Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

X-Men 4 - Confirmed! ...or is it?

Back in January TheMovieBlog.com posted an article with quotes from Fox head Tim Rothman about a possible X4. Yet, recent articles continue to say that X4 isn't a possibility, but the spin-offs are still a go.

From TheMovieBlog.com:
    Despite the stupid title "X-Men: The Last Stand", Fox Head Tom Rothman has all but confirmed that there will indeed be an X-Men 4, and probably more after that as well. Now it's all well and good for him to say that now... but if X-Men 3 is a bomb (which we all know it won't be... even if it sucks) then those words will be quickly eaten.

So why the title "The Last Stand" then? Well, according to the good folks over at Movie Hole, Rothman offers the following explanation:

“It's the conclusion of this trilogy. These three movies work as a trilogy. These characters in this relationship, it's the culmination of that saga. It's the culmination and the resolution of those relationships laid out in the first two movies. That doesn't mean never, I would ever say never again, but I will say that this brings that saga to an end. It's quite the way the last Lord of the Rings, Return of the King, brought that trilogy to a conclusion in terms of those characters, that's what this movie does. It goes all the way back to the first one and rounds off and completes that three-part story”.
    Perhaps someone should tell Rothman that the end of the Lord of the Rings was indeed actually the end of the whole series. He might have missed that part.
    So all this talk of "this is the end of THIS saga". This particular story line in X-Men is indeed finished... but there are more to come. Heck... the Wolverine spinoff is basically going to be X-Men 4 with a new title. Make no mistake... there will be MANY more X-Movies.

Earlier today from SuperheroHype.com
    Despite the fact that X-Men: The Last Stand pulled in about $196 million in just four days worldwide (it cost approximately $210 million to make), Marvel Studios' Avi Arad tells Variety that they are going to move forward with the two spin-off movies instead of X-Men 4:

A big second frame decline is thus likely. But with nearly $200 million in domestic grosses by next weekend a virtual lock, Fox execs won't be shedding too many tears.

More likely, they'll be talking to their partners at Marvel about the next step for the franchise, since "Last Stand" was supposed to be the final film in a trilogy.

"The first reaction, which we should discard, is here comes 'X-Men 4,'" said Marvel Studios topper Avi Arad. "We're working on 'Wolverine,' which is definitely a continuation, and we have a very interesting script about a young Magneto."

Sort of two conflicting stories from two people in two different divisions involved with the X-Movies.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• All you need is LOVE

Re: X-Men 4 - Confirmed! ...or is it?

I wonder is there will be a 4

• Regular Newbie :)

I just saw 5 minutes ago on the E! that there is a magneto spin off already in the works and that Hally Berry and the rest of the actors really hope that the tickets sells will prove there needs to be another movie...

I personally would love for there to be another one... I mean, why not?

• 'splosions

only if Bryan Singer and Cyclops come back will i go see a 4

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Stop while it is good.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

There should be no more. I liked the X-Men movies and have seen X-Men 3. And if there is an X-Men 4 I would probably see that also. But now it is time to move on and do something else. After a while it just like- not another one- like the "Rocky's" I wouldn't mind seeing spin-offs though- Wolverine.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Stop while it is good.

I agree.

• Circle of Ancients

With all that $$ the movie made last weekend a fourth movie is no doubt on it's way.

All of the interviews I saw witht he actors involved were all in support of doing another movie.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs
    I wonder is there will be a 4
    IF 3 makes lots and lots of money...... YES there will be a 4.

• Banned User

Since X-3 has made alot of money.. 4 will be developed and shelved.. Esp since i dont think the acotrs have it in their contracts to fdo X-4 and imagine the price of the movie then....

Go with the Wolverine movie.. (probably looking for his past still...)

and the prequil featuring magneto and professor X

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

If there is an X4, it will feature the younger characters rather than the ones that were focused on in the first three. Would you be excited about Iceman, Colossus, Shadowcat, Pyro and Angel, etc.? I think the Wolverine spinoff and the Magneto/Prof. X movie will satisfy. It's best to know when to end a franchise before getting to Batman & Robin levels.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Momeraths
    Hally Berry and the rest of the actors really hope that the tickets sells will prove there needs to be another movie...
    I'm pretty sure Halle Berry would be the last of the actors to want to do another.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Banned User

Ratner killed this franchise when he killed Cyclops, Jean and X and demutantized Rogue and Magneto. Forget X4, because after X3 they either have to bring back, soap opera style, our favorite dead characters, or continue on without the most famous and beloved X-men characters. I pray that there won't be another one, even though I loved X1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman
    Ratner killed this franchise when he killed Cyclops, Jean and X and demutantized Rogue and Magneto. Forget X4, because after X3 they either have to bring back, soap opera style, our favorite dead characters, or continue on without the most famous and beloved X-men characters. I pray that there won't be another one, even though I loved X1 and 2.
    All three of the dead characters have died in the comics and come back. Jean has died a handful of times now, and Xavier has "died" twice, i think. Plus when it comes to Magneto, didn't you see him move the metal chess piece at the end of the movie? You also must not have sat thru the credits or you would have seen the "surprise" ending having to do Prof X.
    So yeah, there will be a sequel of some sorts in the next 5 years

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by HUH?
    All three of the dead characters have died in the comics and come back. Jean has died a handful of times now, and Xavier has "died" twice, i think. Plus when it comes to Magneto, didn't you see him move the metal chess piece at the end of the movie? You also must not have sat thru the credits or you would have seen the "surprise" ending having to do Prof X.
    So yeah, there will be a sequel of some sorts in the next 5 years
    These are the movies, not the comics, and therefore they have to carry broad, mass market appeal. To fans of the comics, anything will work, but if they can't appeal to those with little or no knowledge of the comics, then they're dead in the water. Now if an X4 is made, the average person who just sees the films is going to see the cheapness in bringing these characters back all fine and dandy after killing them all off, and that will hurt the franchise. Or they leave them dead and people remark, "Yeah, it was good but it's stupid that so-and-so is dead," which also hurts the franchise.

And no, we didn't sit through the credits to see the scene that made the entire movie irrelevant and pointless. But that and the Magneto bit with the chesspiece are why Ratner should never be allowed to make another film like these. Deus Ex Machinas (like stabbing Magneto with the cure) kill movies and show a lack of quality storytelling. They should have just shelved it until Singer finished Superman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast