue eyes?

Ok.. I'll stop now... (getting off his soapbox).. I'm still going to go see it though.

As a comic book geek myself, I can only say one thing, calm down. The x-men is one of the few comics that has been re-imagined for the upteenth time, and it works. I did no think this movie was all that great but that was because it lacked what little substance the first 2 had, and because of the S&M leather brigade that Magneto recruits? Seriously, what is up with Quill Boy, She-male, and the Leather Queen [calypso]?

Anyways, W3: could have been better. Its not great, but its not bad. Its not a great way to "end" the three Wolverine movies.[Wolverine, Wolverine 2: Wolverine United, and W3: The last stand]

I can't wait for an actual X-Men movie.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

No Gambit??!!

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I was reading that even if there was going to be a Gambit (played by Josh Holloway who turned down the role because he thought it was too similar to Sawyer), it would have been a brief cameo.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Well I loved this movie, I'm not a hard core Xmen fan but a few of my friends that came with us were mad because they stated certain things just would NOT happen.

I liked it, I thought it was fabulous! It flowed, it keep you interested and the hours flew by.

I also agree that waiting for the end of the credits is soooo worth it.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Saw it at midnight last night too
    Keeping this spoiler free... cause that'd be bad
    I liked the movie a whole lot and will be seeing it again tomorrow.
    The special effects are cool, the fight scenes are awesome, the characters are great
    But I really don't like what they did with the story line
    I'm getting over it more now
    But I don't like it....
    I may post my spoiler-ish feelings in a second in another thread

• We're number one!

This movie was a "meh' to me. I actually went in with lowered expectations since Bryan Singer was not directing, and even then I was dissapointed. Too many laughable cheesy moments and WTF moments too. I'm not a big comic book fan so I didn't nitpick the film like my boyfriend did but even the fight sequences were a bit boring. Also for the flim only being about 95 minutes long they tried to pack in way to many plot lines and characters and then not really fully deal with any of them. Also the "surprise" after the credits was ruined for me since I figured it out before then.

Oh well, I guess if you go in not wanting anything more than an action movie without a plot you'll be happy. If you're expecting something more or are an avid comic book reader avoid this movie and just save your 9 dollars for SNAKES ON A PLANE!!!!

• Practically Perfect

I was another 11:59er and I absolutely love this movie! I have been to a movie in a looong time where I actually gasped, cheered, and clapped (respectfully so obviously, but the atmosphere is a bit different at a midnight showing anyways...).

I absolutely loved it and that's all I can say.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I have a lot of MAJOR issues with this movie... but for the most part, I can ignore them because somehow it all worked. I'm going to post a spoiler-city review in another thread. No need to hijack the spoiler-free thread with all my silly spoilers!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

I saw it today and I thought it was the worse of the 3. I didn't like the others either, but No. 1 was at least a decent action film.

I find it dissapointing that they can't adapt the original stories in their true form without straying and chopping it all up. The original storyline for Phoenix is fantastic and would make a briliant film, but they went with the cheese.

The best part of the film was Beast. Fine casting job and make up, he just didn't have much to do.

X-Men 3 get's 3 bornieo's out of 10...

Quote Originally Posted by Bornieo Goes Bananas
    I saw it today and I thought it was the worse of the 3. I didn't like the others either, but No. 1 was at least a decent action film.

I find it dissapointing that they can't adapt the original stories in their true form without straying and chopping it all up. The original storyline for Phoenix is fantastic and would make a briliant film, but they went with the cheese.

The best part of the film was Beast. Fine casting job and make up, he just didn't have much to do.

X-Men 3 get's 3 bornieo's out of 10...

Since they never set any of the X-men space stories, it would have been a little difficult to do the original Phoenix/Dark Phoenix storyline.

• Earth Intruder

I put my quick review into the thread with spoilers.

Overall, I give the first X-men movies 4 of 4 stars.

I'd give this one a star and a half or two out of four stars.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Circle of Ancients

Question for those that have seen the movie ...

Is it okay for our kids who have seen the X-men movies, Batman Begins, Hulk, Spiderman, etc, etc, etc.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast