Disney Satellite Radio Station?

OK, so I know that Radio Disney already exists, but what do you guys think about the possibility of Disney making a made-for-satellite (Sirius, XM, or the like) radio station, playing only music from Disney movies, parks, tv shows, etc? maybe even play audio clips from walt himself talking about the development of his parks and pictures? weekly 'fireside chats' with iger, lassitter, et al.? Using the satellite radio utilizes the pay-per-month subscription idea, with no commercials, and for those of you who have a satellite radio know that there are whole stations dedicated to a specific theme (XM has a movie soundtrack station, Sirius has an all Howard Stern, all the time station, etc). Personally, I wouldn't ever change the station from an all disney one, but what do you think? would it be a smart investment for Disney? would there be enough public interest for something like this?
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Down Under without Nemo..

Thumbs up Re: Disney Satellite Radio Station?

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfnatic
    would there be enough public interest for something like this?
    Oh, I think so...

Showing 1-15 of 114 stations matching 'disney'
    DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Disney Satellite Radio Station?

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfnatic
    OK, so I know that Radio Disney already exists, but what do you guys think about the possibility of Disney making a made-for-satellite (Sirius, XM, or the like) radio station, playing only music from Disney movies, parks, tv shows, etc? maybe even play audio clips from walt himself talking about the development of his parks and pictures? weekly 'fireside chats' with iger, lassitter, et al.? Using the satellite radio utilizes the pay-per-month subscription idea, with no commercials, and for those of you who have a satellite radio know that there are whole stations dedicated to a specific theme (XM has a movie soundtrack station, Sirius has an all Howard Stern, all the time station, etc). Personally, I wouldn't ever change the station from an all disney one, but what do you think? would it be a smart investment for Disney? would there be enough public interest for something like this?
    This could well work...But I think that Internet radio and podcasting (some good Disney podcasts already exist) might be a good way to go as well.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Why not they;ve got anything and everything on sateillite radio? Pretty soon I'm sure there will be radio-shopping stations, so there isn't any reason why there shouldn't be a station that plays music from theme park attractions, musicals, movies, etc

An example of a Disney internet radio station is Utilidors Audio Broadcasting which has hundreds if not thousands of audio tracks from Disney parks that you request and are played...

• Banned User

I thought I read somewhere that disney signed a deal with XM radio awhile back. you really can't have just one channel for a satelite network, but you can have your own channel on xm or serious network . like i said I thought they signed up for xm. not totally sure about the info though

I have XM (love it by the way) and Radio Disney is carried on XM. I don't think they would have any interest in carrying a Disney music station, playing only songs from movies, character albums, and theme parks. They have enough issues with not having enough bandwidth for the channels they already have. Cinemagic will often do blocks of music from movies.

I'd listen if they had a station, but it's also pretty quick to amass a big library of disney music and load it on an ipod.