Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Omen - WHY?

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Re: The Omen - WHY?

Why would they make a remake? It's just so dumb!! Remakes and sequels aren't always a good thing.

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyBear
    Why is anyone surprised. We live in the age of unnecessary remakes and bad movies based on old TV shows. It's not hard to come up with 5 off the top of your head.

Ain't this the truth. There is just no creativity left in Hollywood anymore. If it was a movie or tv show before "Hey lets do it again , no one will notice".
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Banned User

My mother said she won't take me to see that movie because, quote, "It's pure evil and wrong."

Catholics, eh?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^ I agree with her its just more crap to put in our heads, thats why I hate horror movies because they are just crappy films that give you nightmares. Plus never see a remake (the original's always better)

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Why? Because Fox already owns the rights and the director says,
    "It's like a piece of Shakespeare."

Cinema symbologists ready for 'Omen' 6+6+06

By Martin A. Grove
    The Hollywood Reporter
    May 31, 2006

Directed by John Moore ("Behind Enemy Lines," "Flight of the Phoenix") and written by David Seltzer (who wrote the original "Omen"), "Omen" stars Julia Stiles, Live Schreiber, Mia Farrow, David Thewlis, Pete Postlethwaite, Michael Gambon and introduces Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick as Damien. It was produced by Glenn Williamson and Moore and executive produced by Jeffrey Stott.

The original "Omen," by the way, was directed by Richard Donner and starred Gregory Peck and Lee Remick. After opening June 25, 1976, to $4.3 million at 515 theaters ($8,298 per theater), it went on to gross about $61 million domestically, which was terrific business 30 years ago.

Asked what starting right now means, Moore replied, "Usually, having a very stiff drink and then you just sit anxiously and wait for the script. I didn't know actually how developed it was within the four walls of Fox as a project. But the script came over and (on) the cover was 'The Omen. By David Seltzer. 1975.' So it was clear that we were going to be working from the original text, which was very exciting because daunting as it is remaking anything you're usually likely to incur the wrath of some of the people all of the time. What excited me was knowing that we were going to work with the same story. To me the text was superb. It's a classically good text. It's like a piece of Shakespeare. So knowing that we had that story was actually reassuring rather than disappointing.
    full article at http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr..._id=1002577619
    Last edited by ALIASd; 06-03-2006 at 09:31 AM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon
    Plus never see a remake (the original's always better)
    But what the House of Wax (Vincent Price version) was better than the orginal. It's just recently the re-makes have been STS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12