• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Disney Set on Park 'Dreams' - Los Angeles Times, 6/8/06

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...ninav-business

At Disneyland, Space Mountain will get a twist next spring with redesigned lighting, technology and music, becoming Rockin' Space Mountain. The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage will open next summer, a remake of the submarine ride that closed in 1998. A Finding Nemo attraction will also debut at Epcot this year, as will a musical at Animal Kingdom in Orlando.

"At this moment, we stand on the verge of what promises to be a very exciting future," said Jay Rasulo, chairman of Disney's theme park division.

The marketing campaign will feature work by celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz and ad agencies Leo Burnett and McGarryBowen, all focused on "transformational moments" experienced by visitors to Disney theme parks, such as encountering swashbuckling pirates or seeing a princess.

The U.S. campaign will be "Year of a Million Dreams," he said, with theme park employees giving away prizes big and small.

The prizes, which will be awarded to visitors chosen statistically by a third-party company, will include free dinners, Fast Passes that get people to the front of some lines and a lifetime of Disney vacations. Guests may also be named grand marshals of parades or given access to the exclusive, members-only Club 33 at Disneyland.

Although each park will use the "Where Dreams Come True" campaign, the promotions and marketing will be tailored. Disneyland Paris, for example, will promote its 15th anniversary and new attractions such as Tower of Terror and Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast.

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Oh my Goodness!

Re: Disney Set on Park 'Dreams' - Los Angeles Times, 6/8/06

I never win anything anywhere....but Club 33 would be cool. It's on my list of things to do before I die......

• Banned User

Mission B.C. Canada!!!!!!!! Off to California!!!!!!!!!

Are they really giving out a million prizes/ dreams?

From Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by JeffLUVZAriel
    Are they really giving out a million prizes/ dreams?

From Jeff
    A million sounds like a lot, but between all the parks, the record-breaking visitor counts, and the many days of the year, it really isn't.

Plus, by the way the article was worded, it seems only one of the million prizes is a lifetime of Disneyland vacations. Everything else is pretty small. It's a great idea. It doesn't cost them much, and it excites visitors. Even an AP holder who goes a lot like me probably won't get anything though.