Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Brittany Murphy to Voice Tinker Bell - 6/20/06

The rumors were true.

Disney announced today that actress Brittany Murphy (Sin City, Just Married) will provide the previously unheard voice of the popular pixie in the DisneyToon Studios and Walt Disney Home Entertainment movie Tinker Bell, due to release globally in Fall 2007.

"I've had the good fortune of playing many interesting characters, but none as magical as Tinker Bell," said Murphy. "To give Tinker Bell a voice for the first time in history is such an honor."

The CG-animated feature will be part of the Disney Fairies product line that will include dolls, play-sets and role-play items, many of which will be available for purchase this Fall. The first Disney Fairies book, Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg, was released last September and spent over 20 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list.

--disneytim--

• e komo mai

Re: Brittany Murphy to Voice Tinker Bell - 6/20/06

I don't know how I feel about that. Tinker Bell was such a special character because she didn't talk. The animation had to tell her story without the aid of dialogue. Now she's going to sound like Louann from 'King of the Hill' (also voiced by Murphy)? Ugh.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    I don't know how I feel about that. Tinker Bell was such a special character because she didn't talk. The animation had to tell her story without the aid of dialogue. Now she's going to sound like Louann from 'King of the Hill' (also voiced by Murphy)? Ugh.
    I was thinking the same thing. Hard to picture Tink as uneducated white trash.

The CG-animation bothers me too. Tink's such a classic 2D character. I don't enjoy seeing the "Fab Five" rendered in 3D, so I don't expect to like Tink that way either.

<sigh> Progress.

Ugh.. not excited for this haha

• A New Kind Of Villain

Where's my bottle of vicodin when I need it?
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Don't these people do marketing tests before confirming something!

*yells out of the computer at Disney* HELLLLLO!!! If I wanted Tinkerbell to sound like a 3 pack a day smoking valley girl I will ask for Britney Murphy. COME ON! Cant you people do better than that?!

• decorating

Let me state first that i love Tinker Bell (my favorite character ever) and I hate the fact that there will be a voice for her.
    Now, on to my point
    I think it's funny how sweet everyone takes Tinker Bell. Trailer trash really would do the original TB justice (a la the novel Peter Pan.)

He had to translate. "She is not very polite. She says you are a great [huge] ugly girl, and that she is my fairy.

He tried to argue with Tink. "You know you can't be my fairy, Tink, because I am an gentleman and you are a lady."

To this Tink replied in these words, "You silly ***," and disappeared into the bathroom. "She is quite a common fairy," Peter explained apologetically, "she is called Tinker Bell because she mends the pots and kettles [tinker = tin worker]." [Similar to "cinder" plus "elle" to get Cinderella]
    Wendy was now almost overhead, and they could hear her plaintive cry. But more distinct came the shrill voice of Tinker Bell. The jealous fairy had now cast off all disguise of friendship, and was darting at her victim from every direction, pinching savagely each time she touched.
    "Hullo, Tink," cried the wondering boys.
    Tink's reply rang out: "Peter wants you to shoot the Wendy."

• Banned User

Actually, Brittnay Murphy might do a good job. Remember, she's primarily a VOICE ACTOR. I don't care what she's done in the past.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I can see the stubborn attitude but I still don't see the country redneck voice, I'm sorry, I think Tinkerbell is more classy than that. You can be a bitch and not be a redneck.

Look at Joan Crawford. lol

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I highly doubt Brittany Murphy will voice Tinker Bell like she does LuAnn on "King of the Hill". I'm definetly not a fan for giving Tink a voice after almost 50 years? But at least it's better to have Murphy than Britney Spears or any of the Disney Channel crap they have now (Raven, Hillary Duff, etc. etc.)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    I highly doubt Brittany Murphy will voice Tinker Bell like she does LuAnn on "King of the Hill". I'm definetly not a fan for giving Tink a voice after almost 50 years? But at least it's better to have Murphy than Britney Spears or any of the Disney Channel crap they have now (Raven, Hillary Duff, etc. etc.)
    Now that I will agree with.

Ponders... o O (Does Hillary sit on her Duff?)
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• Shablagoo!

What might make this all work for me is how they present the voices. Let's face it, would you really want all the other fairies to talk, but not Tink? That would seem strange. Now perhaps when fairies speak to humans we just hear the chimes like in Peter Pan,but when they speak to each other they hear words. That I could live with. Afterall, I seriously doubt they are going to use subtitles.

• Neep meep beep

Hmm. She fits the Disney image, doesn't she?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Don't ever assume what an actor can or cannot do. Hollywood is notorious for casting actors doing the same type of role over and over again...but that doesn't mean that the actor couldn't be great as something else.

And Tink is a brat. She's not this delicate, sweet little angel. She's fiesty and oftentimes very mean, her nose stuck up high in the air.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast