Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Name Some of Your Favorite Animated Features.

These Animated movies may be traditional 2-D or Computer Generated movies. They can range from Snow White through Cars. I am using this for part of a speech and am curious what people choose.

You may choose more tha one movie, but please explain why you choose that movie or movies.
    Last edited by figment1986; 06-20-2006 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: name your favorite Classic Animated movies...

Aristocats of course! Any doubt?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Can it be non-Disney as well?

• Delawarean Girl

I love.
    Bambi
    Dumbo
    The

• Delawarean Girl

yes, I sure did love them.

• Banned User

I'm aiming for mostly disney movies whihc people believe are classics.. they can be from any period.. even modern movies.... traditional animation or computer animated....

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite. I've always been a fan of this story or anything with a BATB theme in it. So when Disney finally got around to producing it, I was very happy with the final product! And from the first time I saw it (much like Mary Poppins), I knew it would work well on the stage as well. I should probably get around to seeing it again. I haven't seen it since it moved from the Palace Theatre and added "A Change in Me." The voice talent, the music, the story, the characters, etc. were all well done in the film IMHO. It was nice to see a less than conventional "prince/hero" and "princess/heroine" romantic pair in Belle and the Beast.

Howard Ashman definitely left his mark on this one, as well as The Little Mermaid. It's a shame he died before he could see the end result. And eventhough I don't put much stock in the Academy Awards, enough people thought this film was good enough to go up against 4 other films from 1991 for Best Picture.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Curiouser and Curiouser

I love Peter Pan because it is classic Disney.

And The Little Marmaid has some catchy tunes

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

I <3 alice in wonderland!!!.....The greatest!!!

the little mermaid...because....i guess its because its every little girls dream to be a mermaid and get married to a handsome prince...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorcomet
    I love.
    Bambi
    Dumbo
    The
    Ah, The. My favorite!

I like Fox and the Hound, because it's a great story of friendship.

Robin Hood 'cuz I like the way the characters are animals.

Peter Pan 'cuz... well... it's Peter Pan!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Newbie.

As much as I love the modern classics, ie The Little Mermaid, Beauty & The Beast, Lion King.....I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Sleeping Beauty. Maybe because it's the first Disney film I have a memory of seeing in the theatre (before video made Disney films an eveyday event) To me, Sleeping Beauty is everything a Disney film should be, and the warm fuzzies I get just thinking about it makes me smile from ear to ear.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Super saucy pixie!

I love Peter Pan. I love the way the story was put together, the color and stylings by Mary Blair, the consistent feeling of magic throughout the film. It's top notch. Same goes for Cinderella.
    I also love Sleeping Beauty for its incredible art from Eyvind Earle. The score is of course gorgeous as well.
    But I think most wonderous would be Fantasia. It's creativity in motion. Fluid, stylish, consistent, gorgeous, brave, and completely innovative.

• Banned User

I love The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, and Pocahontas. I also like the Emporer's New Groove, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, and Cinderella. I'm a fan of the newer age stuff, but still love the classics. The old calssics are easier for anyone to watch because they are that classic Disney that everyone knows about. The newer films like Treasure Planet, Emporer's New Groove, and Atlantis are harder for people to catch onto because it's that new Disney that people don't warm up to as easily as the old classics.

But Pocahontas is my favorite. I think it's the best Disney animated film because of its strong emotions involved in the story. It has the best, emotionaly moving music out of all them. The color palete sticks out most too. There is something about it that is just so beautiful whether it be the animation, love story, or music.

Out of Disney and Pixar Nemo and Cars are my favorite.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

My two favorites are Mulan and The Little Mermaid.

I love Mulan because she is such a strong woman character. She enlists in the Army to save her father. Then she ends up saving China. Can it get anymore honorable?

The Little Mermaid is a fun movie. It was the one that started the resurgence of animation for Disney. Maybe people don't like the fact that she is a 16 year old who runs away to be with a guy. I look at it as a strong willed young woman who knows what she wants and will do anything to get it. With the help of Prince Eric and her father, things turn out well in the end.

Of course the older movies are great too. The animation in Sleeping Beauty is a great study in medieval art. Bambi's animation is just jaw-dropping beautiful. Snow White deserves to be in a class all by herself since she is the one who started all of this. Her story is classic. I love the care they put into Atlantis, teaching all the animators how to draw like a particular comic book artist (I'm afraid I can't remember his name). The same with Lilo and Stitch, teaching the animators how to draw everything "round."

Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Tarzan, Lion King and Brother Bear are all fun movies to watch. Lots of music, fun times and great characters. Lady and the Tramp is such a lovely story. Puppy love, how cute. And of course all the Pixar movies are in a class all to them selves. You can have an entire college class devoted to each of their movies, just to study the details alone.

As you can see, I have't really seen an animated movie from Disney that I did not like (except for Hunchback). When you watch the extras on the DVDs, you see how much sweat and tears these people put into the movie, even a flop like Treasure Planet (which I love). You can appreciate all the time and energy that went into these films and love them all just a little bit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast