• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Angry Returning an Item to DisneyShopping.com is a Pain in the ***

For almost a month now, I've been trying to return a Mr. Toad car from the DL 50th Anniversary collection.

I ordered it on May 20th (25% off with free shipping ) It shipped on the 22nd and arrived less than a week later. When I opened the box, I saw that one of the wheels had broken. No biggie--these things happen. I called DisneyShopping.com and the CM said they would send a return label to me. When I received it, I could slap it on the original box, send it back at no cost to me and they would exchange it for a new car. Kewl.

Ten days later, no label.

I called DisneyShopping.com. Apology, apology, apology. "We'll go ahead and send you another label and we'll send you the new car too. Just send the broken car back with the return label."

Two weeks later, nothing.

I called this evening to ask what was going on--I was not happy. After a few uncomfortable moments, the CM told me the replacement car and label was scheduled to be shipped and I would see it in 8-10 days.

"Why does it take two weeks for you to ship it?" I asked politely.

"We needed to verify that everything was OK with the return."

"What exactly did you need to verify?"

"Ummmm . . . well . . . It's a limited edition and we had to make sure it was still in stock."

"I can go on your website and find that out in a few minutes."

"I'm really sorry. You should see it in 8-10 days. If you don't get it, call us back."

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHGHGHGGGGGGHHHHH! !!!

Has anyone else had a problem returning merchandise to DisneyShopping.com? I'll give props to the CM's for being polite, but I think this is flucking ridiculous.
    Last edited by disneytim; 06-27-2006 at 07:01 PM.

• Drunk On Disney

Re: Returning at Item to DisneyShopping.com is a Pain in the ***

Eeek. I have made may purchases, but no returns. Thanks for the heads up.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• The Unknown Princess

Sorry you're having such issues with this. I wonder if its because its a limited edition item but I don't think it should be that big of a deal.

I had to return an item of clothing. On the back of the invoice, they had a return label and how to/reason why the return was happening. I wonder why on your invoice you didn't have that.
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

--------------------------------------------------------

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries

I made a purchase that also arrived broken. I czlled Disney and they sent out a call tasg Got the replacement in teo weeks. Went as smooth as glass.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• For You!

I never returned anything to disney shopping - but when it was disney deals, they just sent me a new item and let me keep the broken one.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Directly directed

Yes. My peter pan snowglobe leaked out all of the water a little after a month after I bought it. Clearly defective. They offered me not my money back but credit. And there weren't any more to replace it with. Otherwise I've done just fine with returning things.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

You should ask them why they are having a hard time sending it to you. I have had problems like this with other companies such as "A.O. Hell" and "The Easton Press" publishing Co. I don't recommend doing business with any of the two companies.

Back onto the main topic. Is their anyway you can get a tracking number from the folks at Disney so you can know where this return label thing is?

Red Face Re: Returning at Item to DisneyShopping.com is a Pain in the ***

Don't be a Toad! You are just being too nice. You need to be more demanding or "divaish" the first time around to get someone to help you. Also, always ask for the person's name and extension when you call a company, that way you can either 1) call them back directly to complain or 2) complain about their bad customer service to their manager. This will get you faster service every time...or maybe even a discount!!!

PS) Can you really relive your ride with a 4 1/2" motorcar? It just doesn't seem the same. But then men and women have different ideas about size.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dahlia
    Don't be a Toad! You are just being too nice. You need to be more demanding or "divaish" the first time around to get someone to help you. Also, always ask for the person's name and extension when you call a company, that way you can either 1) call them back directly to complain or 2) complain about their bad customer service to their manager. This will get you faster service every time...or maybe even a discount!!!

PS) Can you really relive your ride with a 4 1/2" motorcar? It just doesn't seem the same. But then men and women have different ideas about size.
    That would be a problem though if he is calling overseas. If Disney outsources their calls to people in India like most other companies do, then he would not be able to get an extension for the employee he is talking with because they will not have an extension all to themselves. On top of that, people overseas never use their original name.