• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'24' - the movie

Fox Moving Forward with 24 Feature

June 8, 2006
    Variety

After years of speculation, the clock is officially ticking down toward a 24 feature film, reports Variety.

Twentieth Century Fox has closed a deal with series creators Robert Cochran and Joel Surnow, as well as showrunner Howard Gordon, to bring the Keifer Sutherland real-time thriller to the big screen.

Surnow and Cochran will write the script, with Gordon working on the story. All three will produce via their Real Time Productions, as will Imagine's Brian Grazer.

No talent deals are yet in place, though Sutherland -- an executive producer of the hit Fox series -- has made it clear he's interested in starring in the film should it snag a greenlight.

Cochran, Surnow and Gordon will begin work on the script late this summer, just as production on the sixth season of the TV series gets under way.

Executives at 20th should have a draft of the script in their hands by early winter. Once they see the script -- and look at ratings for the first few episodes of season six, which kicks off in January -- they'll be able to make a decision on greenlighting production of the film.

Under the most optimistic scenario, the feature would be greenlit early next year and film next spring and summer during the hiatus between season six and a likely seventh season of 24.

Current plan calls for the 24 feature to abandon the real-time conceit of the TV show, making Sutherland's Jack Bauer, rather than the clock, the star.

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=front_page
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: '24' - the movie

This is the first mention I've seen of the clock bein abandoned. Usually its been said it would be something like a normal movie for an hour and then the clock would start ticking for the last hour.

• Circle of Ancients

Man ... a 24 hour movie ... that will be LOOOONG.

Hopefully this will be good.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

I hope it will be good too, but you have to admit that one of the key parts of the show is the clock popping up every now and then.

I think they should do that in the movie, maybe popping it up in the bottom corner somewhere for a brief moment every now and then.

(BTW - just started playing 24: The Game on my PS2, and I love it!)
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

I'm not sure I'm crazy about a "24" movie. I think the thing that makes the show so exciting is the weekly cliffhangers.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've been wondering how long it was going to take them to do this.

If it's done right it could be really good. I'll probably go see it anyway just go I can drool over Kiefer.

• Wonderful World

Man it really should rock.24 is my fave tv show and to have a movie would be heaven
    I'm back MiceChat

• Banned User

Hey.. they can do 24 the movie.. it will be a twelve-part epic... each two-hours no commercials...

Wait.. a TV show become a movie.. Fox Stop.. don’t torture us.. Come up with original ideas before taking TV shows again.. (Exempt: Simpson’s and x-men)