Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Tinker Bell Speaks - 6/8/06

After more than 50 years of silence, Disney's Tinker Bell is getting a voice.

Disney Consumer Products announced that it will reveal the new voice of Tinker Bell, provided by "one of Hollywood's hottest young talents," at the Licensing International 2006 show in New York City on June 20th. This announcement will coincide with the introduction of Tinker Bell, a direct-to-video release scheduled to debut in Spring 2007. The video promises to introduce young viewers to Tinker Bell's "secret, magical world" where they will hear her speak for the very first time. The CG-animated feature will be part of the Disney Fairies product line that will include dolls, play-sets and role-play items, many of which will be available for purchase this Fall. The first Disney Fairies book, Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg, was released last September and spent over 20 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list.

--disneytim--

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Re: Tinker Bell Speaks - 6/8/06

Is anyone bothered by this? Giving Tinker Bell a voice, to me, kinda kills the magic.

• I am a Pluto lover

I dont think they should mess with Tink.

Tinks attitude comes from her not having a voice. Her facial features say it all. This would be like all of a sudden having Pluto talk. I dont like this.
    Not at all.
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim
    Is anyone bothered by this? Giving Tinker Bell a voice, to me, kinda kills the magic.

Now-a-days Disney is good at killing magic. She was unique because she expressed herself through body language and actions. She doesn't need a voice.

• Disneyfanatic, CM

...the new voice of Tinker Bell, provided by 'one of Hollywood's hottest young talents'

Uh-oh...think about the girls Disney likes to work with that they might call a young talent...Lindsey Lohan? Hilary duff? Oh nooo....

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

I for one am bothered by this. Is nothing sacred? Am I going to wake up one morning and Donald Duck not have a speech impediment anymore? Who's next? Dopey?

While Pluto technically doesn't have a voice. He faked having a crooning, singing voice when he discovered a record player in his dog house in one short. And his concious (both devil and angel) has a voice (in more than one short) as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Princess of my own world

That really scares me. I recently watched Peter Pan again and then thought about what Tink would sound like with a voice...and it just killed it. They need to leave Tink alone, she's unique enough without giving her a horrible voice.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chelle-Belle
    ...the new voice of Tinker Bell, provided by 'one of Hollywood's hottest young talents'

Uh-oh...think about the girls Disney likes to work with that they might call a young talent...Lindsey Lohan? Hilary duff? Oh nooo....
    I'm expecting someone from a Disney Channel series or even "High School Musical." I can't picture Lohan or Duff at this point doing a direct-to-video release for kids.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Aww geeze wth! Why ruin Tinker Bell? I honestly can't picture her with a voice. The little "tinky" noises was enough for me. Why?!?!? At least I don't have any kids and won't have to worry about ever seeing this lame video. Sorry Disney...you messed up here, BIG TIME. :

• Minion FOREVER!

Yikes! I knew this was coming.... :-(

Yup, Tink should definitely stay a pantomime character....

BTW. I think the likely candidates are one of the girls on Disney Channel shows. Not
    the alums like Hillary Duff, Lindsay Lohan...

unlike a ride or show, where if it sucks and we complain a lot they caould change it, there is nothing that our complaining is going to do.

It's done. Our thoughts mean nothing to them and it doesn't matter what we think. This is what happend when you let an entertainment company be ran by bean counters.

Lame and cheap. Culture, killing.

Chalk another bad one up for TWDC.

Oh well, not much I can do about it.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Well we can vote with our dollars and encourage everyone we know to not buy the video at all. then maybe someone at Disney will recognize they made a huge error.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

no..they can't do this! magic killers!nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    i am very upset...they better not..... urggggg!

i will not watch a video with tinkerbells voice..boycott!

...im calm now...breathe in and out...ok maybe im overreacting a bit...
    Last edited by Princessa_Susy; 06-08-2006 at 04:39 PM.

• For You!

Tinkerbell did have a voice in Hook - ala Julia Roberts...

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't mind if they give Tink a voice. They already have in the new book Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg by Gail Carson Levine. The book takes place in Fairy Haven, where Tink lives when she is not in Never Land, and it concerns fairy life. Now the author never mentions if the fairies just make noises when they talk or if they actually say words, but the book would not make sense it all the fairies just sounded like bells. So of course they talk. I guess you can pretend while reading that words are not coming out of their mouths but sounds are. And that is fine with your own imagination, but when this book is made into a movie, (like you knew it had to when it was released) the words have to come out or it won't make sense. Now when she is with Peter, he can translate for us, but who would translate to the audience when all the fairies are just making sounds?

I for one am excited to see what sort of merchandise they put out for this. Tink is one of my favorites and I'll buy practically anything with her on it. Call me a Tink whore if you want, but this kind of "stuff" makes me happy.

Now when you reply to this, please be kind and not call me names or attack me personally, I have seen too much of that on these boards. This is just my opinion and being rude will not change my mind. I realize that I may be the only one who wouldn't mind hearing Tink talk and that I am setting myself up for some criticism, but just play fair, ok? I love Tink and all things Disney and can't wait to see her in more things.

Let the cannons fly!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast