• oh bugger

Pat Robertson Complains About Interview with Eisner

Maybe this is purely 'entertainment' and not Disney business anymore, but either way its worth a thread.

"Televangelist Pat Robertson has had his public relations representatives file a complaint with CNBC about his treatment by former Disney chief Michael Eisner during the taping of Eisner's CNBC TV show, scheduled to air on Tuesday. Today's (Monday) New York Post published excerpts from the emailed message, in which the Robertson spokesperson complained: "The interview was not at all what we expected. Mr. Eisner covered the business end of things as promised, but then challenged Dr. Robertson on some extremely controversial political issues including gay rights, Hugo Chavez and whether or not Jewish people go to heaven. We were all very disappointed that Mr. Eisner chose to go in this direction." The Post observed that Eisner and Robertson had clashed in the past over the company's decision to offer health benefits for partners of gay employees and over Disney World's "Gay Days."

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Pat Robertson Complains About Interview with Eisner

Since Eisner foolishly spent millions to put carriage of The 700 Club under Disney's wing, perhaps Pat should cool his jets. If Eisner was being really accusatory it might be worth watching, but I suspect this is the case where he's merely offended to be prompted into talking about philosophical religious issues when that's what his occupation is.

• Earth Intruder

Wow I havent said this since the mid 90s but.... Go Eisner!
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

This might be a really smart strategy on Eisner's part: invite people onto his show more unpopular than he is.

• Minion

I think it was bad taste for him to ask whether Jews go to Heaven or not. Pat has some issues, but I think Eisner was pushing a bit.

• Former Epcot CM

Well Eisner is Jewish, so naturally he would be defensive and protective of his religion. Perfectly understandable when you are confronted with someone who shows hostility towards your way of life.

I applaud Eisner. I think it is great that people who make such brash comments can be shown to be cowards when faced with their opinions from someone who belongs to a group of some sort that has been attacked by this person. If he is such a coward, clearly he cannot defend his views properly. Well done Eisner.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Minion

Eisner's show is still on?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    Eisner's show is still on?
    It's recorded well in advance, and likely edited for time purposes. I don't think he's getting too much payment, so it's simply filler.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenb52
    Maybe this is purely 'entertainment' and not Disney business anymore, but either way its worth a thread.

"Televangelist Pat Robertson has had his public relations representatives file a complaint with CNBC about his treatment by former Disney chief Michael Eisner during the taping of Eisner's CNBC TV show, scheduled to air on Tuesday. Today's (Monday) New York Post published excerpts from the emailed message, in which the Robertson spokesperson complained: "The interview was not at all what we expected. Mr. Eisner covered the business end of things as promised, but then challenged Dr. Robertson on some extremely controversial political issues including gay rights, Hugo Chavez and whether or not Jewish people go to heaven. We were all very disappointed that Mr. Eisner chose to go in this direction." The Post observed that Eisner and Robertson had clashed in the past over the company's decision to offer health benefits for partners of gay employees and over Disney World's "Gay Days."
    I watched this segment last night and Robertson seemed to laugh everything off. Anyway by the time that was over, I realized why Eisner was not a good host and turned the channel. He kept stalling in-between his words.

It is so funny how Eisner said that Disney treats everyone friendly though .

• oh bugger

Eisner's 'Conversations' Sets New Ratings Low
    Apparently televangelist Pat Robertson did not bring his substantial flock along with him when he appeared on CNBC's Conversations with Michael Eisner on Tuesday. According to Nielsen Research, only 68,000 viewers tuned in, the fewest viewers since the interview show debuted on March 28. (The show is repeated several times during the week.)