Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

The Fast and the Furios 3: Tokyo Drift

Can't WAIT for this movie...

I could care less about the plot and the whack characters (The heck is Bow Wow doing in a tuner movie... in JAPAN?)

Drifting is one of the most exciting racing events in a long time, and from what I've seen, the stunts are going to be nuts. I just saw a preview with a car drifting up a parking garage curve...

FREAKIN' TIGHT!!!

• We're number one!

Re: The Fast and the Furios 3: Tokyo Drift

I'm sorry but all I have to say is...

Why?!

Do we really need another Fast and the Furious movie?

I saw the trailer in a crowded theater when I saw X3 and there were groans coming from the audience.

lol...they filmed the highschool scene for that movie in my old school (i moved) and i livein the usa...but i did not get to see bowwow

• 'splosions

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyBear
    I'm sorry but all I have to say is...

Why?!

Do we really need another Fast and the Furious movie?

I saw the trailer in a crowded theater when I saw X3 and there were groans coming from the audience.
    same thing in my theater

• Circle of Ancients

I have less than zero interest in this film. I will usually netflix a film even if I have no interest ... but I don't even plan on doing that on this one.

And drifting is nothing new ... they have been doing it in Rally Car Racing for YEARS.

• Former Epcot CM

Yawn.

Still yawning.
    Why oh why do Japanese people have American accents in this film?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    I have less than zero interest in this film. I will usually netflix a film even if I have no interest ... but I don't even plan on doing that on this one.

And drifting is nothing new ... they have been doing it in Rally Car Racing for YEARS.
    Drifting on a street, or down and up a mountain pass is a LOT different than doing so on the dirt on a virtually flat surface. A LOT more difficult, and a lot more wear and tear.

The Fast and the Furious series is really for the car community. When Jurassic Park 3 came out, everyone yawned and complained etc. but anyone into Dinosaurs was really excited. The same goes for FATF.

• Circle of Ancients

^ No ... it's for the rice-rocket community.

• ...TWO BITS!

I might see this in theaters. I have a very small interest. Hopefully this will be the last. The so called "attraction" at USH won't help very much, that's for sure. Check out the pics and video for it in the non-Disney parks discussion thread.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 06-06-2006 at 04:07 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

The Dumb & The Stupidest

The reaction in our theater was somewhat different: laughing and much snorting at the absurdity of this ridiculous waste of film stock. Seriously, the first film was more than enough. Then they delivered a half baked sequel that all of four people saw. Now a third one? I can only imagine someday seeing trailers for "Fast and the Furious Seven - Rambler Rally."

• We're number one!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    ^ No ... it's for the rice-rocket community.
    Yeah the only people who are interested in seeing it are the kind of people who add 4,000 dollars worth of junk on a 500 dollar car.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    When Jurassic Park 3 came out, everyone yawned and complained etc. but anyone into Dinosaurs was really excited. The same goes for FATF.
    I was one of those people who complained when Jurrassic Park 3 came out, but even the last one in that series will be better than anything in the FATF trilogy. Also remember that most kids and adults have a fascination with Dinosaurs and that's what makes it so cool to see them on the big screen. Cars, well I see those everyday.

• Minion

Yeah the only people who are interested in seeing it are the kind of people who add 4,000 dollars worth of junk on a 500 dollar car.
    I love hearing off comments like that. But then again, the same was said for muscle cars..

I was one of those people who complained when Jurrassic Park 3 came out, but even the last one in that series will be better than anything in the FATF trilogy. Also remember that most kids and adults have a fascination with Dinosaurs and that's what makes it so cool to see them on the big screen. Cars, well I see those everyday.
    I can't remember the last time I saw cars drifting down the street...

• We're number one!

I love hearing off comments like that. But then again, the same was said for muscle cars..
    I love Muscle Cars which in my mind are Ford Mustangs Corvettes and such. Something about Honda's with bad paint jobs and wing added to back and oversized muffler doesn't appeal to me. The funniest thing is seeing these guys racing down the road thinking they have a race car just because they added that. Honsetly I have yet to see a decent looking car like that around here. The only ones I've seen like that in my area were when I went to Universal and they had the cars from the actualy FATF movies there.

I know they aren't all like that, it's just a large majority of them where I live are like that. Not only that I can't tell you how many times they've cut me off and almost gotten me into accidents.

I can't remember the last time I saw cars drifting down the street...
    Yeah, but I can name a bunch of movies in which I've seen car races/chases. It's nothing new, so where's the wow factor?

• Minion

I love Muscle Cars which in my mind are Ford Mustangs Corvettes and such. Something about Honda's with bad paint jobs and wing added to back and oversized muffler doesn't appeal to me. The funniest thing is seeing these guys racing down the road thinking they have a race car just because they added that. Honsetly I have yet to see a decent looking car like that around here. The only ones I've seen like that in my area were when I went to Universal and they had the cars from the actualy FATF movies there.
    I own a 1988 IROC-Z Camaro with a custom edelbrock engine. Im pushing a little over 500 horses. I also own an 06 Scion tC. BELIEVE me when I say I hate people who add ridiculous things to their vehicles in order to make them "look" like they can race...

The import community has it's own name for people like that. Ricers. Why would a Front wheel Drive vehicle need a giant wing? Ricer. What's the purpose of having a fart can for your tail pipe when you don't have headers or an Spipe? Ricer. However, it's a bit silly to lump every import car in with people that do that.

I know they aren't all like that, it's just a large majority of them where I live are like that. Not only that I can't tell you how many times they've cut me off and almost gotten me into accidents.
    That we can blame Fast and the Furious for

Yeah, but I can name a bunch of movies in which I've seen car races/chases. It's nothing new, so where's the wow factor?
    No movie yet has shown drifting in this capacity. It's never been seen before in a film like this. In drifitng you earn points by the skill of your driving, not speed. I've never seen anyone drift up a parking lot curve...

• We're number one!

I own a 1988 IROC-Z Camaro with a custom edelbrock engine. Im pushing a little over 500 horses. I also own an 06 Scion tC. BELIEVE me when I say I hate people who add ridiculous things to their vehicles in order to make them "look" like they can race...

The import community has it's own name for people like that. Ricers. Why would a Front wheel Drive vehicle need a giant wing? Ricer. What's the purpose of having a fart can for your tail pipe when you don't have headers or an Spipe? Ricer. However, it's a bit silly to lump every import car in with people that do that.
    See now what you just described above it was I'm talking about! I would love to see a picture of your car. I bet it's a beauty.

Also like I said before I'm not lumping in every single import car. It's just there are so many cars with all the dumb add ons around here. Especially the wing. That one gets my friends and I everytime.

Also even though drifting may be something that is not often seen in the movies, it's just interesting that they are building a whole movie around it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast