Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Happy Memories

Re: X-Men 4 - Confirmed! ...or is it?

Never say never, but from the sounds of everything I've been reading this week the spin-off films will be the "sequels". So here are the possible films I've heard about thus far:

Wolverine- Pretty much a sure thing, and most likely the next X-men related film that will hit theaters, possibly around 2008.

Magneto-Can tell his life story without coming up with a convoluted, soap opera style way of bringing back the character in the continuity of the first 3 films. My guess is that this is the second most likely to happen.

Emma Frost-She never appeared in the X-Men films, but I read today that a film based on her character is possibly in the works.

Xavier's school- Another film I only just heard the first rumors of today. It would focus on the younger mutants who are students at the school. It would be more about their day to day lives than the greater world saving missions of the previous films. I'm going to guess that it won't happen, but it could be fun if it's handled correctly. Would also be vastly cheaper than any of the other films.

• Original Mice-Chatter

How in the world does that final scene after the credits make the movie irrelevant and pointless?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    How in the world does that final scene after the credits make the movie irrelevant and pointless?
    Because it's just one of those cheap scenes that erases the events before it and strips away the gravity of the characters' storylines.

Example 1: "Oh, so X isn't dead? So all of that drama and grief over losing Professor X was all for nothing because he isn't really gone? So we didn't ever have to worry? Hmm.. Then what was the point?"

Example 2: "So Magneto still has his powers? The cure didn't really take them away, just suppressed them for a while? So Rogue and Mystique and everyone else will be mutants still? So nothing's really changed then? Hmm... Okay... Then what was the point of it all if in the end they're all the same?"

That's how it plays out in my mind. If they're going to kill off someone, then keep them dead. If someone is going to experience a drastic change that affects the viewer, then make it permanent. Easter egg/twist scenes after the credits are cool and great fun, but they should be actual twists, not just cheap cliches.

• Happy Memories

That is deffinitely one way to look at it Jazz, but here is another thought I had about that final scene. Is Xavier still a mutant? I mean, the whole point that he was discussing earlier in the film was the morality of placing the conciousness of someone in a useless body into the body of someone who was braindead. So in that final scene they are telling us that Charle's consciosness is now in that braindead man's body. If the X-Gene is what makes a mutant a mutant, wouldn't that gene be part of their physical body and not their consciousness? Wouldn't the man at the end simply be Xavier's thoughts in another man's body? (technically it should not even be the same voice)

That means you can take it two ways. If they want to continue the film series, they make him still a mutant, even though it doesn't really make sense. Otherwise, you can view him as now being a normal human who can live out his life with Moira happily ever after.

• e komo mai

The movie ended like a comic book. People die, people come back... Didn't bother me at all. In the comic books, Jean Grey dies a couple of times and, I believe, is currently dead... She's a phoenix, she keeps coming back like a phoenix... :shrug:

• Banned User

phoenix is a play on words obviously.. lol dies comes back.. dies comes back from the ashes...

Profrssor X.. hmm.. who says he can't be rebuilt from a clone.. make him stronger.. better faster.. they have the technology.. then transfer his mind into the body...

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    Xavier's school- Another film I only just heard the first rumors of today. It would focus on the younger mutants who are students at the school. It would be more about their day to day lives than the greater world saving missions of the previous films. I'm going to guess that it won't happen, but it could be fun if it's handled correctly. Would also be vastly cheaper than any of the other films.
    Sounds like an animated TV show for Kids WB/Kids WB on CW... lol (I miss those 2 series..)

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Momeraths

I personally would love for there to be another one... I mean, why not?
    Because X3 sucked monkey balls without Bryan Singer attached?
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Golden Girls Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    Because X3 sucked monkey balls without Bryan Singer attached?
    Totally agree on this! And it was only 90 minutes?! Only Disney movies are allowed to be that short and still get my money.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    So in that final scene they are telling us that Charle's consciosness is now in that braindead man's body. If the X-Gene is what makes a mutant a mutant, wouldn't that gene be part of their physical body and not their consciousness? Wouldn't the man at the end simply be Xavier's thoughts in another man's body? (technically it should not even be the same voice)

That means you can take it two ways. If they want to continue the film series, they make him still a mutant, even though it doesn't really make sense. Otherwise, you can view him as now being a normal human who can live out his life with Moira happily ever after.
    I was thinking about his voice, too. But if you think about it, did you see his lips move? Maybe Charles was talking to the Dr. through his mind?

I also liked what you said about taking it 2 ways. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by suttytx
    Totally agree on this! And it was only 90 minutes?! Only Disney movies are allowed to be that short and still get my money.
    I agree, it was too short for the "last" movie. I even thought Jurassic Park 3 was too short. Then again, they should have picked a better script for JP3.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• For You!

I was really disappointed with them not continuing the storylines of rogue and mystique - in the comic books - didn't mystique sort of raise rogue - and had her steal powers?? Also, rogue could fly - oh well. And nightcrawler being mystique's son... I wish they would expand a little on those stories. And I remember Jubilee being mentioned in the first movie - where did she go?

Just saw x-3 last night - it was okay. as being an end to a trilogy - no closure whatsoever. It's totally open for another sequel.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen
    I was really disappointed with them not continuing the storylines of rogue and mystique - in the comic books - didn't mystique sort of raise rogue - and had her steal powers?? Also, rogue could fly - oh well. And nightcrawler being mystique's son... I wish they would expand a little on those stories. And I remember Jubilee being mentioned in the first movie - where did she go?

Just saw x-3 last night - it was okay. as being an end to a trilogy - no closure whatsoever. It's totally open for another sequel.
    They just cleaned up the family story lines for the movies, which makes sense to me becaues I would swear all the characters are now brother/sister/cousin/mom/dad or some odd family combination. When it comes to ROuge flying, that is one of the powers she stole from a character named Ms. Marvel.

But they can do an actual sequel one day with out making the deaths cheap. There are mutants that can rewrite part of reality in the comics, so why not the movies? BUt Fox would just have to hire a good director to make it work next time.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen

Well i blame the new director and Fox, the Director did not do his job by including many X men and under using characters like Ice man, angel and multple man.
    And fox wanted it to come out before Superman (I dont know why) and so it had less time than it should have.
    Plus too many main characters died. and many characters died in the stupidest ways ever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12