Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Star Jones is Fired - Freebies did her in

Is she going to have a big goodbye show? I can't imagine that after her not playing along with the planned leaving. not to mention the daily comments from her.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

A goodbye show for Star Jones? Fat chance of that happening now. Effectively Tuesday was her last day on The View. She's now making the talk show rounds. She'll be on Larry King tonight and I think the Today show tomorrow. She already gave Ryan Seacrest and People interviews.

Eventhough I could not stand her, I didn't think Star Jones was stupid. However, burning her bridges right now is a not smart thing to do if you want to stay in the entertainment industry.

It's still going to be interesting to watch Rosie this Fall though. I just want to see how well Babs is going to keep her reigned in and when Rosie opens fire on Elisabeth. And then....how her and Joy compete for jokes. And then throw in whoever the new woman is going to be...
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Former DLR Cast Member

Who gives a s...! She's a moron, will always BE a moron, and sooner or later will be a Hindenberg again!

• Original Mice-Chatter

meh- I have the easiest answer ever-don't watch the show don't care about Star Jones, don't care about her replacement.

I just don't watch TV- not much at all.......*happy sigh*

• Rock Star Minion

Apparently no big send-off. From imdb:

Star Struck at 'The View'
    In what is fast becoming the most talked about firing of a broadcast personality since radio talk-show host Arthur Godfrey fired popular singer Julius LaRosa in 1953, Barbara Walters has barred Star Jones from ever appearing on The View again. "Star, regrettably, will no longer be on this show, except for some shows that have been prerecorded," Walters said on the air Wednesday, the day after Jones disclosed on the air that she would be departing, surprising fellow panelists and Walters, who apparently had planned a more graceful departure for Jones. "She made further announcements that have surprised us. So it is becoming uncomfortable for us to pretend that everything is the same at this table," Walters said Wednesday. Earlier, she had told reporters that she felt "betrayed" by Jones's announcement. In an interview with today's (Thursday) New York Daily News, Jones responded that "for Barbara to say she felt betrayed is the height of hypocrisy." She said that she had learned on April 21 that she was being dropped from the program. "Barbara did not call me herself ... They told me my contract would not be renewed because my approval rating had gone down. ... I was like, 'Whoa!'" Jones said that she felt further humiliated when Walters announced that she had hired Rosie O'Donnell as co-host. "Rosie had attacked me on every single evening entertainment program. ... Barbara used that week to call her and invite her to be part of a show that I helped launch nine years ago."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Interesting story, blah, blah, blah.... WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT WOMAN'S NECK?????? Jeezus, she looks hideous. I liked her better fluffy.

Back to your regularly scheduled bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella
    It's still going to be interesting to watch Rosie this Fall though. I just want to see how well Babs is going to keep her reigned in and when Rosie opens fire on Elisabeth. And then....how her and Joy compete for jokes. And then throw in whoever the new woman is going to be...
    I know-- I actually think it will be so interesting to watch people with such contrasting views-- I always like to hear both sides of the story!

As for Star leaving- it's a shame another View member is going, but I think it will keep the show fresh-- a new face will be a good thing. Also, I happen to think Barbara handled herself very well for having NO warning that Star was going to be doing that!

• Minion

I don't really like star, nor do I like anyone on the View much, but labeling her some horrible crazy person for her wedding and weight loss seems a bit out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    I don't really like star, nor do I like anyone on the View much, but labeling her some horrible crazy person for her wedding and weight loss seems a bit out there...
    I've seen Star called a lot of things this week, but "horrible crazy person" hasn't been one of them. She hasn't made the wisest decisions lately. And given the circumstances, I do empathize with her situation. I've had contracts not renewed too. It doesn't feel good. However, it was business decision decided primarily by ABC.

Personally, I cannot stand the women and never really liked her. However, she did provide interesting comments and insight on some topics on The View. That's why I hope the woman who replaces her is also a professional (maybe medicine/health care this time) somewhat removed from show biz and maybe even a minority...how about Hispanic?

I watch The View and Star really set herself up for criticism regarding both her weight loss and wedding over the past few years. Star is not stupid, but her actions this past week seem to indicate she isn't too interested in network tv as a career because she appears to be burning her bridges. And if the rumors are to be believed, network and cable tv have already passed on her in the past few months.

If she didn't want her weight loss to be a topic of discussion, then she should have handled it better. She talked at great lenghts about her breast surgery and her weight loss competition with her family among several other "personal" topics. And now she's silent on the exact "medical invention" that kick started her weight loss? Well, that's certainly her right but it opens her up to comment. Like many other celebrities they love the attention until the media starts focusing on something they want kept quiet. You can't have it both ways...Britney Spears should be learning that lesson right now too. This, unfortunately, is the price of fame.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

The genie was making Star Jones jokes today during the Aladdin show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12