Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

'Cars' Retains Lead at the Box Office

Good news for Disney and Pixar. It actually took me by surprise as well because I thought Fast and Furious would take its place. I had an idea that Nacho Libre wouldn't out-do Cars because it looked so stupid. But anyways, here is the article I found on MSN ENtertainment:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...25614&GT1=7701

Enjoy!

• Delawarean Girl

Re: 'Cars' Retains Lead at the Box Office

YAy! That's great news. Plus, they just got my money this time. I just saw it on Friday. It was cute.

• Sea Creature

It seems I am a little late to discuss this movie but I would still like to put my two cents in. I saw it last night and as a lot us did, I had doubts. It started with pretty animation but as it went on there were a few laughs here and there but nothing like the past pixar films. The movie then took a sudden turn midway through and it was truly amazing. There are few animated films out there that can tug on emotions like this one does, in fact, I can't think of any recent, computer generated movies that have ever even come close to the word emotion. I couldn't believe my eyes and ears when I saw tears in people's eyes and heard sniffling all over the theater. Really a great experience, this is an excellent movie.

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan
    It seems I am a little late to discuss this movie but I would still like to put my two cents in. I saw it last night and as a lot us did, I had doubts. It started with pretty animation but as it went on there were a few laughs here and there but nothing like the past pixar films. The movie then took a sudden turn midway through and it was truly amazing. There are few animated films out there that can tug on emotions like this one does, in fact, I can't think of any recent, computer generated movies that have ever even come close to the word emotion. I couldn't believe my eyes and ears when I saw tears in people's eyes and heard sniffling all over the theater. Really a great experience, this is an excellent movie.
    Did you like "Tractor Tippin"?

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by sailorcomet
    Did you like "Tractor Tippin"?
    Oh yeah and "he did what in his cup?"
    My favorite was:
    "They're going to think you're crazy if you keep talking to yourself"
    "Oh that's great advice"
    "I wasn't talking to you"

Yes funny, not as funny as say Finding Nemo, or Toy Story 2, but every bit as good of a movie.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan
    Oh yeah and "he did what in his cup?"
    My favorite was:
    "They're going to think you're crazy if you keep talking to yourself"
    "Oh that's great advice"
    "I wasn't talking to you"

Yes funny, not as funny as say Finding Nemo, or Toy Story 2, but every bit as good of a movie.
    Love that too! I also loved
    Spoiler
    when Guido changed out Lightning's tires and blew away Chick's pit stop crew. THeir reaction was classic!

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    Love that too! I also loved
    Spoiler
    when Guido changed out Lightning's tires and blew away Chick's pit stop crew. THeir reaction was classic!
    Yeah DisneyMickey, that part was funny and awesome too. But I will be shhhhhhh! on what you said.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    I had an idea that Nacho Libre wouldn't out-do Cars because it looked so stupid.
    And Fast and the Furious doesn't?
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    And Fast and the Furious doesn't?
    Oh no doubt it looked stupid too.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

So what does Wall Street have to say now? Do they still think Cars is a bomb and that Disney paid too much for Pixar? I love those Wall Street guys who think they know everything. Like, just because it "only" made $62 million on opening weekend that it is a flop. I see this movie continuing to make tons of money over the summer. That is a no-brainer.

• Original Mice-Chatter

I just keep finding reasons to say "ka-chow!"

• Minion

Saw it Sunday and loved it! The term "instant classic" comes to mind.

Edit: Forgot to mention the show we went to and the one immediately following were both sold out. Good thing I bought tickets online before heading to the theater!

• Banned User

See...they don't know what they are talking about.

• oh bugger

I saw the movie Friday and thought it was great. I might even see it again if the spirit moves me, and if someone wants to go with me.

Maybe not to defend the Wall Street guys, but potentially put things into perspective on why Disney Stock took a dive (and is slowly recovering) last week and why 'Cars' has been called Pixar's first flop... which i think is rubbish and over the course of the summer as b.o. reciepts come in will prove to be totally wrong.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdow...d=vs-pixar.htm

That gives a breakdown of all but 'Toy Story' and 'A Bug's Life' and how they match up against each other. If you take a gander at the Daily Box Office you'll see how 'Cars' has not performed up to par with say 'The Incredibles'

I think that when a company sets itself up to outdo itself every time that the precedent is hard to live up to. As we've seen already 'Cars' is a success... but is it as huge as Nemo? Wall Street is testy, you are only as good as what your next big thing is, and when 'Cars' didn't break records it instantly became a flop... we all know thats not true, and once the film makes over $200 mil in domestic b.o. they'll see it as well.

• Banned User

You are completely right. Wall Street has probably been dying for an opportunity to say something like this about Pixar seeing how it has such a perfect reputation. They'll find anything to tear it apart. When the film came in short 10 million, that made it a flop? Since when is 60 million considered a flop? Anyways, their opinion doesn't really matter. I loved the movie and have already seen it 3 times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast