• Circle of Ancients

Online Sex Sting Nets Theme Park Workers - WESH.Com - 6/27/06

http://www.wesh.com/news/9430581/detail.html

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Three Orlando-area theme park workers were suspended on Monday after an online sex sting operation in Polk County.

Twenty-one people were arrested in all, including two Disney employees, hospitality host George Auld III and ride operator Jason Lee Honeycutt. Universal CityWalk food-and-beverage employee Brian Stenstrup was also charged, WESH 2 News reported.

All three are jailed in Polk County on charges of attempting to solicit a minor for sex.

Investigators said the men carried on graphic online chats for months with those who they believed were young teenage boys or girls. When the men showed up at a Polk County house, they were arrested.

Disney released a statement that said the workers have been placed on administrative leave without pay, and the statement went on to say that Disney has required background checks for all new hires since the mid-1990s.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Online Sex Sting Nets Theme Park Workers - WESH.Com - 6/27/06

Sorry for the double post, but I didn't really want to infuse my personal thoughts into the news post.

Okay ... THREE people out of TWENTY-ONE work at area theme parks. How is it that this is somehow theme-park related? Were they doing this AT the parks? Were they finding people who wanted to do this at the parks?

Then it's not a THEME PARK story. Somebody just wanted to get more publicity out of this story. Sure it's a bad thing, but they are trying to take Disney and Universal down with these losers.

• insufferable know-it-all

I don't know, does one in 7 Polk County residents work for Disney, or is the ratio of arrests higher than the ratio of employment.

Also... is this that same sting they showed on Dateline? I remember them saying it was in Florida...

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I was thinking the same thing to Morrigoon. Maybe it was a sting for Datelines "To Catch A Predator". They usually catch in-between 19-23 people during their stings.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    How is it that this is somehow theme-park related? Were they doing this AT the parks? Were they finding people who wanted to do this at the parks?

Then it's not a THEME PARK story.
    Good thing you posted it in MiceChat News then.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Sorry for the double post, but I didn't really want to infuse my personal thoughts into the news post.

Okay ... THREE people out of TWENTY-ONE work at area theme parks. How is it that this is somehow theme-park related? Were they doing this AT the parks? Were they finding people who wanted to do this at the parks?

Then it's not a THEME PARK story. Somebody just wanted to get more publicity out of this story. Sure it's a bad thing, but they are trying to take Disney and Universal down with these losers.
    The bust stats might also be interprted that one out of 21 sexual preditors in and near Orlando is a Disney hospitality host. That's a little too hospitable for my liking. At his point, we don't no if the three theme park employees mixed their on-line pursuits with jobs held in the parks.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

My sources tell me that Tech has cracked down hard on castmembers using company pcs for personal use, whether they checked their email or the weather for their drive home. I have heard many suspensions and even a few terminations have been handed down for managers and hourly. I assume this is to prevent instances like this from originating at a Disney computer.
    Rick