View Poll Results: Old or New Galactica?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • The old series is better.

5 35.71%
  • The new series is better.

2 14.29%
  • Both are good, but I prefer the old.

2 14.29%
  • Both are good, but I prefer the new.

2 14.29%
  • Like them both equally.

3 21.43%
  • Both stink worse than a pair of socks worn by a costumed CM after a DL parade.

0 0%

• Minion

Battlestar Galactica

Seems to be some talk on this here fine forum about Battlestar Glactica and how some folks feel the old series from the 80's is better than the new series. I'd like to find out what you all think...

The old series is better.
    The new series is better.
    Both are good, but I prefer the old.
    Both are good, but I prefer the new.
    Both are equally good.
    Both stink worse than a pair of socks worn by a costumed CM in a DL parade.

• șoș Tom șoș

Battlestar is hocky and lovable from all angles. I do agree the newer material is moving far far far too slow, a little like 24 set in space. HOWEVER that said the effects (space wise not the cylons) is far superior to any other space show ever created. The space documentary look of space battles is incredible. I do miss the humor and levity of the original series but the nods to the original make the current incarnation a lot of fun. This show could have ended up looking like STNG and instead its look fresh and fun.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Was this meant to be a poll? I am so confussed.
    I fixed it. Sorry bout that! :confused:

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

I do wish we'd get a little humor thrown into the new series, though. And no, Baltar doesn't count - he's just creepy. That said, I'm likin' this series more and more with each episode. I don't remember ever being so into a tv episode like I was at the end of the season finale. And the ladies are easy on the eyes, too!

Of course, I've barely seen any episodes of the old tv show. But what I've seen, I've liked.
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

• șoș Tom șoș

The 3rd to last episode where they were in that space ship with the artificial gardens- that had some humor in it. Also I think if Richard Hatch can play a mean nasty politician why not give Drk Benedict the original starbuck a chance to shine as comic relief! Plus how many other actors could be funny on the show? Consider how many other cast members have the capacity to be funny? Col Tigh? Chief Petty Officer?

• Just this guy......

I didn't want to like it when the new series first came on, but after the first few I was hooked. They did a really good job.

• Greetings, Program!

This show asbolutely rocks. The acting is top rate, and they don't hit you over the head with the SFX (which are also first rate).

Best Sci-Fi show since DS9 and just a great TV show, sci-fi or not.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    This show asbolutely rocks. The acting is top rate, and they don't hit you over the head with the SFX (which are also first rate).

Best Sci-Fi show since DS9 and just a great TV show, sci-fi or not.
    You mean since Stargate right??? RIGHT??? *hints by jabbing him in the ribs and throwing his line of vision at the baseball bat behind his back*

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    You mean since Stargate right??? RIGHT??? *hints by jabbing him in the ribs and throwing his line of vision at the baseball bat behind his back*

I mean BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, buddy.

As far as I know .....Stargate was a relatively cool one-shot sci-fi film with Kurt ****ing Russell and James Spader.

You say there was a series?

Naww......I didnt get that memo.

• Banned User

I enjoy Battlestar a lot, though not nearly as much as Stargate, Atlantis especially. The effects are certainly first rate (I love their take on the battles. Very "Band of Brothers/ pseudo-documentary feel meets... Battlestar Galactica!) and some of the characters are far more compelling than their original counterparts.

For me, the main drawbacks are; the Cylons, who are either laughable "evil toasters" or second rate T-1000s, and, ironically, a couple of the characters, namely Boomer. I can nearly forgive Starbuck, the cocky wild west cowboy of space, being turned into a tough alpha chick (nearly, but not fully yet.) But Boomer? A whiny, meek, Cylon Asian chick? (Not that there's anything wrong with being an Asian chick, just so that's clear.) Boomer was a cool, tough, space fighting Shaft-lite buddy kind of dude. But ugh, this Boomer sucks.

The Baltar thing is getting kind of loopy, but that's fine, if it goes somewhere. I really love Edward James Olmos as Adama. He has a lot of the commanding presence that Lorne Green had, but flavored with a touch more stoic savior / wizened warrior. Very cool.

What I really can’t wait for is to see where they’ll take the mythology this time. Are these the first humans, and their beliefs are what seeded our Earthling history? Or are they our long lost descendants, journeying back home? It’s going to be exciting to see where it leads.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    Naww......I didnt get that memo.
    I bet you're having problems with your TPS Reports then....

(Sorry, couln't resist.)

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman
    I bet you're having problems with your TPS Reports then....

(Sorry, couln't resist.)
    Hmmmmm....yyyyyyyeah.

• Man O Lantern

Loved loved loved the original series.....mmmmm Dirk Benedict.....but we know the star of the new series, Katee Sackhoff. Her dad is my husband's boss, so I have to tolerate the idea of the new show.

I was initially NOT very happy about the series, until my husband told me that Katee would be Starbuck. I'm really happy for her, but I don't plan to watch the show.

Dirk will always be my Starbuck.