• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Ad-free Disney Channel beats ad-supported USA network - Adweek 6/20/06

Disney Beats USA in Weekly Ratings
    June 20, 2006
    By Anthony Crupi
    Adweek

There was a bit of a shakeup in the basic cable ratings last week as ad-free Disney Channel took top honors thanks to big numbers generated by its latest original movie, Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior, and its returning series, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

Disney averaged 2.9 million total viewers in prime time for the week ending June 18, as the Friday night premiere of Wendy Wu became the third-most-watched show on cable, drawing 5.65 million total viewers between 8:00 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. A pair of weekend repeats accounted for another 7.6 million viewers, while the second installment of Zack and Cody retained much of Wendy Wus Friday night lead-in, as 3.63 million people tuned in.

http://www.adweek.com/aw/search/arti..._id=1002691015

• Banned User

Re: Ad-free Disney Channel beats ad-supported USA network - Adweek 6/20/06

Disney Channel does better and better it seems. Unfortunately, I just can't watch it for more than a half-hour...it's just so...so...what's the word I am looking for? I miss the old Disney Channel. It always seemed so "magical." Now its just so...so...I can't find the word.

Re: Ad-free Disney Channel beats ad-supported USA network - Adweek 6/20/06

I'm glad that they have good ratings, but maybe there is a generation gap already, I just don't like any of the shows that they show anymore. I remember when they didn't even have "commercial breaks" they would have a whole movie, no breaks, and between shows just a few quick screen shots of what was coming up and then special preview for a Disney film or a concert. I wish they would considered a Disney Classics Channel, and not necessarily for animated shows, that's what ToonDisney is for.